It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The State" South Carolina Republican Primary webpage Candidate Schedule doesn't even list Ron Pa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
"The State" is the primary statewide newspaper in South Carolina and that is the reason why I went to it to look up local Ron Paul events before the primary vote next Saturday. But, for some odd reason
, Ron Paul is not even listed. See here, look under candidate schedule by candidate about midway down the page. Now, I know Ron Paul is scheduled to appear somewhere in SC this week.

Notice, the front page story Will S.C. go rogue? Could the voters pick someone who doesn’t go on to win the nomination? . That propaganda story asks the following question:

And if those voters bolt, do the S.C. primary and the state’s Republican party lose their national clout?

Think the two are related??? I do and it stinks to high heaven.
edit on 15/1/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Wow. I just found this too and it burns me UP!

In the pluses and minuses portion of the candidate profile, nothing about his voting record, his consistency throughout the years, or the face that the military overwhelmingly supports his foreign policy, or his experience but a lot about his going nowhere and the nutty uncle label. Also, note the use of the term "prophet" in a state that has a lot of evangelicals (Southern Baptists). Could they be using this to evoke the "false prophet" meme or am I just being paranoid?

This makes me damned mad.

Pluses

1 Passionate supporters. Paul has some of the most devoted supporters of any candidate in the race.

2 Paul can claim to be a prophet, having long warned of the dangers of financial collapse and overreaching in foreign affairs.

3 His personal story. Paul’s military service sells well in S.C., which respects the military and has an affinity for veterans. (Paul was a U.S. Air Force flight surgeon in the 1960s.) He’s also a doctor, who has delivered more than 4,000 babies. Who doesn’t trust a doctor?

Minuses

1 Many of Paul’s ideas are way outside the mainstream, including eliminating the Federal Reserve and closing all U.S. military bases in foreign countries.

2 While his libertarian supporters are devoted, the rest of the GOP barely tolerates Paul, viewing him — at times — like the nutty uncle in the attic. Still, the GOP is afraid that Paul could launch a third-party campaign, guaranteeing President Obama’s re-election, so it grits its teeth and endures Paul.

3 While Paul finished second in New Hampshire, he can’t seem to break through in South Carolina, consistently polling between 10 percent and 12 percent. He’s going nowhere politically, but enjoying the trip.

Nice, huh?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

According to Ron Paul's campaign page...he has no events scheduled this week. I find it odd too...I'm sure he will...but not sure why he doesn't have them on his calendar.
www.ronpaul2012.com...

Politico also has no events scheduled for him this week.
www.politico.com...

And there are also articles stating he has taken a "break" and has gone back home to Texas.

firstread.msnbc.msn.com...

Where's Ron Paul? The candidate and his 'relaxed' schedule

Where's Ron Paul today? Not in South Carolina — where most of his competitors for the GOP presidential nomination are vying for votes in next Saturday's primary — but at home in Texas.

The 76-year-old Texas congressman is taking off another stretch of time to cool his jets back home during a critical period before South Carolina's Jan. 21 primary after similar breaks before the Iowa caucuses and the New Hampshire primary.

edit on 15-1-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I saw a thread on ATS (can't find it now) that talked about him appearing in Myrtle Beach today and I've heard of some on the radio. It is very odd if he doesn't have any events planned.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

According to Ron Paul's campaign page...he has no events scheduled this week. I find it odd too...I'm sure he will...but not sure why he doesn't have them on his calendar.

I found this, and it's today:

www.ronpaul2012.com...

COLUMBIA, SC – 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul will receive a consequential endorsement related to the South Carolina primary at a special event in Myrtle Beach.

The event will take place on Sunday, January 15th at 6:00 p.m. at the Palisades Conference Center.

Event details are as follows. Time is Eastern.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

6:00 p.m.
Palisades Conference Center*
10000 Beach Club Drive
Myrtle Beach, SC 29572-5304

[*Next to Hilton Myrtle Beach Conference Center and Resort]

Doors open to the public at 5:20 p.m. Media set up any time after 4:00 p.m.

Free parking is located in the garage across the street.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I saw a thread on ATS (can't find it now) that talked about him appearing in Myrtle Beach today and I've heard of some on the radio. It is very odd if he doesn't have any events planned.

I think this is the thread you are looking for...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
And I found this on his website too. But, the question remains.... why aren't these on the SC primary website alongside the other candidates' events???????

South Carolina Debate Sponsored by Fox News and SCRP
iCal Import

Start:
January 16, 2012 8:00 pm
End:
January 16, 2012 10:00 pm

Venue:
TV - Fox News
Address:
Myrtle Beach, SC, United States

Congressman Ron Paul will attend the Fox News and South Carolina Republican Party Debate at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center on Monday, January 16th at 8:00 p.m. Eastern.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
More importantly than this Paul guy. Where is Colbert's schedule????

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Just an update.

It appears The State endorsed John Huntsman yesterday, the same day as he announced he was quitting the race.

What a joke these people are!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
It appears Paul, Gingrich expected to attend Aiken GOP presidential candidates forum Tuesday . I got this not from The State (in South Carolina) but from The Augusta Chronicle in Georgia.

There still is no mention of Ron Paul's events on The State's Republican Primary website.

This is stinky, stinky, stinky.
edit on 16/1/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Well, rumor has it that DeMint is going to endorse Ron Paul.
Has anyone else picked up anything on this?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
Well, rumor has it that DeMint is going to endorse Ron Paul.
Has anyone else picked up anything on this?

I really wish he would. I do like Jim DeMint and he is well respected in SC.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
"The State" has a link where you can report "Dirty Tricks" in the 2012 Presidential Race. It is [email protected] I sent them this email:

Dirty Tricks - "The State" not listing any of Ron Paul events in the week leading up to the South Carolina Republican Primary. He's not even listed in the candidate pulldown on your SC Primary webpage under upcoming events by candidate. Perhaps you don't know about them? In that case I don't know why I even bother reading your newspaper. Could the reason be linked to the question put forth in your article entitled "Will S.C. go rogue? Could the voters pick someone who doesn’t go on to win the nomination?"

In case you've forgotten, that question being... "And if those voters bolt, do the S.C. primary and the state’s Republican party lose their national clout?"

Is this a reason to not vote your conscience? If so, then our country is in a lot more trouble than we know...

So much for impartial journalism and democracy!

If I haven't made my point clear enough, then just know that I have thought that "The State" was a reputable newspaper... until now. More of the same, I see.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
You can be sure Ron Paul will be at the Presidential Pro-Life Forum with Gingrich and the rest who support government intrusion onto our personal private lives!!

The president's and federal government's most important job is to keep women from controlling their own reproduction. VERY important topic for Paul! Go Personhood!

PersonHood USA!

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum, Congressman Ron Paul, and Texas Governor Rick Perry are scheduled to participate in the Presidential Prolife Forum at the Hilton Hotel in Greenville, South Carolina this Wednesday, January 18th.

Big government, PLEASE tell me what to do inside my body! Ron Paul, we need your help! When I think Personhood, I think Ron Paul. I can't wait to hear how his new government is going to tell me what to do with my body!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Did you notice this?

Former Governor Mitt Romney did not respond to invitations to participate in the Presidential Prolife Forum.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Yes I did see that. I don't get the relevance, I'm afraid though. I didn't mention Romney (although the link in the OP does neglect to list activities for Romney, just as they did for Paul). Perhaps this is nothing more than Romney and Paul haven't given this paper their schedule?

edit on 1/16/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join