It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US/Isreali War Games Cancelled?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It seems so, personally I think this is because of the recent Russian and Chinese positions being made clear. Its also probably a public relations stunt to gain public favour.

US-Israeli discord over action against Iran went into overdrive Sunday, Jan. 15 when the White House called off Austere Challenge 12, the biggest joint war game the US and Israel have every staged, ready to go in spring, in reprisal for a comment by Israeli Deputy Prime Minister Moshe Yaalon in an early morning radio interview. He said the United States was hesitant over sanctions against Iran's central bank and oil for fear of a spike in oil prices.

Wargames

edit on 15-1-2012 by TheMindWar because: Typo

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Okay, Obama needs to either find his intelligence or go borrow some. Surely SOMEONE around him had the common sense God granted a goose.

He can make nice nice and swap sloppy kisses with Israel, or he can make war and die by their hand. It's really up to him...but MAKE A DECISION. One way or the other! This is life and death within matters of regional and WORLD WAR. This on again, off again B.S. is cute and comical when it's childish games being played with Congress. It's stupid on steroids when played internationally.

I don't even care which side he picks at this point...but now we're cancelling mega million dollar exercises because a minor functionary (In the grand scheme of things... c'mon
) had a brain fart on a radio talk show??? Wow.... Obama seems to have the intellect and ability to escalate response of my kid...and that is no compliment.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Sonebody got to Obama.....
I dont know who or how....but it is obvious this isnt about the remarks........
\maybe there has been some back room dealings between iran and US?
Maybe the military by god told the executive branch to dummy up.....
We may be looking at defacto coup here......

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It's my understanding that's why we sent the carriers over there--for the games. If that's true what a big waste of money sending them ships there for nothing.

I guess they can come back home now right?----Yeah, we'll see how that goes.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by will615
It's my understanding that's why we sent the carriers over there--for the games. If that's true what a big waste of money sending them ships there for nothing.

I guess they can come back home now right?----Yeah, we'll see how that goes.

Maybe they are there to protect American assets if Israel unilaterally attacks Iran or even possible to prevent Israel itself from an attack since there is 9000 troops recently deployed to Israel and 15,000 to Kuwait.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by corporation

I agree. We probaly had a different agenda all along and just said we're there for the games.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You are quite right. He's flip flopping again.

I think that after the Russian ambassador to NATO said that Russia considers a attack on Iran to be a viable security threat, Obama blinked. Probably the EU nations blinked a lot as well.

Time for Hillary to pack her bags again.
edit on 15-1-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Things are heating up. I believe the upcoming war is inevitable and will probably happen by June. This article from The Wall Street Journal tells of the U.S. getting things in position:

"The planned closing of Israel's nuclear plant near Dimona this month, which was reported in Israeli media, sounded alarms in Washington, where officials feared it meant Israel was repositioning its own nuclear assets to safeguard them against a potential Iranian counterstrike."

"The U.S. military is preparing for a number of possible responses to an Israeli strike, including assaults by pro-Iranian Shiite militias in Iraq against the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad, according to U.S. officials."

"In large measure to deter Iran, the U.S. has 15,000 troops in Kuwait, and has moved a second aircraft carrier strike group to the Persian Gulf area. "

"It has also been pre-positioning aircraft and other military equipment, officials say. Arms transfers to key allies in the Gulf, including the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia, have been fast-tracked as a further deterrent, officials say."

online.wsj.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
They finally learn how to be afraid and back the hell off

Irak was not protected by Russia and China
so easy to destroy a country who is not properly equiped

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Personally think that they have cancelled the war games because they won’t need them, because the real deal will be starting soon.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by D8ncer
Personally think that they have cancelled the war games because they won’t need them, because the real deal will be starting soon.

What's the "real deal"? A peace treaty, perhaps?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Originally posted by D8ncer

What's the "real deal"? A peace treaty, perhaps?

Not with israel around.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 15-1-2012 by forklift because: (no reason given)

top topics

join