It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the "Holy Spirit" in Reality a Demon?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by vogon42

Again..... Are Jesus and padre pio the only names you know??

read the above post..and I added a few more.. but I could give you a list of a thousand names.. if you actually want them..

let me know..

Ha Ha Ha.....what a fake you are. You added the 2nd part to your post AFTER you read my response.
You remind me of the "false prophet" idea. Or at least, you are a liar.

Ha ha..... change you answer after you read my reply.
Does that make you true to your god?

You have to ask yourself ......who are you (and your religion) actually lying to. (its not me, I can see through your deception).......
shameful.....just, shameful

At least....sticking with the topic.....you are showing that demon side of Your god. (do you know other peoples gods are honest?)
edit on 16-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Ha Ha Ha.....what a fake you are. You added the 2nd part to your post AFTER you read my response. You remind me of the "false prophet" idea. Or at least, you are a liar. Ha ha..... change you answer after you read my reply. Does that make you true to your god? You have to ask yourself ......who are you (and your religion) actually lying to. (its not me, I can see through your deception)....... shameful.....just, shameful

That isn't true vogon.. when I reread you previous post in my reply I realized I didn't answer your question...so i edited it..then i saw your reply.

Your judgements don't bother me vogon..I know Jesus knows how it really happened..

I feel sad for you that you seem so full of hatred for me.. and would pick on the littlest things to try and mock me..

Let go of the hatred vogon.. its a poison that will eat you alive.. I know..I've been there...and I've been shown through prayer where to find the healing source.

edit on 16-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

That isn't true vogon.. when I reread you previous post in my reply I realized I didn't answer your question...so i edited it..then i saw your reply.......................

OK, so I'm suppose to believe some one who has already told me they believe EVERY CHILD is a sinner.

I believe you are sick,
I believe you are sadistic,
I believe if you are not a child abuser, you are perhaps an enabler,
I believe there is a good chance your god is a demon,

Do I believe you.....NO, not at all.

edit on 16-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The Holy Spirit is not a demon.. but the Holy spirit helps us learn how to fight the demons with weapons of prayer and love.

Please..for those of you who think I am all high and mighty.. I feel like a terrible sinner who has been shown the path to a better life. A life that I once tried to live as a follower of Christ, but through neglect of prayer..and slowly letting the cares of the world and my own interests take center of my life..I got very lost... in sin.. and to the cares of this world.

I am learning to put my trust in Gods ways everyday.. and I know I disappoint Him daily ..sometimes in big ways..sometimes in less serious ways.

It is the Holy Spirit that helps me drive out the demons of apathy.. of lack of prayer and lack of remorse for my wrongdoings.

It is the Holy Spirit that tells me daily that Jesus loves me and is merciful..and wants to help me with the graces to love others as Jesus loves them.

There is no possible way under all of the heavens and the earth that the true Holy Spirit could ever be considered a demon.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
reply to post by autowrench

That's my mission too and I wish I had just an ounce of your effort in helping expose certain things.

Thank you for the vote of confidence. The effort part is hard, some days I will spend 6-8 hours researching, page after page, taking notes, bookmarking pages. This is not even counting at night, when lots of information is "downloaded," best descriptive word here, to my brain, some encrypted, and unable for me to decipher right away, other info is in open format, like you wake up, and you have taken the equivalent of of a college lecture.

If this is truly your mission, and I say this as a friend, you need to find that effort within yourself, and get to work. Time is short, friend, and I am sure those of us on this mission wish to save as many Souls as humanly possible.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

but because of sinful nature and the human aspect they sometimes fail.

Isn't that a negative thought, gabby? Why the label for those unlike you in a forum with (Total Members: 252,023) and 614 members are logged into AboveTopSecret.com right now. Think about this for a second. We of Planet Earth are MANY People.

On August 1, 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau estimated the Earth's human population at over 6.859 billion people.
It grew at an estimated rate of 1.133 percent in the year 2009.
The United Nations Demographic Yearbook is an annual source of estimates for the population of its member countries. These international population estimates began with the work of the League of Nations in the 1920s. On August 1, 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau also estimated the United States population at nearly 310 million people.
source

Latest official current world population estimate, for mid-year 2011, is estimated at 6,928,198,253.
source

Your book says everyone must hear the words of the Lord, Right? So one takes on a mission, to save everyone. New humans are being born in the World every second of ever minute of every day of every year. If this is your mission, how do you plan to accomplish this? I was raised on in a Church of God, Pentecostal, Fundamental across the board. I saw things there that almost gave me a psychosis. I say people act like,they were possessed with something that felt evil to me, it felt like a snake crawled into these people, and made them act like they did. I know all churches are not like that, in fact, I have been to churches that were laid back and gentle, and passed on the message of the Christ without all of the fall on your knees worshipful state of the fundamentals. Full Submission.

What I am taking about is a prison without bars, and a life sentence of servitude, and then on the one side is God and Jesus, and Heaven.
On the other side is Satan, his Demonic Army, and the Anti-Christ.
You must choose one or the other. This is not the true nature of humanity, friend, no, we are different from that, deep inside we know there is a better, more free way to live. Hope is a thing Humanity will always have. Humanity is composed of energy, so we are all Immortal. There isn't just the one life, Oh! how I wish it was! We life many lifetimes.

Past life regression is a technique that uses hypnosis to recover what practitioners believe are memories of past lives or incarnations, though others regard them as fantasies or delusions. Past life regression is typically undertaken either in pursuit of a spiritual experience, or in a psychotherapeutic setting.
[url=https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Past_life_regression

Notice the words, fantasies or delusions? I had past life regressions done in 2000, after seeing some terrifying visions of the end of the world. I have several posted in this forum. My last past life was in the 1860s, It was joining the army of my friends and family, and marching until our shoes fell off with wear. It was moment of sheer terror, some time I wake up at night and hear the cannon fire in the distance, I can smell black powder, and I can smell death, and blood.
I cannot watch a Civil War movie or documentary, and even a picture brings that back. Done do this unless you are serious. Hence, my avatar, and my personal motto, Rebel With A Cause. My point here is there are many lives for everyone, Earth in reality is a school for Spirits. To call it a sinful nature is not quite right. That particular word is only seen as right, and not insulting, while other may find it to be just that. Isn't that a little close to being racial? We all need to stop it with the labels. Once Humanity hears the label, the object, words, writings that is being used to represent the thing is seen only as the Label

From another post by myself:
This is all based of course, on their book. None will admit all of the translations and changes it has gone though, nor will any of them do any research on the origins of words or stories found in the book. Any earlier books or texts are "lies," or "work of the Devil." I don't know a lot about Islam, but my take on the extreme version is quite like this, either or. Don't these two book religions realize the heartache and bloodshed they have caused with this "belief system?" Right now, at this moment, Christianity is at war with Islam. Where does it end? When you destroy the world?

Just asking, respectfully, Auto

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

autowrench..please don't take it personally if I choose to believe Holy apparitions over your truths.

I will believe the saints as well as those who have been shown visions of heaven, hell and purgatory..so that they may be made known to us as a reality.

You have been given your free will to believe what you see as truth.. and I have been given mine to have faith and believe in what I see as truth.

It is for God to reveal the rest in His own time..according to His will.

May God bless you and the mercy of Jesus be with you.. if you should ever have the desire for it.

..as for me.. I wish nothing more than to leave this earth praising our wonderful Father for His most precious and divine gifts to us of the Sacred and Immaculate hearts of His son Jesus, and His blessed mother Mary.

I can't see how this would personally injure you in anyway..so I hope you don't have a problem with it.

edit on 16-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Windword, I know that I can say that ghosts are not always demons, they are sometimes representations of dead people. We really do not know even though we see them. The word ghost has always been defined as a spirit in the Old English, even as John Wycliffe uses that word.

The Bible however does use the term Holy Ghost and Holy Spirit in different places. The disciples were commanded to baptize in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, but some Christians felt it seemed a little harsh and changed it to Holy Spirit. I have always said Holy Ghost.

The Bible makes other references to spirits that seem to not make sense if you look at it within just the modern English usage of spirit. For instance, the Bible says there are 7 spirits of God which are at work in the world. What are they? You have to go through the Bible to find them,

1 — the Spirit of the Lord; 2 — the Spirit of wisdom; 3 — the Spirit of understanding; 4 — the Spirit of counsel; 5 — the Spirit of might; 6 — the Spirit of knowledge; 7 — and the Spirit of the fear of the LORD.

What I find striking is this, even though these Spirits are capitalized, they refer to persons. These persons are part of God, but not considered as part of the Godhead. Even at that, they may be seen as attributes, but as we see from the Book of Proverbs show the Spirit of Wisdom as a person, and a woman. This is undeniable and obvious.

I am a Christian because I make my confession in Jesus Christ and am born again through Jesus Christ. And by being Christian, I must believe Jesus Christ, what He said and what He did and if I am going to believe that He is the Word of God made flesh, then I must know what the Word says. I cannot get around the fact that Proverbs calls Wisdom a woman. This then must be the female aspect of God, that is a person, the same that the Son is a person, but all are one Spirit. I am going to get flack now from other Christians who may feel that I have just committed a heresy, but I ask you please, please read the Bible.

In the ancient texts, even by the most early Christians who were not Gnostics, but early converts from Judaism that were still called Jewish Believers (Timothy is recorded as a Jewish Believer), all believed this very thing I tell you. The Holy Ghost was symbolized as a dove, and as a woman. I thought I was blasphemous until the scripture was revealed to me in understanding when Jesus said "My mother is she who keeps the will of God". I struggled with this for weeks, every day and every night, I struggled with this because I know the penalty of blasphemy. Then I remembered the verse "Wisdom is justified of her children". I prayed and prayed over this, I searched the Bible and realized that somewhere along the way, this was a truth that the leaders of the Roman church took away from the believers.

I used to not believe anything that was not in the Bible, or in the Bible that I had. Then I read a verse from Jude, that said "Enoch, the seventh from Adam prophesied of these things, saying, I saw the Lord's return with ten thousands, thousands of His saints". I searched the Bible for where it said that, then found the Book of Enoch, and the first chapter of the Book of Enoch says that very thing. What? You mean the writer of Jude made a direct reference to a book that was not in my Bible? Wait a minute, if it is in the Bible, it is given for us to know and to understand. What happened? The Church fathers removed from us the truths of the most early Christians because they had an agenda. Go back to the earliest beliefs of the Church, and see what they knew. That was not blasphemy for me to say what I did, what is blasphemy is to deny the whole truth. The Holy Ghost is not a man, the Holy Ghost is the Holy Wisdom of God, personified as a woman. I, as a Christian, cannot get around this when reading the Bible.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acetradamus
reply to post by bozzchem

paraphrasing...

"those who blaspheme against the lord - will be forgiven ; those who blaspheme agains the son - will be forgiven; those who blaspheme against the holy spirit - will not be forgiven"..

jesus says something along those lines too if im correct.

for me that indiciates that the holy spirit can only be one thing.

The conversation need go no further, there's your answer. Unless you just want to grasp at straws, in that case it's a guy that lives in Norco California and drives an 86 Dodge Van and is on SSDI. ......Really, I'd go with the first one.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

There is no difference except Ghost is of German origin and Spirit is of Latin origin...
It's sort of like saying Work (German) or Labor (Latin)

I agree, words, all words have origins. Trouble is, some languages do not translate to other languages. Ancient Hebrew is one of these. Sometimes I wish humankind had not invented writing, and had the Native American way of the "Tell." Every so often, the tribe would gather, and the Elders would tell the stories of the Tribe, their adventures, their conquests, marriages, deals with other Tribes, and history is all passed down to the young.

These people who believe that they are doing evil in the name of The Holy Spirit, obviously never heard Jesus talk about love. Love your enemy and do NOT resist evil.

I assume when you say, "those people," you are speaking about me. right? I most certainly did read it, in fact, I went so deep into the world of Christianity that I discovered many secrets, secrets held by those who are never seen, the ultimate leaders of your religious institutions.

God is LOVE and LOVE holds no records of wrong doings...

"God" is a job description.

God noun
1. the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe.
2. the Supreme Being considered with reference to a particular attribute: the God of Islam.
3. ( lowercase ) one of several deities, especially a male deity, presiding over some portion of worldly affairs.
4. ( often lowercase ) a supreme being according to some particular conception: the god of mercy.
5. Christian Science . the Supreme Being, understood as Life, Truth, love, Mind, Soul, Spirit, Principle. EXPAND verb (used with object) god·ded, god·ding. ( lowercase )
9. to regard or treat as a god; deify; idolize.

Also, how can you call a God "Good, and Love, when this God does things like this:
lied (Gen 2:17, 2 Samuel. 7:13)
mingled a perverse spirit (Isaiah 19:14)
ordered stealing (Ezekiel. 39:10, Ex. 3:22)
made false prophecies (Jonah 3:4. Gen. 5:10)
ordered killing (Leviticus. 26:7-8, Numbers. 25:4-5)
had a temper (Deuteronomy 13:17, Judges 3)
"God" wasn't omnipresent (Gen4:16, 11:5, 1 Kings 19:11-12)
sanctioned slavery (Ezekiel 21:20-21, Deuteronomy 15:17)
prevented people from hearing his word (Isaiah 6:10, John 12:39-40)
supported human sacrifice (Exodus. 22:29-30, Ezekiel 20:26)
ordered cannibalism (Leviticus. 26: 29, Jeremiah. 19:9)
demanded virgins as a part of war plunder (Numbers. 31:31-36)
(Sounds a lot like Dragon Lore, huh? Dragons that drink blood. Blood of virgins.)
required a woman to marry her rapist (Deuteronomy 22:28:29)
There are many more in there, friend. Does this really sound like a Being intelligent people would wish to worship such a Being. If you have read the Bible, studied it like I have, you can clearly see that there are two different Gods here. The hateful, Dragon-like, spiteful, jealous of the Old Testament, and the Good loving God who gets directly involved with human affairs, does everything for humanity, even win football games. A million people die, it was "God's Will."

People are "scared" of what God may think of them but The Bible says that there is no fear in perfect love...

Look, some of you are all about the Jesus. Jesus did this, and that, and now he is our GOD, completely worthy worship, as long as you are on your knees, that is, of granting every prayer that you ask in "his" name. The Real meaning of Christ, and here we go down the rabbit hole, was many beings, alien/human hybrids, who were sent here, to correct mistakes of the "Gods." After the Deluge, the Gods felt sorry for us, and decided that our lovemaking wasn't disturbing him al all. Buddha was a Christ, as was Mithra, and many others, nearly every culture has legends of Christ teaching to them also. The message is pretty clear, Love each other. Do not murder, rape, or steal. Honour your Earth parents, ask the Queen Sophia for the wisdom. Christ Sophia was not only a redeemer and savior, but also a model for human functioning; and that his mother, Mary, was a representation of the divine feminine and was equal to Jesus in redemptive and mediation powers. Human beings are souls which are in a continuing process of perfecting through the cumulative experience of multiple lives on Terra/Earth.
The Sophia of Jesus Christ
Are you beginning to see the extraterrestrial influences here? You have raised a man to the status of a Deity, and if one wants to take about sin, I would say that is a pretty big one.
Old Testament, Exodus, Chapter 20.
"You shall have no Gods before me."
Clearly he said "Gods" in the plural sense of the word. Indicating other Gods.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Yes but, "ghost" carries the connotation of someone who is, in fact, dead. Whereas "spirit" could be just about anything, ie: the spirit of (insert anything here). Spirit can carry a more collective definition. A ghost is a disembodied soul.

A Star for you, windword, more if it would let me. I fully agree 100%. I was a car mechanic in my younger days, a career I was totally in love with, and I drove only Street Rods, High Performance cars.
I have had cars that I loved so much, I know beyond any doubt whatsoever that a part of my Spirit cloned into that car. Still today, even though I drive a full size G-20 Chevy van, it is as high performance as much as I can afford. When a powerful Energy Beings such as a human being love something, be it human, material object, animals, money, a part of their own Spirit goes into it. You all have "soul pieces" you have given away. We have to be careful what and who we love. There must always be a balanced vibration in the matrix we all live in for it to be a happy and fruitful world, ready to join the other planets and be part of the Confederation of Planets.
(not the real title, just sounds good to me)

A Ghost is clearly a formerly alive and breathing human being. The Spirit never, ever dies. Remember the last loved one you had who died, how that made you feel? They only went up about four feet, into the next, the 4th dimension. They watch you, and watch over you. Sometimes, if you are receptive, they can appear to you in full Apparition that can be touched and spoken to...I have seen this many times.
A friend who died in a car crash appeared to the wife and I, standing at the foot of our bed, he stood there, not in the suit they buried him in, smiling at us with his crooked, buck toothed grin for some minutes, then faded into little dots, then the dots dissipated.
I had a fascinating car ride with my Grandfather who died when I was seven. I really do not know how, or why I can do it, it just happens. As a small child I played war with the spirits of six Confederate soldiers who were really my first real friends. They still come around any time danger is near, and have saved my life on two occasions, once when a car on the lift almost fell on me, another time when I smashed a '62 Pontiac straight into an oak tree at 90 miles an hour. I simply cannot say that all of this is delusions, it really happened. Two guys I worked with told me they saw hands and arms come out of thin air and snatch me into the wall, inches from at 2 ton car fell, when it bounced, the hands pushed it off in the direction away from me. Every member of my family has seen "the boys," and are not freaked out at them. Ghosts of former humans are quite real, when you pass over, they will all be there, right after all of the pets come out to greet you. The dimension of the dead is surreal in nature, whatever you think of becomes reality, instantly. You can be sitting at Grandma's kitchen table, tasting her wonderful home-made bread, and the next minute you can be with friends, or at a concert, a live performance by your favorites. I call this dimension the Nexus.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

So just to be clear and so that there is no confusion on my part are you concluding that God is a fire breathing Dragon? If this is the case then objectively speaking what other evidence do you present besides a correlation between two biblical Scriptures describing the attributes of God and a sea dwelling monster?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by WarminIndy

You introduced the title, calling the Holy Spirit a demon, then you followed on to talking about snakes and leviathan and then on to Reptilians. You have stated leviathan is Yaweh, implying that you believe the ancient Hebrews worshiped a giant sea beast.

If you read the post title, I did not really state anything. I simply asked a question. My own research shows Yahweh to be the Leviathan, the Dragon, and even Gnostic Christians say this. I have a little experience with these creatures, and they do think they own us, and they do act like royalty

Really, you don't say? Amaaazzing!

... Reptilians are as real as the nose on your face, whether you believe it or not. They created religions, and posed as Gods to Early Man. I know you probably think David Icke is crazy, but watch these videos of his interview with Credo Mutwa
Amazing confirmation that a reptilian extraterrestrial race has controlled the world for thousands of years. David Icke talks with the Zulu Shaman Credo Mutwa:
The Reptilian Agenda

Well, That is all I needed to hear..right there, you lost any credibilty with me. Reptillians? David Icke? Please! And of course you have to bring Credo Mutwa, a Zullu Shaman into the mix and as an authority on Christianity, The Holy Spirit and reptillians, no less! Wow!! And I thought maybe you were really looking for an intelligent discussion. My mistake.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

I assume when you say, "those people," you are speaking about me. right? I most certainly did read it, in fact, I went so deep into the world of Christianity that I discovered many secrets, secrets held by those who are never seen, the ultimate leaders of your religious institutions.

No, I was not talking about you. I was speaking about the people actually doing the unloving things claiming that it was an inspiration of The Holy Spirit when The Holy Spirit is of Love.

"God" is a job description.

And out of those definitions mine is closest to number 5:

5. Christian Science . the Supreme Being, understood as Life, Truth, LOVE, Mind, Soul, Spirit, Principle. EXPAND verb (used with object) god·ded, god·ding. ( lowercase )

Also, how can you call a God "Good, and Love, when this God does things like this:

No, God does not do things like that. People say and write down that God does things like that. Any verses claiming that God is causing wars or doing any unloving things, they are not inspired. Only the LOVING verses are inspired since God IS LOVE.

Look, some of you are all about the Jesus. Jesus did this, and that, and now he is our GOD, completely worthy worship, as long as you are on your knees, that is, of granting every prayer that you ask in "his" name.

Jesus said that he can perform miracles because he goes to The Father (God/Love). His works are from Love (God). You don't have to ask in his name, but you must ask from Love in order for it to be a Godly Prayer.

The Real meaning of Christ, and here we go down the rabbit hole, was many beings, alien/human hybrids, who were sent here, to correct mistakes of the "Gods." After the Deluge, the Gods felt sorry for us, and decided that our lovemaking wasn't disturbing him al all. Buddha was a Christ, as was Mithra, and many others, nearly every culture has legends of Christ teaching to them also.

Christ / Messiah means Redeemer / Savior. There are many Redeemers who came to teach about Love, I agree. There are even people today doing this... however, Jesus was not a metaphor, the writings suggest that he was an actual person.

Are you beginning to see the extraterrestrial influences here? You have raised a man to the status of a Deity,

No I haven't. I do not worship any man, I worship Love (God).

if one wants to take about sin, I would say that is a pretty big one.
Old Testament, Exodus, Chapter 20.
"You shall have no Gods before me."
Clearly he said "Gods" in the plural sense of the word. Indicating other Gods.

Love (God) holds no records of wrong doings. In fact, sin meant "Off the mark" in other words, sin did NOT mean "evil" it meant a mistake. The only mistakes you can make is forgetting your nature of Love (God).

As for the whole extra-terrestrial thing. There is a difference between aliens (flesh) and spirits (spirit). For some reason people are making them out to be the same thing.

What do you think about The Holy Spirit:

edit on 17-1-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by I Want To Believe

So just to be clear and so that there is no confusion on my part are you concluding that God is a fire breathing Dragon? If this is the case then objectively speaking what other evidence do you present besides a correlation between two biblical Scriptures describing the attributes of God and a sea dwelling monster?

No, I am not. I am calling Yahweh a dragon, or Draco alien, Yahweh, Nimrod, El...none of these were Gods, they only posed as such. The real God, for lack of a better, more descriptive word, is un-knowable, you cannot see it's representatives, and it does not get involved in the affairs of humankind. I like to call it "First Creatoress." Why the Feminine aspect? Men have nipples, so women were created first. All of humanity, whether they are ready to accept it or not, are part ET. Our human DNA has been altered some 18 times.

Scientists Find Extraterrestrial Genes In Human DNA

Humans and Aliens Might Share DNA Roots

Alien Hybrid Claim Supported by DNA Evidence

New Artificial DNA Points to Alien Life

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I do not worship any man, I worship Love (God).

I too worship the Force of Love, and also find it to be more real that the artificial Gods of biblical lore. I take the Christ as a messenger, and will never accept him as a God. He bled, and he died. 'Nuff said.
I like seeing God(ess) a lot like Alanis Morissette in the "Dogma" film.
Or Morgan Freedman as God in "Bruce Almighty."

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

You have been given your free will to believe what you see as truth.. and I have been given mine to have faith and believe in what I see as truth.

I am happy you see it that way, gabby. I am quite aware of the differences in our belief systems, I was beginning to think you were here to try and convert us all to your way of thinking. Truth is in the eye of the beholder, just as beauty is. One person's truth is another's lie, that is the way of human thought processes. I think our biggest difference is you have Solid Beliefs, and I have Ideas. Beliefs cannot be altered or changed, especially in a restrictive dogma, but Ideas can, and do change, all the time, constantly evolving to a higher level of existence. My "Heaven" is not your "Heaven," and instead of having just one book to guide me on my life path, I have thousands of books to choose from. My Soul is very old, and has accumulated a lot of information along the way, I am only trying to share what I have discovered with others of like mind.
I am not about flaming Christians, but we have free speech, so anyone can say what they want, as long as T&C are followed.

I am only attempting to unlock the secrets in the Christian religion and their book, before they take over the US government as it looks like they are attempting to do in some areas, and I have had a lot of success so far. I am even thinking of writing a book exposing the whole shebang for what it truly is. You will not be harmed by what you don't know, friend. Once known, there is no going back, ever.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

What I find striking is this, even though these Spirits are capitalized, they refer to persons. These persons are part of God, but not considered as part of the Godhead. Even at that, they may be seen as attributes, but as we see from the Book of Proverbs show the Spirit of Wisdom as a person, and a woman. This is undeniable and obvious.

Thank you, WarminIndy. That would be Sophia, Goddess of Wisdom.

Known as the Mother of All or simply as Wisdom, Sophia was born of Silence according to Gnostic creation myths.

She gave birth to both Male and Female who together created all the elements of our material world.

Female then gave birth to Jehovah in all his emanations. But she also gave birth to Ildabaoth who was known as the Son of Darkness.

When humans were created, Sophia loved them all dearly. Unfortunately, her affection for humans sparked jealousy in both Ildabaoth and Jehovah. Hoping to keep humans weak and powerless, the brothers forbade humans to eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge. Female then sent her spirit in the form of the serpent to teach the humans to disobey the envious gods.

Sophia so desperately loved humans that she decided she would live among them. To her dismay they mostly ignored her. She tried speaking to them. When they turned a deaf ear, she screamed from the tops of the highest walls. Still she was not heard.

In her anguish at being so neglected, she left humans with one last thought: You have denied and ignored me, so will I do when calamity strikes and you call for my help. Only those who earnestly search for me and love me will merit my love and assistance.
source

She is still today ignored by both book religions, and curiously, the name "Allah" is feminine form! I have most always thought of the Creator as a Women, the evidence is clear for one who can see it.
I also find it funny that the Church saw fit to make the Godhead an all male club, no women allowed. After that, women became slaves to me, and some still are. Near a million women were tortured and burned at the stake during the Burning Times. I think it is time to put the Goddess back into Her rightful place, as Queen of Heaven and Earth. The males have not done such a good job.

The Pretenders - Hymn to Her

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

was beginning to think you were here to try and convert us all to your way of thinking. Truth is in the eye of the beholder, just as beauty is.

Truth is truth, and it will reveal itself in time. because some may not believe in the truth does not mean the truth still stands firm.

As far as trying to convert people into your way of thinking ..I think auto wrench if you look closely at your posts you will see that you do the same which you accuse me of.

As for me converting anyone.. I doubt it would be me... it is the Holy Spirit alone that truly converts the hearts of those see the light. The same Holy Spirit that lived within Jesus, and His mother.. Queen of heaven and earth..as well as the same spirit that guided many souls into doing His will. The same Holy Spirit that guides the angels who did not rebel against the Trinity.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
(Sorry if somebody already mentioned this. I didn't read through all the replies.)

The "fruits of the spirit" mentioned in Galations 5:22-23 are: "love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." Jesus said you can judge a tree by its fruits. A demon that produces those fruits isn't much of a demon. A holy spirit that doesn't produce those fruits isn't very holy.

But I know exactly what the OP means. When I was going to church, Christianity didn't seem to yield those "fruits of the spirit" even though I had some weird experiences with a religious theme. I think the human mind can be very tricky.
edit on 17-1-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join