It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the "Holy Spirit" in Reality a Demon?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Autowrench, thank you for the opportunity to allow me to speak my faith, perhaps in the future we can speak some more.

Any time, friend. You are probably the only Christian in this forum that understands me, and I appreciate that more than you will ever know. I wish all Christians were like you, instead of being so judgemental and condemning to everyone. Bless you, WarminIndy.
Auto

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by WarminIndy

Autowrench, thank you for the opportunity to allow me to speak my faith, perhaps in the future we can speak some more.

Any time, friend. You are probably the only Christian in this forum that understands me, and I appreciate that more than you will ever know. I wish all Christians were like you, instead of being so judgemental and condemning to everyone. Bless you, WarminIndy.
Auto

autowrench, we chose our paths to walk, even though we had similar paranormal experiences growing up. I would never invalidate another person's experiences because it invalidates them as a person. I cannot look at someone else and not think of them as a person.

We might not agree in religion, but whatever I present my religion to be, I should live it and show others why it is good, if I believe it is good. I have never said to you to believe it just because I say so. I would not even do that either. I am glad we can have good conversations and thank you.

Bless you autowrench.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

So YHWH as in the God of the Bible or to be more specific the God of Abraham Issac and Jacob is an alien, dragon or a sea dwelling monster? Or perhaps as you said all of the above (draco alien whatever that is). I looked through a few of the links you provided as your proof but they all have alternative explanations and many of them had nothing to pertain to the question I posed. I can respect your opinion but I disagree with it.

You assert that God is an alien or some sort of mythical creature yet in your post you say that he is unknowable so how then can you say that he is an alien or a mythical creature if he is unknowable? The sheer number of things that you claim as fact and yet have no proof for is astounding. Where is the logic of your argument? I do not mean to be disrespectful but so far your posts have made little sense to me.

How can you jump to the conclusion that God is a mythical creature based solely on a descrption of him? Biblical Scripture also says that he is an All Consuming Fire. That doesn't mean that God is some giant forest fire. I'm tall but that doesnt make me Goliath. Do you understand the point I'm making? Truth is truth because it stands before the tide of time regardless of anything else and you have not presented any truth. Scripture also says that God is Truth and He is Love. Aliens and mythical creatures don't sound like Truth and Love to me.

There are many other things I would like to address in your posts but I dont have the time right now. Interesting Thread though.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Ah ok I understand a bit better now I've read your post a bit more closely. You are concluding that the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, YHWH, is in fact a alien or mythical creature and that He is not the true God but rather some other unknowable female deity is 'god'. So the reason this unknowable deity is female is because men have nipples therefore women were created first? That's your reason? Has is occured to you that perhaps women have nipples because men in fact were created first? What is your evidence to back up these claims of yours other than a few links that wont answer my questions?

Everyone has a right to their own faith and belief system. I'm just questioning yours to better understand it. What makes your unknowable demale deity god rather than the God of 3 billion people give or take?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

Sorry, not trying to dis you, but it is exactly this congregational chanting stuff that really gives me the creeps.

This is far too cultic.

Really freaked me out as a child, and still bugs me today.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by I Want To Believe

Ah ok I understand a bit better now I've read your post a bit more closely. You are concluding that the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, YHWH, is in fact a alien or mythical creature and that He is not the true God but rather some other unknowable female deity is 'god'. So the reason this unknowable deity is female is because men have nipples therefore women were created first? That's your reason? Has is occured to you that perhaps women have nipples because men in fact were created first? What is your evidence to back up these claims of yours other than a few links that wont answer my questions?

Everyone has a right to their own faith and belief system. I'm just questioning yours to better understand it. What makes your unknowable demale deity god rather than the God of 3 billion people give or take?

Yes, what I said about the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, YHWH is really what all of my research says. I fist came onto this by the study of the Gnostic Texts. The the Quabbala brought me even closer to it, and the Sword also alluded to the fact that a Dragon God was directly involved with these men of the OT. Here is a list of facts to ponder before I go on, please read them:
Is the Biblical Yahweh actually a dragon?

On the Female Deity thing, I am now an old man, but ever since very early childhood I can remember thinking that that God was a Woman. The "voice of God" that we all hear? Was a Feminine voice, not a male voice. This is why I became a Wiccan, after all, the book religions are an all male club, no room for anything Feminine in their Godhead....if you even mention the Goddess to a Fundamental they will invariably make a quick reference to the "Whore of Babylon."

I have come to believe over the years that all of the biblical Gods were in fact ETs, they posed as Gods. There is no proof of that, of course, but it certainly makes sense to me. The Gods were here, in person, there were more than one, that is clear, they warred and fought with each other for supremacy, the unleashed "Great Weapons of Terror" which utterly destroyed whole City States, and probably create the Sahara Desert as it is today. (Rocks blackened on one side only)

Then the "Gods" got back into their "Glory of the Lord" spacecraft and flew off, promising to return one day. Does this really sound like something a real Creator would do? Why would a real Creator need a metal spacecraft anyway? These "Gods" are depicted in much Early Religious Art, flying in their craft in the sky.

If we trace the Christian Religion back in time, we will always come to the Ancient Egyptians, because that was the root of all Earth religions. To the Early Egyptians, the Creation Story went something like this:

In the beginning there was only water, a chaos of churning, bubbling water, this the Egyptians called Nu or Nun. It was out of Nu that everything began. As with the Nile, each year the inundation no doubt caused chaos to all creatures living on the land, so this represents Nu. eventually the floods would recede and out of the chaos of water would emerge a hill of dry land, one at first, then more. On this first dry hilltop, on the first day came the first sunrise. So that is how the Egyptians explain the beginning of all things. As you can see by researching Nu, she was half Human, half Dragon, or Snake. Remember the Snake in the Garden?
I attempted to explore this concept in this thread:
Were Humans Created by Reptilians? You can easily see what new Gods had to be created here, cannot have a Dragon being God, can we?

I never came here with an All Knowing attitude. I am well read, that being said, I am curious, I have an obsession to know things. I take nothing on Blind Faith. Everything is questioned and examined fully. I simply cannot just read in one book and take it as literal truth above all other truth, and I cannot just sit idly by and wait for a saviour to come get me and take me to Heaven. Can't do it. I feel like I have to save my own self, plain and simple. Through my studies, I have learned how to Astral Travel, how to form a
working Merkaba. Formed correctly, a Merkaba is quite like a UFO, and one can fly in it. Don't get exited here, it takes years to do this properly. And that is the point. I have spent some of my time learning things. I feel like this life will be my last time of learning, from this point on, I will be doing something else. And no, that is not just ego talking.
(contd.)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
(further)

The Ancient tales of Nibiru and the Annunaki tell of a Great Celestial Battle with a Female Dragon named Tiamat. (Terra)

Israel’s creation stories are not directly copy their neighbors, but they come awfully close. The first four lines of the Amorite epic, Enuma Elish, might be too similar to be a coincidence. The God, Apsu is identified with sweet water and the goddess, Tiamet, with the sea. Their son Mummu symbolizes the mist that rises from the waters.

"When above the heavens were not named
Below the earth was not called by name
Apsu, the primeval, was their progenitor
Mummi-Tiamat was the bearer of all of them…
Their waters had been gathered together
Dry ground was not formed, grass was not seen,
When the gods, not one had been fashioned,
A name was not called, destinies were not fixed,
(Then) were created the gods in their midst."
(Enuma Elish)

The constellation Ophiuchus in Greek means Snake Bearer. In the Babylonian view, this constellation represented the monster Tiamat, the Bitter Ocean. Tiamat personified Chaos from which all things came forth. Tiamat took Apsu, god of the Fresh Waters, as her husband.

Out of this union were born many evil deities whose main purpose was to create conflict, confusion, friction and strife. Tiamat, however, was not satisfied with her brood and decided to destroy it. In the war that ensued, Apsu was killed by his son Ea who, fearing his mother’s wrath subsequently fled to the farthest corner of Fresh Waters.

Tiamat remarried her son Kingu, by whom she also had offspring. Still, Tiamat was not satisfied with her progeny and did battle with them—during which time she was killed by her grandson, the Sun God Marduk.

The Dragon & Creation

What we know as Human Beings are not Dragon Offspring anymore, are we? No, we have been changed from what may have been our original form. Alternate DNA has been introduced into our system of Genetics, and we have Evolved into a new being. (sorry Christians, I know you hate evolution)

I submit, again no definitive scientific proof, that ET Beings have intermeshed their DNA with ours, slowly bringing us to the form we are today. Some of these ETs are 5th dimensional Light Beings, these beings vibrate at such a high rate we cannot see them, but perhaps we can feel them, and hear them. I have had opportunity to converse with several ET Beings of a Higher Order, and of course I asked about God, Creation of humankind, and so on. How did this all begin? As I said, I am curious. Nobody seems to know who built all this and started it up, and how it all began. I have heard references to a "First Creator," but heard no definition of who or what it was.

So, is Earth History correct? Do Dragons figure prominently in the creation of humankind? Sure seems that way, doesn't it? Do humans have Alien DNA in them? Some think so.

Humans and Aliens Might Share DNA Roots

Scientists Find Extraterrestrial Genes In Human DNA

The Annunaki

As I said before, I am not here to convert anyone to what I believe, what I am here for is to ask questions. To learn things. That is the whole and complete purpose of this thread, to ask the question and and see the answers that people come up with. I want to know what everyone thinks. Is that so wrong?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

As I said before, I am not here to convert anyone to what I believe, what I am here for is to ask questions. To learn things. That is the whole and complete purpose of this thread, to ask the question and and see the answers that people come up with. I want to know what everyone thinks. Is that so wrong?

There is nothing wrong with wanting to know how others think..but when they tell you how they think.. it is in my opinion a bit hypocritical to call them judgmental and harsh , when it is you who judges as well what they think.

At the end of the day , it is not the judgement of humans that is our salvation..this we need to remember.

Many souls are lost to the darkness because they care more about finding favor with other humans than they do about finding favor with God who created all things. This is not to say we should not love all other humans, but with a love that is from Holiness, a love that cares deeply about their souls , more than their egos.

edit on 18-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Have you thought about this possibility? I'm sure you have heard of the inter-dimensional being idea. What if these creatures think it is in their self interest to keep humans ignorant? What better way to keep us ignorant than to periodically disguise themselves as ghosts or angels or saints or goddesses to encourage superstition and religion? Then they can sit back and laugh at us.
edit on 18-1-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I still don't see how this has to do with the Holy Spirit being a demonic spirit or how the God of Abraham is a dragon. All you've quoted is some Sumerian, Babylonian and Assyrian legends. I do concede the point that some hebrew legend is similar to egyptian legend but that can be easily explained by the Isrealites captivity in egypt. I too am a student of history and myth and am a very skeptical person by nature but I am having a hard time finding the correlation between these legends and your point.

I dont see how hebrew creation stories are similar to the legends you quoted in your post and I have read and studied most if not all of them. If memory serves the hebrew creation story goes that God (plural and yet also singular) created the heavens and the earth below and the world was void and without form and that the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit) hovered above the face of the waters. Of course there are slight variations depending on which book you read and it's translation but they all are similar in that it took God(s) six days to create everything and on the seventh day He rested from all his work.

To my knowledge there was no warring, marriage or dragons mentioned in the hebrew creation stories or at least what I've read of them. I'm open to all viewpoints and beliefs but forgive me yours does seem a bit far fetched. Biblical Scripture says that in the beginning God created Adam in his image and likeness but yet I as Adams decendant dont breathe fire or fly. It's not that I dont believe in the existence of dragons past or present but God as a dragon. I dont think so. But that's just my opinion at least.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I didn't say i didn't agree with his loving side, but he has a wrathful side too and the worlds going to find out what he is like when he's pissed soon enough. Next time Jesus comes he's coming for blood. Once as the savior and last as a conqueror.
I think your confusion comes from the fact that you are a heretic in that you think Jesus is the same person as the god-like character in the Old Testament. I say, heretic, because of your not accepting that Jesus is a unique individual, which is fundamental to Christian theology.
Jesus is not the destroying angel but the Passover that protects us from it but only the more general type of destruction such as the annihilation of the soul after we die. Jesus rescues us by raising us from the dead to have eternal life. The universe as it is does a good enough job destroying people (by the tens of thousands every day) and does not need Jesus to help it out.
edit on 18-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by isitoveryet

Unless we open ourselves up to take a leap of faith as a single humanity, we will never achieve anything greater than life and death.

When will we wake up. When will the spirit wake up?

Maybe the spirit is here but the world wont listen.

Maybe the world is listening and the spirit isn't talking.

we shall see...
I would suggest you keep talking and of course writing, such as you already are.
Work on your expression, again, as obviously you are, already, and people who read you will start to repeat your thoughts and make them spread.
We are the agents of the spirit and it is through us that advancement is made. The all-of-a-sudden is that light bulb inside our head and we all have to have that happen and when each person is ready.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

It was the same old stuff, judgement and warnings of hell fire and damnation.

There are evil spirits. I don't understand them but I know they exist.
I wonder what this church would think if one day you did an exorcism on it? They would flip out.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Do the research, YHWH, El, Enki, Enil, Marduk, and Jehovah are all separate Beings. You simply cannot bunch all of the Ancient Ones into one neat little package and call it "God." This is not logical.
I'm not including Enki, Enil, and Marduk. I don't know what you mean by research but if you mean reading books, I do that and from the recognized authorities on the subject, like: Day, Smith, and Cross. There is an old interview with Cross made into an ebook that you can download free from Biblical Archaeology Review by giving them your email address, and you can see who the guy is and what he knows, and you should be encouraged from that to buy several books by him and also by the ones he quotes, being John Day and Mark S. Smith.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Israel’s creation stories are not directly copy their neighbors, but they come awfully close.

The Hebrew mythology is different where God does not kill the dragon but tames it.
This is the direct opposite of what other nations held as their mythology.
I agree with this version and I believe it represents one of two opposing general views on creation and is the superior of them and represents the superior philosophy which is based on this version.
God does not destroy one universe to create from its carcass a new universe, just as God does not kill His father to usurp his throne.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

What does all of this "dragon gods" and stuff have to do with whether or not the holy spirit is a demon?

Are you saying that the dragon gods are evil or something? If they are reptillion are you being racist saying that all reptilions are evil?

If YHVH or JaHoVaH or YaHVeH really is a Dragon then what about "666" the mark of the beast, and the dragon emerging out of the water in book of revelation?

Satan is also called a Dragon in the Book of Revelations, if God (YHVH) is dragon, why would God make his enemy Satan dragon?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Many souls are lost to the darkness because they care more about finding favor with other humans than they do about finding favor with God who created all things. This is not to say we should not love all other humans, but with a love that is from Holiness, a love that cares deeply about their souls , more than their egos.

The only souls that go to darkness is the ones who were taught that they will go there. Sorry, but Heaven and Hell are all in the mind, and neither are real. Anyone who passes over goes to the 4th Dimension. How do I know this? I have had the NDE experience twice, and I have seen a lot of "dead" people in my life, and spoken to more than a few about the Afterlife. I know, you probably won't believe a word of this, but I will use my own Grandfather as a good example here. He was a great deal like me, he was a Wiccan, and hated Christians, who were always coming to his door trying to convert him and Grandma. Grandfather had even killed a few men, and his first wife, it was said, so if anyone was going to Hell, it should have been him, right? Well, when I saw him, on two occasions so far, he was not in Hell, in fact, he looked pretty good for a man who "died" a broken down man with cancer, a bad back, and Black Lung. When I saw him, he looked 30, in perfect health, and didn't even cough anymore. And guess what? He was sill smoking Camels! Grandfather told me many things about the Afterlife, and it is no one thing like you have been led to believe.
Heaven and Hell were invented for a real good reason...to get people to come to church, give over their money to the Priest Class, in your case, Gabby, the minister, so he/she could have a good lifesyle, and so they can use your energy to give to whomever you guys worship, but I doubt highly it is who you think it is.

When one "dies," if they are injured bad, or racked with illness, they will be cocooned for a time, and cared for by relatives and friends. After that, the one joins their family and friends, and does what people do. In this place, whatever you think is become reality, instantly. Think of a Coca-Cola, one appears in your hand, ready to drink. This is why a training of the mind is necessary. Think of a supposed enemy, manifest a gun and shoot them, back down to the 3rd Dimension you go. No place for anger here.

The famous "Light" we have all heard about is a lot like a computerized machine. It does have default settings, but if questioned, will send you to anywhere you wish to go. Those who have lived many lives on Terra Firma have a solid place to rest, so their journey is pretty automatic. And while I am on the subject here, each Human Spirit will live out hundreds of human lives before they can truly evolve to the next level. The one life idea, again, put out by a greedy church only interested on one thing. Notice how your church is always putting that idea into your head about Hellfire and Damnation? There is a reason for that, the church does not wish you to know who, and what you really are, not a simple human being, but a Divine Spirit of a rather High Order. Remember, you are only a slave if that is your desire, and you will only go to a dark place, or Hell, it is because that is where you want to go, the thoughts fed my constant pounding into your head.

Having said that, please read me here:

The God and Goddess, Father and Mother, and the Conspiracy to keep us from Knowing

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday

Have you thought about this possibility? I'm sure you have heard of the inter-dimensional being idea. What if these creatures think it is in their self interest to keep humans ignorant? What better way to keep us ignorant than to periodically disguise themselves as ghosts or angels or saints or goddesses to encourage superstition and religion? Then they can sit back and laugh at us.

Of course I have thought of the possibility. I am always thinking about these things. But as the Annunaki intermeshed their DNA with ours, and in the process made us look like them, and not like the Reptilians, I am sure they think of us as their children. Humanity will never be destroyed, if they were, it would effect every other species out there, for we are all one big family, after all.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by I Want To Believe

I do concede the point that some hebrew legend is similar to egyptian legend but that can be easily explained by the Isrealites captivity in egypt. I too am a student of history and myth and am a very skeptical person by nature but I am having a hard time finding the correlation between these legends and your point.

There were no "Isrealites"until much later. The ones who escaped Egypt were Mercenaries, led by Moses, they were a force that defended Egypt. Even in the Exodus story is says they were "well armed," and that they "sacked the city," suggesting they were a well armed force of soldiers. Aided by the Dragon, they left Egypt.
The whole reason the Pharaoh went after them was they took everything that wasn't nailed down. Like I have said many times, don't just let someone tell you what the book says, read the book, and research the stories. Cross reference the words and places.

SERAPHIM

Yahweh the Misunderstood Dragon

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by I Want To Believe

To my knowledge there was no warring, marriage or dragons mentioned in the hebrew creation stories or at least what I've read of them.

I have been told thousands of times that the Holy bible is based directly on the Torah, the Hebrew Bible.
You obviously have not read it very well. How many times is the word "Dragon" mentioned in the Bible?

Dragons are mentioned in:
Deuteronomy 32:33
Nehemiah 2:13
Job 30:29
Psalms 44:19
Psalms 74:13
Psalms 91:13
Psalms 148:7
Isaiah 13:22
Isaiah 27:1
Isaiah 34:13
Isaiah 35:7
Isaiah 43:20
Isaiah 51:20
Jeremiah 9:11
Jeremiah 10:22
Jeremiah 14:6
Jeremiah 49:33
Jeremiah 51:34,37
Ezekiel 29:3
Micah 1:8
Malachi 1:3
Revelation 12:3-4,7,9,13,16,17
Revelation 13:2,4,11
Revelation 16:13
Revelation 20:2
So around 25 times.

Here is a description of the Leviathan:
(Book of Job 41:20) Out of his [Leviathan] nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.21 His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.

And here is description of Yahweh, the ‘God’ of the Bible:

(Psalm 18:8, 2 Samuel 22:9) There went up a smoke out of his [Yahweh] nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it.

And, according to Bible, what is the leviathan?

(Isaiah 27:1…) Leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; the Dragon that is in the sea.

(Revelations 12:9)
"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world [through Christianity]: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

The word "war" is mentioned 231 times in the New Testament, King James version. In a previous post, I've listed and counted God's killings in the Bible. But I only included those that said exactly how many were killed by God. I came up with 2,476,633.

But that didn't include some of God's most impressive slaughters. How many did God drown in the flood or burn to death in Sodom and Gomorrah? How many first-born Egyptians did he kill? The Bible doesn't say, so there's no way to know for sure. But it's possible to provide rough estimates in order to get a grand total, and that's what I'm attempting here.

Total with estimates: about 25 million human beings killed by God.

Here is a partial list, if interested in seeing chapter and verse:
How many people did God kill in the Bible?

Marriage?
In the King James version the word "marriage" occurs 19 times.

Just a few....
(Exodus 21:10) If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.

(Matthew 22:4) Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.

(Luke 20:34) And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage.

The word "marriages" occurs 3 times
(Genesis 34:9) And make ye marriages with us, and give your daughters unto us, and take our daughters unto you.

(Deuteronomy 7:3) Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.

(Joshua 23:12) Else if ye do in any wise go back, and cleave unto the remnant of these nations, even these that remain among you, and shall make marriages with them, and go in unto them, and they to you:

The word "married" appears 30 times
The word "marrying" appears twice
The word "marry" appears 22 times
The word "marrieth" appears 4 times

Answer your questions?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join