It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the "Holy Spirit" in Reality a Demon?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

"Beloved, believe not every spirit - Do not confide implicitly in everyone who professes to be under the influences of the Holy Spirit. Compare Matthew 24:4-5. The true and the false teachers of religion alike claimed to be under the influence of the Spirit of God, and it was of importance that all such pretensions should be examined. It was not to be admitted because anyone claimed to have been sent from God that therefore he was sent. Every such claim should be subjected to the proper proof before it was conceded. All pretensions to divine inspiration, or to being authorised teachers of religion, were to be examined by the proper tests, because there were many false and delusive teachers who set up such claims in the world." (NIV)

See, they all have this advice in their book, but I do not think they every really read the book. So, a Christian convert will go into the mesmerized daze I have seen many time, and invite the "Holy Spirit" to come into them. I do not believe this Spirit they call and allow themselves to be a host for to be Holy in any way whatsoever.

I do agree with the quote you used from the bible.. and it is apparent by some of the things we see around us and on video's that many who say they work within the Holy Spirit are in fact not..but there are some who in fact are.. and are deemed false by others who are not aware of the true Holy Spirit.

Padre Pio is an example of a person who did many things by the power of the Holy Spirit, but who was called a charlatan by a small few. Some of these souls confessed on their death beds ..and received his absolution for the falsities they perpetuated about him.

That being said..any one who says that Jesus is not the way and truth to everlasting life.. is NOT being lead by the true Holy Spirit.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

I, as a Christian and a Pentecostal believer, acknowledge the very serious charges made against those of our faith and recognize that you are justified, as autowrench and others, in what you say. Autowrench and I try our best to be civil and respectful toward each other and I know that through his experience it is hard for him to look beyond my faith and not see that whatever I say might be hidden agenda.

WarminIndy, a star for that post, I have to say you are the most open and educated Christian on this board, bar none. I learned a long time ago that to get respect, you give it, and to get love, you give and provide love. WarminIndy has provided me some valuable insight into my quest for the Hidden Hand behind the Church, and I know that WarminIndy, much like me, knows the Church has been infiltrated by a Dark and Sinister Force. Christians, for the most part identify this Force as "Satan," or "Lucifer." I personally think it goes a long way past those simple avatars, and my mission here is to fully expose this Hidden Hand, and show everyone what it is.
I already know basically what it is, but as yet cannot fully define it, nor can I provide convincing proof. This is where the Christians come in, the ones such as WarminIndy, real Christians who walk the Path of Love and Understanding, and teach the words left for us by the Christ. She has what is called insider information, and I believe she is looking for things within the Church, just as I am from the outside, and within secret circles, and other sources. The only way we can ever drive off, or destroy this Force, is if we all stand together. We cannot be divided by religious dogma, race, gender, or political or sexual beliefs and practices. WE must stop the killing, and infighting, and we must think of, and provide legal ways of population control on or own. We must tear down the Establishment and open it for inspection.

Love and Light, WarminIndy,
Auto

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

That being said..any one who says that Jesus is not the way and truth to everlasting life.. is NOT being lead by the true Holy Spirit.

And, many who say they follow Jesus, and that he is the only truth, are not being led by the "true" Holy Spirit.

And, a little off topic, when and where did the word spirit descend to ghost? I remember hearing about the "Holy Ghost" actually, a lot more often then the title holy "spirit."

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
I have not read autowrench's opening post, but his thread title says enough - he has committed the unpardonable sin, it seems. Such an idea should not even be entertained. I'm outta here...don't bother to reply...I'm not reading any more of this thread.

That is fine, no worries. Are you instructed not to seek a deeper understanding of your belief system? Is inner knowledge blocked from your sight? Just asking. The reason I asked was about a week ago I was in the local library, and a nice looking older woman was there in the same row as me, looking for a book to read. I spoke to her, and heard she was looking for something, so I picked up a book I had read and found some wisdom in. "How about this one?" I asked, holding the book up. "Is it Christian?" she said, "I cannot read anything not Christian." This kind of thing disturbs me. If you do now want to know things, then why are you here, in this forum?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Do the research, YHWH, El, Enki, Enil, Marduk, and Jehovah are all separate Beings. You simply cannot bunch all of the Ancient Ones into one neat little package and call it "God." This is not logical.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Now what are you trying to imply by making this topic? I really hope you are just asking the question and are not suggesting the Holy Spirit (the person of the Godhead) is an unclean spirit, to do so would be blasphemy.

I am not "implying" anything, simply searching for truth and understanding. Did you read what I said HERE? I do not just take something on blind faith, RG, I am a curious sort, with a multi-dimensional mind. That means I have a way of looking into everything. Taking a thing at face value is something I would never do.

This post was to define, and hear what others thought this "Infusion
of the Holy Spirit" is exactly. See, the ministers I have spoken to cannot define it, they will always tell me it is from "God," whatever or whoever that may be, and they also tell me it is male, and that there is no Feminine Divinity in their Godhead. I do not agree with this doctrine, it was adopted by the Church during the Middle Ages, and the subjugation and harming of Women in the manner of the Church give them all bloodstained hands, gained during a frenzy of bloodlust and death in the name of "God."

So, what is your take on who and what the Holy Spirit is? I would not have posted if I was not looking for evidence.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Care to give me your take, your evidence of who and what the "Holy Spirit" is? The whole point of writing this thread was to see what the members thought on this. ALL of them, not just the Christians, not just anyone. I see no evidence of "Jesus" at all in history, save a a small insertion into Flavius Josephus' "Antiquities of the Jews."
Philo of Alexandria never mentioned Jesus at all. I find this to be very curious.

Shadowy Mr Big behind worldwide criminal organisation. Known variously as 'Jesus', 'Christ', 'Lord', and 'Saviour'. Persistent rumours of a brief appearance in Palestine though unknown in official records. Cult members convince themselves JC is alive today. Intelligence suggests never actually existed.

Godman – Gestation of a Superhero

Now Christ is another thing altogether. One day everyone will have a full understanding of what "Christ" really stands for. Christ is no now, now was ever a "God," the NT does not say he was a God, Constantine's Canon decided that, and melded the two different ideas together onto one, a common thing within early religious writers.

(John 10:34) “Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?”

I believe the man was almost stoned for that statement, but it is true, isn't it? We are all in training to be Creators. We should be looking at that very carefully, for time grows short. The Event is almost upon us, when we will all be in the Spirit World. A place where everything you think become reality instantly. How long do you think you would last in such an environment?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

And, a little off topic, when and where did the word spirit descend to ghost? I remember hearing about the "Holy Ghost" actually, a lot more often then the title holy "spirit."

A very pertinent question, and not off topic at all, at least to me. I have the ability, some would say the curse of seeing the dead. These are what I know as "Ghosts." I have spoken to some of them, and discovered many things about the World of the dead, the 4th dimension of time and space. Is a Ghost a Spirit? Well, yes it is, I suppose. See, these are questions that have been on my mind for a long time. Perhaps I went too far into the rabbit hole. No, I do not believe that which is called "Holy," meaning of Divine origin, is not a Ghost at all. I believe it is a Spirit that can only work on Terra if it is using a human being as a host.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

That's my mission too and I wish I had just an ounce of your effort in helping expose certain things.

Very good thread as always autowrench and definitely easy to identify with thanks to my sudden understanding a few weeks ago that perhaps the God people worship is actually Satan who has corrupted the church and its beliefs to give us the fractional and territorial version of religion we see today.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

And, many who say they follow Jesus, and that he is the only truth, are not being led by the "true" Holy Spirit. And, a little off topic, when and where did the word spirit descend to ghost? I remember hearing about the "Holy Ghost" actually, a lot more often then the title holy "spirit."

I also agree that there are those who say they follow Jesus , who are not in fact being lead by the Holy Spirit..but you must also remember that there are those who do know the Holy Spirit..but because of sinful nature and the human aspect they sometimes fail. If they confess their imperfections and are willing to try to walk again with the mercy of Jesus.. His mercy and love is there for them. To expect one who has the true Holy Spirit to never fail and stumble would not be the Christian way.

As far as the Holy Ghost versus Holy spirit .. this article may be of help. I have also read other articles related to this question.. but did not save them..

www.adishakti.org...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

There is no difference except Ghost is of German origin and Spirit is of Latin origin...

It's sort of like saying Work (German) or Labor (Latin)

These people who believe that they are doing evil in the name of The Holy Spirit, obviously never heard Jesus talk about love. Love your enemy and do NOT resist evil.

God is LOVE and LOVE holds no records of wrong doings...

People are "scared" of what God may think of them but The Bible says that there is no fear in perfect love...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
Padre Pio is an example of a person who did many things .....

Is this

The founder of Milan's Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, friar, physician and psychologist Agostino Gemelli, concluded Padre Pio was "an ignorant and self-mutilating psychopath who exploited people's credulity."[18] In short, he was accused of infractions against all three of his monastic vows: poverty, chastity and obedience.[19] Agostino Gemelli also speculated that Padre Pio kept his wounds open with carbolic acid. As a result of the Gemelli assessment, the wounds were wrapped in cloth. Despite this, the bleeding continued for some 50 years until they closed within hours of his death.[19]

the padre pio you are so enchanted with?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

There is no difference except Ghost is of German origin and Spirit is of Latin origin...
It's sort of like saying Work (German) or Labor (Latin)

Yes but, "ghost" carries the connotation of someone who is, in fact, dead. Whereas "spirit" could be just about anything, ie: the spirit of (insert anything here). Spirit can carry a more collective definition. A ghost is a disembodied soul.

As I was raised by a "Christian" mother, I was taught that ghosts are evil entities or demons, because "It is appointed for a man to die once, and then the judgement." so, there is no such thing as ghosts. Except of course for the "Holy Ghost." Is that some kind of justification of the resurrection of Jesus? Is what these people are referring to as the "Holy Ghost," in their minds, the ghost of Jesus, the living God?

These people who believe that they are doing evil in the name of The Holy Spirit, obviously never heard Jesus talk about love. Love your enemy and do NOT resist evil.

My mother, and my sister, did not believe that they were committing evil. They truly believed that it was in my best interest to destroy my ability to earn a living and any of my relationships, outside of them and the church, and anything that they did to bring this about was within the loving grace of their lord and savior. They prayed for my misery and demise because they loved me. This is a very complicated justification, if your brainwashed. But really, it's a very ego driven reality of "I'm right and you're wrong."

God is LOVE and LOVE holds no records of wrong doings...

People are "scared" of what God may think of them but The Bible says that there is no fear in perfect love...

Please define "perfect" love, because I have yet to meet anyone, Christian or not, with this qualification. If there are Christians out there that have the "Holy Spirit" that you speak of, living in their heart, I have yet to meet one, online, or otherwise.
edit on 16-1-2012 by windword because: ocd

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Please define "perfect" love, because I have yet to meet anyone, Christian or not, with this qualification. If there are Christians out there that have the "Holy Spirit" that you speak of, living in their heart, I have yet to meet one, online, or otherwise.

How sad.. I see Christians on here that are full of the Holy Spirit in my opinion..though they may not be perfect all of the time.. but you can tell by the way they write that they are spirit filled.

Maybe once you seek the Holy Spirit..and receive it.. you will see it more clearly in others?

Just taking a guess..

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I see glimpses, in some Christians and in those who are just here, and don't spout off about their inspiration as being divine.

There is beauty in the human soul that can account for Beethoven, Mozart, Einstein, Socrates, Da Vince, Pythagoras, et al. Christians don't have a monopoly on divine inspiration. Ergo, all that is divine doesn't come from the Holy Spirit, or does it? Even if one isn't Christian, I assert that one can have divine inspiration, and therefore, be possessed by the so called "Holy Spirit" or the "Holy Ghost" of humanity.
edit on 16-1-2012 by windword because: ocd

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

How dare you sit in front of your keyboard, and act all high and mighty! You are not the one.

I have seen your previous posts referring to nature as gods servant.....shame.

Are Jesus and padre pio the only names you know??

Go ahead and continue to walk on and abuse the great mother of the woods, and in the end, you will get what you deserve.

Have you ever heard of your own.......saint hubert. HA.....I thought not, continue to abuse nature....the saints see your actions.
You will receive your just, in the end.

I, along with the peaceful benevolent creatures of the forest shall smile.

(don't believe you are able to hide behind your bible....the god, and goddess see all)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Padre Pio is an example of a person who did many things .....

Is this

The founder of Milan's Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, friar, physician and psychologist Agostino Gemelli, concluded Padre Pio was "an ignorant and self-mutilating psychopath who exploited people's credulity."[18] In short, he was accused of infractions against all three of his monastic vows: poverty, chastity and obedience.[19] Agostino Gemelli also speculated that Padre Pio kept his wounds open with carbolic acid. As a result of the Gemelli assessment, the wounds were wrapped in cloth. Despite this, the bleeding continued for some 50 years until they closed within hours of his death.[19]

the padre pio you are so enchanted with?

Yes.. That would be him..and he suffered persecution from within the church no doubt.. just as Christ suffered persecution from within the hierarchy of the church.

BUT..very important to know that they were many more who were for him than against him.. and considering you got that bit out of wikipedia..it is only fair to add the following paragraph.

On 29 July 1960, an Italian monsignore, Carlo Maccari, later to become the archbishop of Ancona, began yet another investigation on behalf of Pope John XXIII and the Holy Office. The 200-page report he compiled, though never published in full, is said to be devastatingly critical. Vatican gossip long had it that the “Maccari dossier” was an insuperable obstacle to Padre Pio’s sainthood. According to official Capuchin literature, however, Maccari later recanted and prayed to Padre Pio on his deathbed

He continues to this day to be a strong intercessor for our prayers, and I personally have had experiences where I know he has helped me.

I have a great devotion to Padre Pio..and I strongly believe that he is helping me to understand the mercy and love of Christ in a deeper way.(even if it is in small baby steps)

I feel sad for those who do not see how tirelessly he worked for Christ..and how much he suffered with Christ...for the salvation of souls.

Blessed are those who believe and receive the graces of Christ through it.

edit on 16-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

How dare you sit in front of your keyboard, and act all high and mighty! You are not the one.

Go ahead and continue to walk on and abuse the great mother of the woods, and in the end, you will get what you deserve.

Have you ever heard of your own.......saint hubert. HA.....I thought not, continue to abuse nature....the saints see your actions.

(don't believe you are able to hide behind your bible....the god, and goddess see all)

I have no fear, and do not need to hide behind the bible..

I hold it firmly up high.. for the Almighty to see.. along with the cross of His Son.. placed tenderly in my heart.

God bless you vogon..His mercy and love is for all of us.

hmm.. no.. The blessed Virgin Mary is next to the heart of Jesus in my heart.. then of course there is St Joseph.. the wonderful foster father of Jesus..and lets not forget St Michael the archangel along with St Gabriel..and St Raphael.. and ..

*sighs*..so many wonderful saints.. and Holy angels ..would you actually like a list of more.. because I would be very happy to oblige you.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I have no fear, and do not need to hide behind the bible..

I hold it firmly up high.. for the Almighty to see.. along with the cross of His Son.. placed tenderly in my heart.

God bless you vogon..His mercy and love is for all of us.

Why can you NOT answer the ONE question I asked. Its only ONE question!

Again.....

(better look it up quick, I am NOT one of you sheep)

Demon, angle, saint, nymph......all the same, you are just blind.
edit on 16-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Again..... Are Jesus and padre pio the only names you know??

read the above post..and I added a few more.. but I could give you a list of a thousand names.. if you actually want them..

let me know..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join