It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the "Holy Spirit" in Reality a Demon?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Not "based on a true story" but is a true story.

I despise praying for you. You're smug now but if you bothered to invite God into your life you would be saved because He could show you personally that it's not just myth or fairy tales.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by vogon42

I despise praying for you. You're smug now but if you bothered to invite God into your life you would be saved because He could show you personally that it's not just myth or fairy tales.

True story....
OK, I'll bite

How many creatures (in total) were on the ark?
edit on 22-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42
reply to post by gabby2011

??????????????????
How does this even come close to answering the question I asked?

You seem to think that Martin Luther King Jr's religion was some sort of deciding factor on who he was.

I said I dont care what his religion was, he was an intelligent decent man.

then you throw your "padre pio" speech into it......

Where in your mind did those topics even combine??

Once AGAIN let me ask......
Why does it even matter what religion Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. followed?

Why?
Why does his choice of religion matter?

His choice of religion matters to his creator.

It offends the Lord grievously when souls do not give the respect and worship due, especially those who do not see Christ as the living Son of god, who 's ransom on the cross purchased salvation for us.

Martin Luther King Jr. could have made all the great speeches in the world and worked tirelessly for the freedom of people in bondage to slavery, but unless he showed souls the true freedom of bondage to sin in Christ Jesus.. his words will be very empty at the end of someones journey on this earth.

Padre Pio suffered incredible sorrow as well as physical pain as he united himself to the living Christ for the salvation of sins, and for the conversion of sinners. What that man did for Jesus, and the sacrifices he made for souls on this earth, as well as those in purgatory will someday be realized by many. I bring Padre Pio up because he did more for the freedom of souls than Martin Luther King Jr did, and I would be willing to bet my life that Martin Luther King Jr knows that as well and agrees.

I have asked Padre Pio as well as the Blessed Virgin Mary to intercede and pray with me to Our Lord Jesus Christ for you vogon, as well as for all souls on this site.

May we all open out hearts to the beautiful love and mercy of Jesus, and be truly grateful to our eternal Father in heaven for the great gifts He has given us through that mercy and love.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

So, if Dr Martin Luther King Jr was not christian, then you are saying his words....all he stood for, is crap??

Did you know that Jesus was Jewish? Does that mean that all he stood for is...........ah nevermind.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

His choice of religion matters to his creator.

It offends the Lord grievously when souls do not give the respect and worship due, especially those who do not see Christ as the living Son of god, who 's ransom on the cross purchased salvation for us.

Martin Luther King Jr. could have made all the great speeches in the world and worked tirelessly for the freedom of people in bondage to slavery, but unless he showed souls the true freedom of bondage to sin in Christ Jesus.. his words will be very empty at the end of someones journey on this earth.

Yikes, gabby.
The scariest part is that I am sure you honestly believe this.
Poor, misguided Ghandi, Dr King, Dalai Lama, .... NOT. *insert facepalm and sad sigh here*

I can no longer have faith that you are capable of -- or balanced enough to manage -- opening your eyes at all. And you're the one warning people of their coming "rude awakening". How very ironic, and sad. Best of blessings, gabby; open your heart and accept the gift of discerning thought that your creator endowed you with.

edit on 22-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I can no longer have faith that you are capable of -- or balanced enough to manage -- opening your eyes at all. And you're the one warning people of their coming "rude awakening". How very ironic, and sad. Best of blessings, gabby; open your heart and accept the gift of discerning thought that your creator endowed you with.

It doesn't matter what kind of faith you have in me wildtimes.. or how "unbalanced" you may think I am.

I have opened my heart to my creator, and accepted the gift of discerning what is from God and what isn't.

None of the men you mentioned will be in paradise without the saving grace of Jesus.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for my names sake..(words of Jesus)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

So, if Dr Martin Luther King Jr was not christian, then you are saying his words....all he stood for, is crap??

Did you know that Jesus was Jewish? Does that mean that all he stood for is...........ah nevermind.

I am saying that unless you are glorifying God, and giving thanks to where it should be given ..in other words.. the first golden rule of loving God with your whole heart and mind, and having no other god before Him.. yes.. it is pretty much wasted words for the soul.. because at the end of it all.. they need Gods grace.. not Martin Luther Kings' words.

As far as Knowing Jesus was Jewish ..well duhhh.. who doesn't.. his mother was Jewish ,his foster father Jewish, and He was the New Covenant promised to Gods chosen...which would be extended to all gentiles.

Christianity is Jewish, the culmination of the promise foretold in the sacred books...anyone who is Christian becomes engrafted into the Jewish tree of life.
edit on 22-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

None of the men you mentioned will be in paradise without the saving grace of Jesus.

They had the grace. They have the grace. The same grace as Jesus.
You must have heard a pretty danged scary sermon this morning, gabby (or last night?).

Do you have any control over how closed-minded you allow yourself to be?

You are right, it doesn't matter one whit if I have faith in your ability to open your eyes or not...I still hold out hope that you will learn to embrace every type of grace and humility that leads men and women to the same eternal Divine peace that is our birthright. My goal is to offer nuggets of thoughts on which others can build, if they so choose, to find their own appropriate path. Without excluding anyone, without turning my back on anyone. I have a God-given responsibility to do so. If the nuggets fall on barren soil, well, I at least tried; I can only plant the seed. It is up to the soul -- the person -- who owns the heart/brain where it was planted to water, nurture, feed, and attend to it.

At least I have made myself clear to you in my effort to show you some teaching beyond your damning and exclusionary priests'. I'm curious....(not that I expect an answer)...do you tell your confessor that you have condemned and rejected the thoughts of others? That you think those 'men' are damned?
Have you asked your priest if that is the case?

Just wondering.

edit on 22-1-2012 by wildtimes because: spelling and clarity

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

At least I have made myself clear to you in my effort to show you some teaching beyond your damning and exclusionary priests'. I'm curious....(not that I expect an answer)...do you tell your confessor that you have condemned and rejected the thoughts of others? That you think those 'men' are damned? Have you asked your priest if that is the case? Just wondering.

Actually I have talked to a few priests about it..and they are aware of the false 'enlightenment" doctrines out there..and they tell me to stay vigilant in the truth to Jesus, and He will be the one who will reveal the truth when the time comes.

Like I said at least 10 times already wildtimes.. the truth will be revealed CLEARLY at some point, and every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord.. even the demons know this truth.

So..you carry on with your beliefs, and I will carry on with mine.. and I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Wow, you really do NOT have any idea what the golden rule is, do you?

That is so sad.

I know I have asked this in the past, but I have to ask it again.

HONESTLY if it is the issue I do NOT hold it against you, you seem to be fairly high functioning if such is the case....

Are you sure you are not mentally "special" in some way?
Do you live in a house with "assistants"....people who help you every day?

The number one golden rule is to love God with all your heart mind and soul, and that would be the Holy Trinity.
Number two is love your neighbor as yourself..which I try and do , by reaching out to you with the truth of the immense love and mercy Jesus has for all of us.

Is this how you follow the golden rule vogon? Making cheap potshots at someones sanity in a cruel way?

I find it odd that wildtimes attacks me for saying anything about you, but never once has she admonished you for speaking and addressing me the way you have in many posts such as the above.

May Jesus have mercy on us all, especially those in most need of His mercy.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

The number one golden rule is to love God with all your heart mind and soul, and that would be the Holy Trinity.

No, gabby. That is the FIRST COMMANDMENT. The SECOND COMMANDMENT is to love your neighbor as yourself.
Okay, I'm going to try again.

THE GOLDEN RULE. en.wikipedia.org...

The Golden Rule or ethic of reciprocity is a maxim,[2] ethical code, or morality[3] that essentially states either of the following:

(Positive form): One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself.[2]
(Negative/prohibitive form, also called The Silver Rule): One should not treat others in ways that one would not like to be treated.
This concept describes a "reciprocal" or "two-way" relationship between one's self and others that involves both sides equally and in a mutual fashion.[4][5]

This concept can be studied from the perspective of psychology, philosophy, sociology, religion, etc.: Psychologically it involves a person empathizing with others. Philosophically it involves a person perceiving their neighbor as also "an I" or "self."[4][5] Sociologically, this principle is applicable between individuals, between groups, and between individuals and groups. (For example, a person living by this rule treats all people with consideration, not just members of his or her in-group.) Religion is an integral part of the history of this concept.[2][6]

As a concept, the Golden Rule has a history that long predates the term "Golden Rule" (or "Golden law", as it was called from the 1670s). As a concept of "the ethic of reciprocity," it has its roots in a wide range of world cultures, and is a standard way that different cultures use to resolve conflicts.It has a long history, and a great number of prominent religious figures and philosophers have restated its reciprocal, "two-way" nature in various ways (not limited to the above forms).

Statements that mirror the Golden Rule appear in Ancient Egypt in the story of The Eloquent Peasant. Rushworth Kidder discusses the early contributions of Confucius (551–479 B.C.) (See a version in Confucianism below). Kidder notes that this concept's framework appears prominently in many religions, including "Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Zoroastrianism, and the rest of the world's major religions". According to Greg M. Epstein, " 'do unto others' ... is a concept that essentially no religion misses entirely." Simon Blackburn also states that the Golden Rule can be "found in some form in almost every ethical tradition".

I find it odd that wildtimes attacks me for saying anything about you, but never once has she admonished you for speaking and addressing me the way you have in many posts such as the above.

vogon is reciprocating the treatment that you give him. I have asked you to refrain from attacking me and others. If you don't refrain, then you can expect to defend yourself. I'm not holding anyone's hand here.

If you dish it out to others, gabby, you are expected to take it. I'm not the classroom teacher. I have seen plenty of people admonish you....not just me. Yet you keep up the same-o-same-o. Resorting to attacking, accusing, and refusing to address the real issues. It's really pretty lame.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

reply to post by vogon42

True story....
OK, I'll bite

How many creatures (in total) were on the ark?
edit on 22-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

We don't know. Ask God and He may tell you.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

We don't know. ......

Thats what I thought.

Thanks for your opinion.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

In response to your claims that the God of Christians is really a dragon.. I thought you might want to read what the book of revelations had to say about the red dragon, and who it represents, and how that dragon fought against the woman who was clothed with the son and gave birth to a child .

This book of revelation is very clear on who the dragon is, and read very carefully verse 17 the second last verse.

There can be no mistake as to who the dragon is, and he is definitely not the God of Christians , but the God of the antichrist.

Revelation, chapter 12

The Woman and the Dragon.

1* A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman* clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.

2 She was with child and wailed aloud in pain as she labored to give birth.*

3 Then another sign appeared in the sky; it was a huge red dragon,* with seven heads and ten horns, and on its heads were seven diadems.

4 Its tail swept away a third of the stars in the sky and hurled them down to the earth. Then the dragon stood before the woman about to give birth, to devour her child when she gave birth.

5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, destined to rule all the nations with an iron rod.* Her child was caught up to God and his throne.

6 The woman herself fled into the desert where she had a place prepared by God, that there she might be taken care of for twelve hundred and sixty days.*

7 Then war broke out in heaven; Michael and his angels battled against the dragon. The dragon and its angels fought back,

8 but they did not prevail and there was no longer any place for them in heaven.

9 The huge dragon, the ancient serpent,* who is called the Devil and Satan, who deceived the whole world, was thrown down to earth, and its angels were thrown down with it.e

10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have salvation and power come, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Anointed. For the accuser* of our brothers is cast out, who accuses them before our God day and night.

11 They conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; love for life did not deter them from death.

12 Therefore, rejoice, you heavens, and you who dwell in them. But woe to you, earth and sea, for the Devil has come down to you in great fury, for he knows he has but a short time.”

13 When the dragon saw that it had been thrown down to the earth, it pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child.f

14 But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle,* so that she could fly to her place in the desert, where, far from the serpent, she was taken care of for a year, two years, and a half-year.g

15 The serpent,* however, spewed a torrent of water out of his mouth after the woman to sweep her away with the current.

16 But the earth helped the woman and opened its mouth and swallowed the flood that the dragon spewed out of its mouth.

17 Then the dragon became angry with the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring, those who keep God’s commandments and bear witness to Jesus.*

18 It took its position* on the sand of the sea.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

vogon is reciprocating the treatment that you give him.
I have asked you to refrain from attacking me and others.
If you don't refrain, then you can expect to defend yourself. I'm not holding anyone's hand here. If you dish it out to others, gabby, you are expected to take it. I'm not the classroom teacher.
I have seen plenty of people admonish you....not just me. Yet you keep up the same-o-same-o. Resorting to attacking, accusing, and refusing to address the real issues. It's really pretty lame.

Thats fine wildtimes, you can twist it around all you want, Jesus is the final judge ,and the most righteous one..so I lay it at His alter.

If you think it is ok to call me mentally unbalanced and in need of help, because I choose to believe in the words of Jesus, and His redemption...then I will be blessed by Him for my faithfulness, and you will deal with His judgement...which I hope will be His mercy instead once you see the error of your ways.

I will continue to pray for your repentance ,and the opening your heart to Jesus and His truth.

God bless you wildtimes, and may His love and mercy be accepted by all souls.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

If you think it is ok to call me mentally unbalanced and in need of help, because I choose to believe in the words of Jesus, and His redemption...then I will be blessed by Him for my faithfulness, and you will deal with His judgement...which I hope will be His mercy instead once you see the error of your ways.

There you've done it again:
condemning me and twisting my words, while you refuse to read anything that might open your eyes to the world around you.
You as much as accused me of being a satanist and a Luciferian!

That is spiritually criminal, gabby. Anyone in this day and age who has access to the internet, and is literate, has a responsibility to investigate the roots of their worldview in order to improve their understanding of what they see going on around them.

You have implied that fabulous leaders like Ghandi, Dr King, the Dalai Lama....in fact anyone who isn't a Roman Catholic....are going to hell. Do you not see what is wrong with that picture? How unbalanced that worldview is?

Have you looked back at all of the questions you have been asked, and the information offered to you? Have you opened your whole heart to someone else's version of the destiny of the soul?

You are berating and condemning people who have done extraordinary, incredible things for the betterment of mankind. You think that is okay?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

You have implied that fabulous leaders like Ghandi, Dr King, the Dalai Lama....in fact anyone who isn't a Roman Catholic....are going to hell. Do you not see what is wrong with that picture? How unbalanced that worldview is?

That is pure falsehood.. what I said is they would not enter heaven without acknowledging the redemption of Jesus, ..No one will enter heaven without doing that ..it is impossible... Now how they do that, or when is a mystery between God and those who die.

I do not know what these souls were thinking and feeling at the moment of death, so I would NEVER say anyone has gone to hell...but I can say that there is no chance of them going to heaven unless they go through the redemption of Jesus Christ...which God may make known to them in His own mysterious ways.

Did I say they were going to hell..no..they could very well be in purgatory fully realizing where they went wrong, or they could have been released from purgatory through prayers and be in heaven at this moment, praising Jesus and praying for all of us IN HIS NAME.

You as much as accused me of being a satanist and a Luciferian!

More twisting.. I have said you are being deceived by Satan if you think there are many paths that lead to heaven. I also made you aware that the ancient Egyptian and Babylonian religions are at the root of the Luciferian cults.. I have not said you were Luciferian, just that you have tried to teach me things that are very much part of their teachings.. and then admonish me for not being 'open minded"

I will make a new post and quote everything you have tried to teach me in a few threads.. then I will ask you again if you follow the teachings of Christ.

edit on 23-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
gabby said:

That is pure falsehood.. what I said is they would not enter heaven without acknowledging the redemption of Jesus, ..No one will enter heaven without doing that ..it is impossible... Now how they do that, or when is a mystery between God and those who die.

I do not know what these souls were thinking and feeling at the moment of death, so I would NEVER say anyone has gone to hell...but I can say that there is no chance of them going to heaven unless they go through the redemption of Jesus Christ..

And you are so positively sure of this no chance, of this impossibility.... how?
Because you are listening to religious authorities and rules?

Jesus said, ... Look inside your own heart. Your answers are all there....

All that matters is that you find the Divine that's hidden under all the rules and dogma.

And that's exactly what Jesus was urging people to do.

Then every religion is a path home to the Divine.

edit on 23-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Jesus said, ... Look inside your own heart. Your answers are all there.... All that matters is that you find the Divine that's hidden under all the rules and dogma. And that's exactly what Jesus was urging people to do. Then every religion is a path home to the Divine.

Could you please show me what Gospel and chapter and verse this is from?

I am so sad for you right at this moment wildtimes.. the teachings you follow that you say are from Christ do not coincide with the words from the new testament.

Then you wonder why I do not wish to read the links you provide..
.. Jesus warns so many times of those that will twist His teachings..

So I will assume that your answer to the words of Jesus saying no one will got to the Father but through Him.. are words you do not believe.

I don't want to be rude wildtimes..but you do not follow the teachings of Christ.. you are into a New Age type of religious belief, that has corrupted the true words of Christ.

And you are so positively sure of this no chance, of this impossibility.... how? Because you are listening to religious authorities and rules?

I'm positive because Jesus says so in the bible..

"NO ONE WILL GO TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME"

Who are you listening to wildtimes ?.. by whose authority are you so sure you are correct?
edit on 23-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join