It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Intereceptor In its Silo At FT Greely. Could it knock down a NK Missile?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The limited balistic missile shield is still being put in place at Ft. Greenly Alaska. When activated, the shield could provide a limited defence against NK. In light of recent events, (It may or may not have been a nuclear weapon) this system is more and more important each day.

The Missile Defense Agency installed the second Ground-based interceptor in an underground silo at Fort Greely this past week, according to the September 10 edition of Aerospace Daily and Defense Report. The first interceptor was �emplaced� on July 22, and the third is expected to be installed �probably within the next 10 days or so,� according to an MDA spokesman. �
www.missilethreat.com...

[edit on 13-9-2004 by FredT]

[edit on 13-9-2004 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The missile shield is the single most important project ever for the united states and it's allies. It might not be full proof but I'd rather have a slim chance than no chance.It's not just north korea it could be any country,Iran is moving forward in it's plan for a nuclear bomb and I watched a show tonight on CNN how they say there is a chance that terrorists in pakistan could take control of one or more of it's nuclear missiles from help of Symphatizers.We should not underestimate we should anticipate!

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
For the record, the subject line of FredT 's post has a typo- the post is Ft. Greely, and is not far from the HAARP site. I was in Delta Junction last summer, and much federal money is being spent there on the missiles/silos.

join