It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Die Offs? Nothing to see here...move along...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
As was pointed out earlier CCD has now been solved, it's flies who lay eggs in the bees. Now that they have solved the mystery they will be able to control it.

And as far as a few dozen species going extinct, it's ok.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Millions of species have yet to be discovered, so we are stil gaining.

It fits with the teachings of Darwin quite well.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

As an Englishman, to me, Darwin knew what he was able to in the Age he was born into.

Thats obvious.

It goes without saying.

In fact, we could even go as so far as to say it in regard of ourselves, and what we have at hand!

But the on-going objectification of Darwin in Our society and world, it's like saying Nicolas Brummel would be rolling in his grave if he saw the state of graffiti-marked trains in some inner-city location!

Darwin played his part, and he's gone.

Extinctions happen.

Even of ideas.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I am of the firm belief that mother earth has an innate ability of taking care of herself.

If things get too crazy, a disease will come around, mass natural disaster will cleanse certain areas. Either way, life on this planet has never been a guarantee. There is a definite ebb and flow.

Yes, some scientists say we are solely to blame for current conditions. But then again, you have scientists also saying that life on this planet has gone to extinction level and back possibly half a dozen times.

Humans have almost been decimated before, and this was long before we could even dream of polluting or over fishing.

Who knows what the future has in store for us.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy
I encourage everyone to give this a good watch!

Video is boring ----- AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS THREAD!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
As was pointed out earlier CCD has now been solved, it's flies who lay eggs in the bees. Now that they have solved the mystery they will be able to control it.

And as far as a few dozen species going extinct, it's ok.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Millions of species have yet to be discovered, so we are stil gaining.

It fits with the teachings of Darwin quite well.

Of course, everything you stated above is correct, and verifiable - however, it's only a matter of time (and, I think the final post from the OP strongly indicates) before HUMANs are one of the extinct species.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
that's a pretty big jump to imply humanity is the cause of a hole in the magnetosphere. While a weakened magnetosphere may or may not be the cause of mass animal deaths, to somehow place humans as the cause...thats ludicrous. The magnetosphere is caused by the interaction of the earths magnetic field and the solar wind. The earths magnetic field, is generated from the spinning core of the planet, basically a gigantic electro-magnet effect. Unless your stating that humanity's pollution is somehow effecting the planets core, its not relevant.
The ozone layer? Greenhouse effect? These are believable, but the magnetosphere? No.
It is indicative of a possible pole reversal, which hasn't happened in about 800,000 years, so we are about due for one. You may not be a scientist as you said, but that shouldn't stop you from doing research on the very thing your hypothesis is based on.

interesting to read nonetheless. Several of those I have not heard of before.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Just-another-event-to-add
More than 50 New Zealand fur seals have washed up dead on South Australia's Eyre Peninsula

"[We have found] no immediate signs of injury from the seals we've looked at so far."
www.abc.net.au...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
When I was a kid, back in the 70's Victoria, Australia, Cicadas, which hatch every 7 years in Summer, used to be everywhere. I used to go out in the mornings and see their empty shells as they climbed out of the ground, crawl up a verticle peice of grass or tree and escaped from their shell and then turned from a Bug into a beautiful, jeweled, winged creature that were around 2 inches long and around half an inch wide.
Well, they seem to have disappeared. I have not seen or heard one of these big Cicada's now for years. I remember walking to the train station to go to school and the noise from these creatures was deafening.

There is a much smaller kind of cicada that I see. They're about 1\4 of the size of the ones and nowhere near as colorful.
I blame pesticides and chemicals for their demise in the area I grew up in.

Is anyone here from Vic, Australia who live in the Dandenongs that still see these Cicada's?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hello Fellow Friends.

I realize that it might be difficult to reply to each and every one of you considering the unexpected feedback. But for the moment, there are certain points that I wish to mention and that I feel are important.

But first I want to thank everyone of you for taking this thread seriously. The replies are sincere, some are pro, some are con and ALL of them are respectful and constructive. So a Big Thank YOU !

Second, there are many members telling their stories about different insects, worms and birds that have either disappeared from their area, dropped dead in front of them or washed up in their area. Thank you for sharing. We shouldn't turn a blind eye when we think that events like those happening are anything but normal.

And I encourage you to talk about those events to others. Some people are shy and some people will be afraid to appear "stupid" for mentioning sudden die-offs. But they might open up because you did. This thread is an example. I shared what I thought, you massively answered !

Bravo !!

Finally, there are a few of you that mention that I took a huge leap connecting the weakening magnetosphere to human activity. And you are absolutely right !

But the question remains. What weakens it? While it is true that I don't understand most of the dynamics of the core/magnetosphere symbiosis, what I do understand is that we have been playing with fire for a very very long time. We did damage the ozone, we did damage the air we breathe, we did damage the water we drink and the food we eat. It's no one else's fault but ours. We did detonate thousands of nukes all over the place, including detonation in lower and upper atmosphere, we did send tons over tons of chemicals in that same area, we do litter the bottom of the ocean with corporation waste, we do laugh at global warming while the climate changes to extremes.

We have altered so much on this planet. To think that a combination of those actions could not be a factor for magnetosphere weakening could be where the leap is. But I might be wrong and do not claim this as fact. In the OP I mention that we contributed to punch holes in it, not that we punched holes in it. We contributed. Yes, I might be wrong. Doesn't matter if I am, as the result is the same and we can all agree on that.
The magnetosphere is weakening. And along with other man made contributions to the earth's illness, the picture ahead is not looking that awesome.

I will be an old man soon and there is more time behind me than ahead. So while I look into this I think of our children, our grand children and their children I am saddened by this legacy being transferred on their shoulders. But that's just me.

Back to reading replies and those many links supplied.

Thank you, once again, to every one that participated (and still are) in this discussion !!!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

The magnetosphere is not a part of the atmosphere though. Ozone layer holes and the magnetosphere 'holes' are not connected at all besides the fact that magnetosphere keeps the solar wind from blowing chunks of our atmosphere out into space. To say that pollution, nukes, or global warming effects are weakening the magnetosphere, which is generated by the dynamics of the Earth's core, is ludicrous

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If any of you missed that youtube video that someone has here on ATS, it is a must see.
I think the title of the thread has "Japanese" "30,000" or wasps or hornets in it. It was from a documentary on the Discovery channel.
...I have seen some cool amazing animal life video before, but this one is simply amazing.

It shows 30 Japanese wasps attacking and killing 30,000 European honey bees. I think it took them 3hrs to wipe out the entire colony.....I wonder how many "Honey bee die offs" were caused by these guys?

Now I don't think the video goes on to explain that the honey bees have now come up with a defense, (talk about quick learners) but the only thing they can do is group hug one of these invaders and crank up the heat until it dies.

If you haven't seen this video , I swear you won't come back here and tell me it wasn't worth the effort or time.

"Amazing footage of 30 giant Japanese hornets slaughtering 30000 ." that is the title of the thread.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Res Ipsa because: found the title

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
First off, great post and I'm on your side in this. You've proved to me there is a reason for concern because it is not limited to one species, in fact it affects more than it doesn't. WHY hasn't there been a huge human population die off. I mean like at least 10 people that died together somewhere? Perhaps it has something to do with something we lost? It seems many of these animals/insects have a migration tool built in....we don't. there has got to be an obvious connection we just are overlooking.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
Good thread. I think that it is a combination of things, from leaks/fluctuation of the magnetosphere, ozone depletion, the magnetic pole is moving 35 miles a year towards Russia (if memory serves correct), the Earth belching forth tremendous amounts of methane gas.

Plus the man made causes, such as that Texas sized garbage patch in the Pacific, Fukashima & Chernybol likely have a cumulative effect and of course Fracking. The list could go on…and does.

But I don’t think that mankind will go extinct anytime soon, we may not evolve at a rapid rate, but we do adapt well to circumstances surrounding us which will eventually lead to further evolution.

Also we are discovering new species all the time which could replace the ones which are going extinct. Notice, I said could, not would, only time will tell.

This is the kind of thread I like to see. S&F!

Yeah... humans are just awesome....

_Discover_ a new species to _replace_ an extinct one...

we should be extinct by mother earth already for screwin her up like we have.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
www.news.com.au...

FIFTY-THREE dead New Zealand fur seals have been found washed up on the Eyre Peninsula. Fifty-one of the seals were juveniles and two were young adults, the Adelaide Now website reported. They were washed up on Sunday along a six-kilometre stretch of coastline in the Wanna Beach area of Lincoln National Park. A department spokesman said the cause of death was unclear and post-mortem examinations would be conducted on three of the seals today. New Zealand fur seals are found along Australia's southern coast and the coast of New Zealand's South Island. They are a protected species. The seals can weigh up to 250kg but males average 125kg. The animals are generally considered docile but they will attack if provoked.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
First of all, very good post. I like reading these well written, well organized threads.

I always thought it was Haarp that caused the deaths.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

.it seems to support the fact that there are more reports of mass die offs and that is so much more easily done nowadays

Hi Plube !

You do bring an important point that I forgot to talk about. That there are more reports due to communication and technology access nowadays that were almost non existent before. That same point came out also on the Weather Extreme thread.

And...I must disagree with this notion.

Here is why. The witnesses. Most of the time that a die off happens in a certain area, citizens from that very area are the ones mentioning that they have never seen such a thing in their lifetimes !

Some people have lived in a certain area since they were born, now they are old and they are stumped when they see such a thing happen. In many cases and oftentimes, I take their word as gold. And a very important part of the research.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
like birds and the bees and the chiggers in the trees = if you a bee you dont notice the mass die off like the fish man also does not notice his extinction under way - there are some Note that do know this - they are doing the best by chem trailing the skys to protect us from ozone gone baby gone and do you think theyed allow 7 million peoples to peopleate the earth making it all un balanced so it may fall lop sidded - they trrien hard to # with people showing us the real reality so people will find a solution to the problems we face - thus the WTC hoax to show you they are crooked so people will struggle to know to grow and to awake so that maybe some one may have a solution like a darth vader suit or a blade runner type clones - eugenics is a product of DaVinci - he saw it coming sought the Ubberminch to bread the future - now that model is extinct

Only the anglos can save man for they created him - but do they know who they are?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by alexagendajones

That was some straight up beat nick versing my friend.
niceeeeeeeee mellowing

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by NoHierarchy
I encourage everyone to give this a good watch!

Video is boring ----- AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS THREAD!!!!

Lol, whatever, man... did you even WATCH it?? Are you like 14?
It's actually quite relevant.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Great thread with many points to ponder.

I've often wondered how many animal and insect deaths we don't hear about and you outlined this phenomenon quite well. The only thing I can't agree with are the jellyfish die offs because in Florida we're seeing a boom of them, which I don't believe is a good sign either. I think anything dying or multiplying in extremes should be considered as part of this conundrum.

This will certainly be an interesting year and hopefully we'll see some concrete answers as to what we can expect in the future. One thing we should keep our eyes on is the Extinction List. It seems that it's growing each year and every time an animal/insect/reptile/amphibian is removed from the list, there's five additions.

I live in canada, and when i was young we could see thousands of jellyfish wash to the shore almost every year. This was common thing. Also some fish go and intentionally wash and die at the shore and give birth to young ones in the process also, alot fish have this behavior, im not saying that every animal have it, but some.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join