It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the "Holy Spirit" in Reality a Demon?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by gabby2011

Yes these are the end times autowrench, but you are being deceived as to what will happen and by who..and I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Did your book tell you that? Or was it your preacher? Friend, you do not know me, you do know know who, or what I am, where I came from, and even if I told you you would not be able to fully understand what I said. I feel sorry for you. I sincerely hope that you wake up, before it is too late.

Well..lets agree to pray sincerely for each other...that the living God in whatever form or forms He is TRULY in ...will draw each of us closer to the truth and have an understanding of His divinity.

Considering we both sincerely want the other to wake up to reality and understanding.. lets both send up prayers on behalf of each other and trust that the true living God will answer those prayers.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

What kind of a statement is that, friend? Who are you to judge me? My relationship with the Divine is my own business, not yours, nor is it your place to define. So it is wrong to ask questions now? Who teaches that? I can tell you, Cult Leaders teach that. "Listen to me, not them, they are of the Devil"

I am here to force people like you to question your Blind Faith, and ask questions about your religion, and the origins of, and the origins and sources of your book. What happens to me after I leave this planet is none of your concern, your concern is asking your self these questions, and seeking the answers, for your time is short. No one is coming to save you, that is your job.

and what kind of statement is that autowrench?? You admonish others for judging you.. yet you feel totally ok with judging the faith of others..to the point of blaspheming their Holy Spirit, all under the pretense that it is your job to force people to question their faith..

Who made you judge and juror of their faith ?.. mind your own business..and deal with your own soul..instead of blaspheming their God ..their Holy Spirit.

How dare you expect from others what you can't provide them yourself.

You have absolutely no right in telling Christians they are full of it...without fully expecting them to tell you you are under the influence of the antiChrist spirit.

Deal with your own soul, and be a preacher to those who want to listen to you... but don't ever ever dare try and tell Christians that their Holy Spirit is a demon, because you may well incur the wrath of the God...and will have no one to blame but yourself.
edit on 27-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Deal with your own soul, and be a preacher to those who want to listen to you... but don't ever ever dare try and tell Christians that their Holy Spirit is a demon, because you may well incur the wrath of the God...and will have no one to blame but yourself.

Sigh....I can see just by that comment that you did not even read through the post, just took the title and ran with it. Go back, and read that part where a full definition of the word "demon" is. Look at the origin of the word. Your Inner Self, your Holy Spirit, your Holy Guardian Angel, all have the same root word, you guess it, demon! I did call a name like you people do, demon this, satan that, no...I showed you the word origin. And friend, I hate to tell you, but I have seen devout Christians get possessed by this Holy Spirit you hold so dearly, and I have seen what they do. I suppose those Christian preachers in Africa who are calling little kids Witches and pouring acid down their throats are possessed by it too? Go back, and read the thread again, gabby, and not just tit title. I could have titled it anything at all, but I wanted to get the attention of folks like you. And I can guarantee you that I am in possession of a lot more knowledge that you are. But I will ask the Goddess to forgive you, and all Christians for the vile names you have called Her, and the way your church has reviled Her. Perhaps She will, but then again, She has been known to punish.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

There are many Christians who DO NOT do the will of God, and indeed are under the influence of evil spirits..

BUT..to blame the Holy trinity and call the Holy Spirit a demon is going beyond the shortcomings of Humans.

Like I said before autowrench..worry about your own soul.. because I fear your pride will blind you to the truth and mercy of God when the time comes for His great warning, and sign for conversion.

How dare you think you have the divine knowledge of God, but can't even acknowledge that you need the grace and mercy of God...and refuse to see the authenticity of what Jesus did for souls.

You have the right to believe what you want autowrench.. but if you think you can admonish members because they are concerned about your salvation.. then you need to back off trying to teach people your lies...and blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

There are many Christians who DO NOT do the will of God, and indeed are under the influence of evil spirits..

BUT..to blame the Holy trinity and call the Holy Spirit a demon is going beyond the shortcomings of Humans.

Like I said before autowrench..worry about your own soul.. because I fear your pride will blind you to the truth and mercy of God when the time comes for His great warning, and sign for conversion.

How dare you think you have the divine knowledge of God, but can't even acknowledge that you need the grace and mercy of God...and refuse to see the authenticity of what Jesus did for souls.

You have the right to believe what you want autowrench.. but if you think you can admonish members because they are concerned about your salvation.. then you need to back off trying to teach people your lies...and blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

I would be curious what you mean by "His great warning, and sign for conversion." Is this something that happens after death?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

...and she had so much information on how they use mind control..and how they split people up in their heads so they can control them easier.
This is just another type of mind control, telling people stories about conspiracies and mind control and a lot of other scary things to put you in a condition of fear that causes your higher mental functions to cease and to have your lower animal brain take over for self survival.
There are probably twenty different radio shows you could listen to on the internet today talking about those things. You need to stop and trust God for a day and not think about imagined immediate life and death situations, to where you can do some clear thinking. You can't do that while listening to the salespersons' offerings of doom and gloom. Christianity is designed by God to make us not dwell on those things because we don't care if we live or die as long as we know we will see Jesus later.

edit on 27-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

...and she had so much information on how they use mind control..and how they split people up in their heads so they can control them easier.
This is just another type of mind control, telling people stories about conspiracies and mind control and a lot of other scary things to put you in a condition of fear that causes your higher mental functions to cease and to have your lower animal brain take over for self survival.
There are probably twenty different radio shows you could listen to on the internet today talking about those things. You need to stop and trust God for a day and not think about imagined immediate life and death situations, to where you can do some clear thinking. You can't do that while listening to the salespersons' offerings of doom and gloom. Christianity is designed by God to make us not dwell on those things because we don't care if we live or die as long as we know we will see Jesus later.

There are documented cases of Mind control...and court cases that have been fought and won in Canada.

The information to back this up is out there.. so don't EVER EVER try and tell me its BS and another form of mind control.

God knows its real too.. and God tells a few visionaries about the atrocities happening in this world.. so please.. let God guide me to truth.. and keep your denial of truth to yourself.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by honestyblaze

The Bible does not at any point portray a 'Triune', or 'Trinity'. God is unique & distinctly separate from Jesus. He is his Father, He cannot be his own Son. Nor can Jesus be his own Father. A little common sense goes a long way... The Holy Spirit is God's 'reason' for doing ANYTHING. It is not a separate entity.
The Bible does portray the Trinity, it just doesn't use that word. You know what other word it doesn't use? Incarnation, but the Word of God became incarnate in Christ, correct? The Father is God, The Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God, and God is one. The Son and Spirit proceed from the Father, who is the Godhead. Christ is the Word and Wisdom of God, which means he is tied to the Father in essence, but is sent forth. In Hebrew thought, the Word of God, though subordinate was also autonomous, "So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." You also mistake the Holy Spirit for the energies of God, this is Pnuematomachianism. Spirit is a living thing. The Holy Spirit also proceeds from the Father, subordinate in position, but acts specifically as the comforter and the Life permeating the Church. Remember that "the Holy Spirit descended in the form of a dove". In conclusion, The Father is the source of Word and Spirit, His Word and Spirit are also God, but they are distinct persons. The Sun in order to be the Sun is form, light, and heat. Without light, it is a heater; without heat, it is a lightbulb; without form, it is nothing. Most importantly, unitarianism is wrong because God is love. Love cannot exist in a singularity, but among persons. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are a consubstantial hypostasis; the existence of Love. The Son and Spirit are subordinate in roles, but not in position or essence, because to do that is to divide God. What separates God from an idol? He acts (Logos;word) and He has breath; Spirit.

P.S. If you are using a Bible with the 27 Book NT Canon, then you are using the Canon prescribed by St. Athanasius in his Festal Letter (this is the first instance when they are all authoritatively listed as scripture).

Peace to you in XC

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Yes, and it certainly appears that you are one of these. You are continuously attacking me for no good reason. I asked a simple question with this thread, and you are not only accusing me of things I did not do, you are judging me also. Who gives you the authority to do these things?

Please be so kind as to quote me where I said/did this as you say I did?

I told you I was prepared some time ago. I do not see why you are so worried about my soul, better be concerned with your own. I post not for pride, but under orders from a source you would not know.

I could say the same about you, claiming to know the mind of God. You seem to think you know a lot more than you do, gabby. This is called pride and ego. I would lose those things were I you. You have never, even though asked, named your God Avatar. I know the God's names pretty well, and I suspect yours is not one I would be interested in knowing. And I need not your brand of salvation, I have seen it, heard it, and been there. No thank you.
It takes a mental illness to believe that a righteous person of the Judaism, Islamic, Buddhist, Hindu, Atheist, Wiccan, etc faith/belief will go to "Hell" just because they do not share some NARROW-MINDED, and HATEFUL views as you seem to follow and believe.

Since this thread has descended into personal insults, I respectfully ask the ATS Staff to place close it.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

.. so don't EVER EVER try and tell me its BS and another form of mind control.

Now I see how the other posters get annoyed by you.
I never said it was (whatever word you used in profanity). I said listening to stories of it is toxic to your ability to think right. And while I'm at it, though it is real, just like I said it was real, the telling of it is done in such a way that it becomes fictional by throwing a lot of wild speculation.
For example, I was listening to a show two nights ago and the host was saying, "have guns and ammo and water and food stored". This is on the surface, a reasonable precaution but the way he said it conjures up visions of a road warrior scenario which is another boogeyman mind control tool, while all along he was warning of mind control from the illuminate or whoever.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kallisti36

. . . but the Word of God became incarnate in Christ, correct?

I disagree, but not to get into an argument so much as to put it in the record.
see my argument at www.abovetopsecret.com...
Which I posted a couple days ago.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The way this thread has gone, I must say once again, my point in THIS thread is surely been proven.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

The way this thread has gone, I must say once again, my point in THIS thread is surely been proven.

right autowrench.. your point has not been proven.

What has been proven is that you think you can knock others and their beliefs , and open their eyes to the REAL truth, when in reality you admonish others for trying to open your eyes.

The only thing you proved in this thread is your stubbornness and hypocrisy...and your serious self disillusionment...by even suggesting the Holy Spirit is a demon.

The Holy Spirit will prove what it is to everyone at some point, and it doesn't need your help.. trust me on that.

May we all have the wisdom to open our hearts and our eyes to what the Holy Spirit is trying to show us.

I know I fall short of Gods perfection, and I am a work in process, but I will hope and pray that I can be open to the most beautiful merciful loving Spirit of God..the Holy Spirit..and be given the wisdom to know what isn't of the Holy Spirit. I think God has shown me a few things already, despite my imperfections, and He will continue to teach me and show me His ways...as well as show me mercy when I ask for it.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

.. so don't EVER EVER try and tell me its BS and another form of mind control.

Now I see how the other posters get annoyed by you.
I never said it was (whatever word you used in profanity). I said listening to stories of it is toxic to your ability to think right. And while I'm at it, though it is real, just like I said it was real, the telling of it is done in such a way that it becomes fictional by throwing a lot of wild speculation.
For example, I was listening to a show two nights ago and the host was saying, "have guns and ammo and water and food stored". This is on the surface, a reasonable precaution but the way he said it conjures up visions of a road warrior scenario which is another boogeyman mind control tool, while all along he was warning of mind control from the illuminate or whoever.

ok..I understand more clearly now.. and I agree if you are saying we shouldn't dwell on the things in a negative and frightful way.

I also agree that it is best to let go of things happening in the world in prayer, and to remain calm, and have faith that God will guide you and protect you.

There is no benefit in getting all worked up over it, but much benefit in praying about it, and trusting in the Highest authority that something is being done, and much healing can occur for these things through His grace.

I apologize if I thought you meant that it was all made up stuff..when in actually you meant the focus on it is to hype people up and get them to focus on the wrong things which in of itself is another form of mind control.

There is much peace and wisdom in giving these things to God in prayer, and trusting that He can work miracles and help those who indeed ask for help from Him.

Once again my apologies for misunderstanding what you meant.
edit on 27-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

. . . my apologies for misunderstanding what you meant.

That's ok and I am not annoyed myself, plus I understand how my phraseology can go over people's heads.
I'm a long time veteran of talk radio and someone recently asked me why and it has to do with living where there was no electricity but transistor radios are a viable option. I even used to have car speakers with long cords where I could set them on the car roof to listen with the car parked in the middle of the compound.
From this you might get a picture of this armed camp in the wilderness and that would be about right so I know a lot about apocalyptic mentality and what a fantasy a lot of people have as how to deal with such an event.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

right autowrench.. your point has not been proven.

I say it has been proven, in this thread, by you alone. You are so brainwashed in your way of thinking you cannot see out of the little box of faith you have crawled into.

you think you can knock others and their beliefs , and open their eyes to the REAL truth, when in reality you admonish others for trying to open your eyes.

No, it is people like you trying with all of your might to convert all of us into your little blood cult, and putting down everyone else's beliefs and their way of thinking. You think your book, which is far from anything that could be called the actual "word of God" is the ultimate truth, when it contains things you have never even seen before. The New Testament, the Church, and Christianity, were all the creation of the Calpurnius Piso family, who were Roman aristocrats. I suggest you open your own eyes, and see beyond your little book. You just might learn something.

TRUE AUTHORSHIP OF THE NEW TESTAMENT

THE PISO FAMILY IN THE NEW TESTAMENT

Gods and Religions on Planet Earth

The Origins of Christianity

Jesus of Borg

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Those are all just books as well autowrench..

I have used prayer to reach out to the living God, and asked Him to show me who He was.. I was guided to the truth of Jesus once again, as well as guided to the messages of the Marian apparitions.

That was my answer.. and though I am far from perfect , and have much to learn about God's love and mercy, I will cling to the answer of my prayers, and have faith that God is directing me, despite my stumbling, and my failures.. He does love me, and wants to see me understand His truth , and give me the knowledge that He knows I need.

Please don't take it personally if I discern that He does not want me reading any of those books, but to spend much more time in prayer , asking for the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and praying for others...and learning more deeply about His love so that it can live through me here on earth.

There are so many spiritual books out there autowrench..and quite honestly I need to learn the Holy Bible much better..if I am going to read anything at all.

I am a Christian that has had many ups and downs in my walk of faith, and have totally lost my faith in Gods love more than a few times . Right now I need to hang onto the faith I do have, and not screw it up with books that my spirit tells me are not filled with truth.

We need to understand autowrench..that whatever each of us believes.. that truth will eventually reveal itself...if it is really the truth..correct? So if you are correct about what you say is truth.. I will know that at some point.. and I will say ..."well autowrench was right about this and that.",etc..though you may not be correct about everything, I would still acknowledge what you were correct about.

I think at this point..we just need to wish each other love,and hope that all of us will see truth for what it is at some point...because I really do not want to argue with you..and we both feel we are right in how we see things.. so nothing much will change that..except the truth being clearly shown to us in a way that we cannot deny it.

I wish us all the best in finding and understanding what truth is, and who God really is...and I will continue to pray that the truth is revealed to all of us in way that we can understand clearly who God is .

God bless you..

edit on 30-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I myself believe in the Goddess. she was worshipped for some 40,000 years before the Church, and she answers everyone of my prayers. She is the Mother of all Gods, it has been said, and She will rule in the next world. The male Gods of the Bible were no more than Annunaki and other ETs vying for power and influence, and seeking to control the people, which they did. Soon this World will end. We will ascend to the 5th Dimension, those who wish to go. I'm going, gabby, I will not be standing here on Earth waiting patiently for someone to come save me. Have fun in your Afterlife.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I myself believe in the Goddess. she was worshipped for some 40,000 years before the Church, and she answers everyone of my prayers. She is the Mother of all Gods, it has been said, and She will rule in the next world. The male Gods of the Bible were no more than Annunaki and other ETs vying for power and influence, and seeking to control the people, which they did. Soon this World will end. We will ascend to the 5th Dimension, those who wish to go. I'm going, gabby, I will not be standing here on Earth waiting patiently for someone to come save me. Have fun in your Afterlife.

Time will tell who is living in the joy of truth and love in the afterlife.

I wish you great love and enlightenment from the Holy Spirit, and I will lovingly keep you in my prayers autowrench.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

And you are too blinded by your hatred to see that your sources are garbage.

I've been fair so far because I know what psychological abuse you have suffered at the hands of so-called "Christians", but I won't let you spew more BS on ATS. It doesn't need anymore. There is not ONE serious scholar who supports the ridiculous Piso Family hypothesis. www.tektonics.org...
You could be intellectually honest in your critiques and say that Christ was not the son of God, did not perform miracles, nor rise from the dead. The vast majority of skeptical scholars believe that he was a real teacher who challenged Roman authority and was crucified and that an apocalyptic Jewish sect grew up around myths of the man. To say he did not exist, puts you at odds with nearly every scholar in the field, and to put forward the Piso hypothesis will get you laughed out of the room. There are plenty of intellectually honest critiques of Christianity. If you hate it so much, then use them. Or you could be fair and admit that all of your negative experiences come from one sect. Why don't you look toward the ancient forms of Christianity? Eastern Orthodox, Coptic Orthodox, Assyrian Church of the East, Indian Malankara Orthodox Church, the Syriac Orthodox, and the Ethiopian Tawahedo Church? I can tell by your writing that you haven't even considered them.

All of those supposed "pagan parallels" are total bunk and it takes 5 minutes of research to show that.

The last link from the LLF is a satire and a totally inaccurate one, because they assume Calvinist Evangelicals are orthodox Christians. They are not. The beliefs of Evangelical Christians are less than 200 years old. The satisfaction and penal substitution views of the attonement are only 1,000 and 400 years old.
edit on 30-1-2012 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2012 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join