It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the "Holy Spirit" in Reality a Demon?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I know this post will be controvertible. Please keep a civil tongue.

"Holy Spirit" is a term introduced in English translations of the Hebrew Bible. For the majority of Christians, the belief in the Holy Trinity implies the existence of three distinct Holy Persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit being One Eternal Triple faced God. Notice there is no Feminine aspect here in the all male club called the Trinity. This in itself has always made me suspicious.

There has been a long history of belief in demonic possession. They should be investigated and understood, so that informed Christians can determine what the truth is regarding these confusing beliefs, and where they came from in the first place.

There is nowhere in the Bible that says explicitly that a Christian can have a demon. But it does talk about believers having demons. If you are a believer, you are a Christian. How do you know if the one you invited into you is the Holy Spirit or a Demon? I’ve heard it said that when you ask for the Holy Spirit it’s always going to be the Holy Spirit. But there is no real test for this. I have also been told that God would never send a Demon, but there is no knowing who God is either.

My biggest problem is that Christians have the Holy Spirit sealed within them, guiding, advising, and empowering them. And only the Holy Spirit can make it possible for us to understand the things of God (1 Cor. 2:14).

And it seems that only by taking the Holy Spirit into your body can you "understand" the Bible. You cannot just read it, you have to have it explained to you by this Holy Spirit. The question arises, is this a Possession? I know I have read and researched it, but am often ridiculed and chastened for posting the information I have found within this research on the Bible.

Whether or not a Christian can be possessed is a matter of opinion, and not always an informed opinion. There will always be people that say they can, and people that say they can’t. Of course a lot of people will make up their minds on this subject without even doing any research on their own. There is also the matter of what a person would consider the word “possession” to mean. To most people it simply means that one has no control over themselves, can not choose for themselves to do what is right, and they no longer have their God given free will. I never understood this concept, if the Holy Spirit is guiding one, how it that practising Free Will?

There is Biblical scripture concerning the Holy Spirit, and that it dwells within you. This is found in 1 Corinthians Chapter 6:19 and 6:20. These verses explain that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you which you received from God.

After experiencing things such as the following videos, I have come to believe that at least some Devout Christians actually worship Serpents.

Now I was told that these people are "Infused with the Holy Spirit of God, Yahweh."
I came across this in my research a few years ago, most Christians refuse to believe it, but the Bible itself backs it up.

Yahweh is the Leviathan. The word "leviathan" seems to be a general term for any large sea animal.

Genesis 1:21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind.
Job 3:8 says, "May those who curse days curse that day, those who are ready to rouse leviathan" (NIV). The KJV has "their mourning" but the marginal note says, "Or, Leviathan."

In the Bible the Leviathan is mentioned in Job 41, Psalm 74:14, Psalm 104:26 and Isaiah 27:1. The word 'leviathan' in Hebrew means approximately "that which gathers itself into folds" or "that which is drawn out". There is much confusion about the translocation of the word in its Biblical context, however, and theologians have to differ about its meaning, though the general idea is that it refers to some huge animal, almost certainly linked with water, as the reference in Job 41 would suggest. In Job 41:1-2 the word might well refer to a crocodile, but in Job 41:15-17, the description is minute the creature appears to be scaled (these represent perhaps his pride) so closely that no air may pass between the scales, which is not true of the crocodile. Remember, the Ancient Egyptians worshipped crocodiles.

Here is a description of the Leviathan:

Job 41:20 "Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.21 His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth." (Fire Breathing Dragon)

And here is description of Yahweh, the ‘God’ of the Bible:

Psalm 18:8, 2 Samuel 22:9 "There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it." (Fire Breathing Dragon)

They certainly appear to be one and the same.

Psalm 104:26 says, "There go the ships: there is leviathan, whom thou hast made to play therein" (KJV). One thing for sure is that leviathan is not a Dinosaur. In the Hebrew it is clearly a general term for a large sea creature. It may live in the ocean or river. It may be a living animal or a composite mythical creature. The context will usually determine the meaning.

Job 3:8 may be referring to the Constellation Draco. In ancient times the sky was seen as a mirror image of the earth below. So the leviathan in the sea or nether world had a counter part in the sky, Draco who would swallow the Sun or Moon when there is an eclipse. The Draconians are the force behind the repression of human populations everywhere in this galaxy instilling fear-based belief systems and restrictive hierarchies.

THE REPTILIAN-HUMAN CONNECTION

The Reptilian Brain

Many ancient people all over the world have described Reptilian/Lizard/Dragon like beings, and some have described Reptilian humanoids. (Hybrids?) Common in numerous mythologies are tales of Reptilian creatures (usually not humanoid) who are hostile to human beings. The Mayan God Gucumatz was described as a "serpent of wisdom" who enlightened humankind, as was his Aztec counterpart Quetzalcoatl. The Hopi refer to a race of reptilians called the Sheti, or "Snake-Brothers", who live underground. The Cherokee and other Native American peoples also refer to reptilian races. Cecrops, the legendary first King of Athens was said to have been half man, half snake.

As intelligent humans, we cannot just dismiss all of the evidence that these beings exist, and live in the vast underground tunnel system build by both them, and human beings in later times. The actual word "dragon" comes from the Greek language much later than this time so any mundane interpretation of creatures by this name before the Greeks must be by descriptions and attributes and not by name. They were generally considered "monsters" even if they had divine attributes.

History of Dragons from around the world

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
As I stated in the above post, I sincerely ask out Christian members, with much respect, to please refrain from personal insults, name calling, or off topic replies. This is but a further adventure deep into Biblical Lore, and Dogmatic Belief Systems practices by the modern Church. I invite intelligent responses, and debate on this controversial subject matter.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
im 100% positive that the holy spirit is you and me.

now i will read your thread.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Discerning Spirits

“Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.” (1John 4:1)

Some have the gift to discern between good and evil spirits. Others have to test the spirit to see if it is good or bad. It is my understanding that a good spirit will acknowledge the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus as well as proclaim his Lordship.

My answer to your thread title would be no, the Holy Spirit is not a demon.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

paraphrasing...

"those who blaspheme against the lord - will be forgiven ; those who blaspheme agains the son - will be forgiven; those who blaspheme against the holy spirit - will not be forgiven"..

jesus says something along those lines too if im correct.

for me that indiciates that the holy spirit can only be one thing.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Acetradamus

May I respectfully ask you to define what the Holy Spirit is? Do you even know? And how could anyone really know what it is? I grew up in a Church of God Church, devout and fundamental as can be, and I have seen with my own eyes what happens when a person is possessed by this "Holy Spirit." I have seen then thrashing on the floor, speaking gibberish they call "speaking in tongues," and shaking much like the Shakers of Early America.

What do you think here?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Speaking in tongues means speaking and being heard in a person's native tongue. Speaking some made up gibberish is not speaking in tongues. Charismatic Christianity is strange voodoo to me.
edit on 15-1-2012 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

Speaking in tongues means speaking and being heard in a person's native tongue. Speaking some made up gibberish is not speaking in tongues. Charismatic Christianity is strange voodoo to me.
edit on 15-1-2012 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

Yep. Paul said if someone starts speaking "in tongues" but there's no one that can understand them, they should just keep quiet.

What people (pentecostals) believe is speaking in tongues is just gibberish, maybe demonic too. The messages that people hear are in their language and spoken by someone who does not know that language at all.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Careful OP, blasphmey of and slandering the Holy Spirit is the one sin that Jesus will not forgive. I wouldn't cross that line if i were you. The Sanhedrin accused Jesus of being possessed by an unclean spirit and damned themselves for it.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
YHWH is leviathan?
No, I don't think so and you see in Genesis One where there is a struggle with the ocean and the leviathan represents that dark force that The Lord would overcome.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
"...The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.” (Galatians 5:22)

You can test any spirit to see if it is the holy spirit. If it is not of love and peace then it is not the holy spirit...

Some people claim to be possessed by the holy spirit and yet they speak about hell and condemn everyone. This is not the holy spirit if it is putting fear in people's hearts and condemning people to hell because the fruit of the spirit is love, peace, and kindness...

A demon is an evil supernatural being. The Holy Spirit is of love, peace, and joy, so unless you are saying that those things are evil, the holy spirit can NOT be a demon.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Actually, I don't think most people can know.
Even according to the NT the devil can disguise himself as an angel of light (which meant that during the Catholic and Protestant burning times, some of the most sinless people were the first targets, and were considered very suspicious).
Those purists who proposed the burning of the material "vanities" were themselves eventually burnt.
If there was doubt, the judgement sided with burning, which was considered a cleansing option.
When Tyndale first tried to translate the Bible the religious court found him innocent, but they "mercifully" decided to burn him anyway, because a good burning was good for the soul.
Just in case.
That was the ultimate exorcism.

I think perhaps Leviathan or Moloch were statues, somehow connected to the ancient reptilians, and they were literally fed with human victims (the pot-bellied Santa-like Moloch was fed with the children of the Canaanites until his fiery belly turned red).

Otherwise it's actually very unsure nowadays.
Most Christians disagree on minor points, but these become quite big points.

For me the Christians who stood for humanity during the Nazi era, or even the liberation theologists are correct, and the rest of the circus is false.
Those who stand for the weakest are the strongest, and those who make a show of fasting and religion will be turned away.
That is hardly always straight-forward, but it should give the sincere individual some idea.

PS: Some sources claim William Tyndale was strangled and then burnt, while others claim he was burnt at the stake. The irony is that he got loads of trouble for challenging the Catholic Church with reformation ideas, but his death was instigated by the Anglican Church (he opposed the divorce and re-marriage of Henry VIII), and the biggest influence on the KVJ Bible died as a heretic!

edit on 15-1-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Careful OP, blasphmey of and slandering the Holy Spirit is the one sin that Jesus will not forgive. I wouldn't cross that line if i were you. The Sanhedrin accused Jesus of being possessed by an unclean spirit and damned themselves for it.

Do you mean THIS Jesus, or, do you mean THESE men? Here is a video on the find of the bones and remains of your Jesus.
Discovery Channel Video
Perhaps you may like to know the true origin of your New Testament?

The True Authorship of the New Testament

WHO WROTE THE NEW TESTAMENT?

'THE PISO FAMILY IN THE NEW TESTAMENT'

Some more links, for educational purposes. This is all the product of actually researching the Bible and it's origins, something I have never seen a Christian do. Why is this? Fear of knowing?

Tiberius Iulius Abdes Pantera

The Kingdom of Heaven...UNCOVERED!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

EL was the God of Ancient Israel, and research show this.
The divine name “El” appears only about 235 times or so in the Tanakh, while “Yahweh” appears over 6,800 times. Clearly, the term “Yahweh” achieved supremacy in the biblical tradition, but when and how this happened is a topic for long and involved discussion, which I am attempting to have here, in this thread. Most historians of ancient Israelite religion accept the idea that Yahweh and El were originally different Gods; and enemies of each other, but over time, one or more groups of Yahweh-worshipers blended with one or more groups of El-worshipers to become “Israel,” and within this group, El and Yahweh gradually came to be recognized as the same deity. A not-too-oblique recognition of something like this can be seen in Genesis 14, where Abraham interacts with Melchizedek, a priest of El Elyon, and Abraham verbally equates Yahweh with El Elyon.

The figures of metaphor chosen by St. John show that he knew the traditionary characteristics (largely derived from India) of these reptilian ogres, and counted on the public's familiarity with them. No doubt he had often heard or read dozens of legends about them--such tales, for example, as the following one recounted in the long story about Job by Thal'labi, who died in 1035 A.D. It is a part of the Book of the Stories of the Poets, from which it was quoted into the American Journal of Semitic Languages (vol. 13, p. 145). God is haranguing the fretful job: "Where wast thou in the day when I formed the dragon? His food is in the sea and his dwelling in the air; his eyes flash fire; his ears are like the bow of the clouds, there pours forth from them flame as though he were a whirling wind-column of dust; his belly burns and his breath flames forth in hot coals like unto rocks; it is as though the clash of his teeth were sounds of thunder and the glance of his eye were the flashing of lightning; armies pass him while he is lying; nothing terrifies him; in him there is no joint . . . he destroys all that by which he passes." The rendering by the English word 'dragon' in the authorized version of the Bible of both the two similar words tan and thanin is explained by Canon Tristram in his authentic Natural History of the Bible. "Tan," he announces, "is always used in the plural for some creature inhabiting desert places, frequently coupled with the ostrich and wild beasts." The Prophets and Psalmist abound in such references, and hear their cries from the most desolate haunts they are able to picture to their minds. "I will make a wailing like the dragons, and mourning as the ostriches," exclaims Micah, remembering nocturnal voices that had echoed in the desert from ghostly ruins and perilous wastes--voices of real animals such as jackals, whose mournful howlings disturb the nervous and superstitious, or owls, always troublesome to timorous souls. The writer of the article 'Dragon' in the Jewish Cyclopedia informs us that in the Septuagint version the word signifies a dangerous monster whose bite is poisonous. This accords with the Hindoo definition of a naga, which designates a venomous snake alone, a cobra. Such monsters must be imagined, says this Hebrew commentator, as of composite but snake-like form, and always as at home in water, even in the waves of the sea (Psalms 48: 7), where they were created by God with the fishes. "In the beginning of things YHWH overpowered them in creating the world. It is clear that this story, which is found only in fragments in the 0. T., was originally a myth representing God's victory over the seas."

THE 'OLD SERPENT' AND HIS PROGENY

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
As I stated in the above post, I sincerely ask out Christian members, with much respect, to please refrain from personal insults, name calling, or off topic replies. This is but a further adventure deep into Biblical Lore, and Dogmatic Belief Systems practices by the modern Church. I invite intelligent responses, and debate on this controversial subject matter.

autowrench, I will respond with respect. Beyond the dogmatic beliefs which define a particular church one belongs to, we should address the fundamental teachings of Christianity.

You introduced the title, calling the Holy Spirit a demon, then you followed on to talking about snakes and leviathan and then on to Reptilians. You have stated leviathan is Yaweh, implying that you believe the ancient Hebrews worshiped a giant sea beast. The Hebrews say that Yaweh, also called by the Elohim, or triune God, created leviathan, and no where in ancient Hebrew tradition is there any reference to worship of Leviathan.

Isaiah 27 1In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and He shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

It seems strange that Adonai, which is the approved way of naming God for the Hebrews who do not say Yaweh, would kill Himself and yet Yaweh continue to live. Now the part about the snake handlers, I think you present that a little disrespectful. Like I shared with you earlier, my great-grandmother was a snake handler and yet she had quite a bit of faith. I think it is unfair of you to ask for respect for your points of view, but still present snake handlers in such a manner. Be as tolerant of them as you ask us to be of your faith.

I don't understand how you went from demons to Reptilians and hybrid humans. My brother, the Wiccan practitioner, says that by your reference of Biblical passages prove that you allow the Bible to dictate your religious beliefs. Therefore, Christianity has influenced your religious beliefs. Therefore, Jesus is still in control of your religious beliefs. Why would a person change their religious orientation because of a passage from Tom Sawyer that they didn't agree with? The point is, Christianity is fiction if you dare say that you are Wiccan. And why would you throw any weight on it, for it to have any influence. By your acknowledgment of it, then it must be real....conundrum.

My brother who just told me to say that, never uses or references the Bible in order to explain his belief. Because to him, it is fiction, like Tom Sawyer.

But I am a Christian, and ask this, who are you trying to prove to that my Bible is true or false? The simple fact you give credence to any verse in the Bible, means you believe in it.

My brother is here right now watching the football game and I explained your post because he would understand your religion more than I would.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You can test any spirit to see if it is the holy spirit. If it is not of love and peace then it is not the holy spirit...

You might want to rethink that. Go read Acts Ch.5 about Ananias and Sapphira. The Holy Spirit is God and he is and always has been a jealous and wrathful God.

He also fought many of the Israelites battles for them and killed their enemies too. Maybe you should go read the old testament and see just who youre really talking about.

edit on 15-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

You introduced the title, calling the Holy Spirit a demon, then you followed on to talking about snakes and leviathan and then on to Reptilians. You have stated leviathan is Yaweh, implying that you believe the ancient Hebrews worshiped a giant sea beast.

If you read the post title, I did not really state anything. I simply asked a question. My own research shows Yahweh to be the Leviathan, the Dragon, and even Gnostic Christians say this. I have a little experience with these creatures, and they do think they own us, and they do act like royalty. As for the Serpent worship, like in the videos, this is quite real, and goes on even today. I have seen, with my own eyes, men, and woman take up these poisonous Copperheads and Mountain Rattlers with a mesmerised look in their eyes...the evil in there is so powerful it almost takes one over. Attend one of the services, if you doubt for a second. Reptilians are as real as the nose on your face, whether you believe it or not. They created religions, and posed as Gods to Early Man. I know you probably think David Icke is crazy, but watch these videos of his interview with Credo Mutwa
Amazing confirmation that a reptilian extraterrestrial race has controlled the world for thousands of years. David Icke talks with the Zulu Shaman Credo Mutwa:
The Reptilian Agenda

That being said, how about my original question? Can you define what the Holy spirit is, and can you assure us all that it is not a Demon in disguise?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

My brother who just told me to say that, never uses or references the Bible in order to explain his belief. Because to him, it is fiction, like Tom Sawyer.

Has your brother made the Bible his personal research project for any length of time? I have, and I must admit sometime wish I hadn't.
The bible is not "fiction," and it is not "truth" either. It is both, and it is a vast collection of many cultures and beliefs rolled into a convenient, although confusing book that most do not take the time to read and research out. I did it because of boredom. With a broken back and neck, I was on my back for two years time. I decided I needed a little religion in my life, and began to research all of them, starting with the one I was most familiar with, Christianity. It began with a Grail search, from there to a bloodline search, and from there to the origins of the religion, and the truth, or lack thereof, of it. I was also confronted with several beings who claimed to be God, and demanded my worship. Like I said, a long strange road it has been, but I am here still. My truth may not be yours, but we can discuss things respectfully, WarminIndy, as we have in the past.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Israelite religion accept the idea that Yahweh and El were originally different Gods; and enemies of each other, but over time, one or more groups of Yahweh-worshipers blended with one or more groups of El-worshipers to become “Israel,” and within this group, El and Yahweh gradually came to be recognized as the same deity.
The fact that EL is in the name, Israel should be a good indication that they originally believed in El, before they believed in YHWH, and also Exodus says that El was first. YHWH would be an introduction from the Midianites who were trading partners to the south, in Midia which is in north-west Arabia, and compares with the priest, Jethro who Moses was related to by marriage.
To the north, there was Baal-zephon who served as another model for YHWH to adapt into. Baal fought against Yammu, the sea-god in whose realm Leviathan belongs.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Is the moon made of cheese?

Is an orange an apple?

These the equivalent to asking is the Holy Spirit a Demon.

Your sir are doing the same thing the Pharisees did to Jesus as they accused him Of Being Demon.

I believe an evil spirit is working through you to make such hateful posts on ATS.

Blasphemy is a very serious thing.

If you had actually READ the Bible you would know the Holy Spirit is not a demon.

I recommend you read Matt. chapter 12
edit on 15-1-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join