It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli jails worse than Nazi camps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

A Palestinian official says Palestinian prisoners are subjected to the most inhumane treatment and are tortured in Israeli prisons, which are even more gruesome than Nazi concentration camps.

We already knew what kind of things Mossad and the IDF get up to. If someone criticizes them, they get the same excuse of "We have to fight for our existence".

In an interview with Iran's Fars News Agency on Sunday, Palestinian Minister for Captives Affairs Ataollah Abu Sabah said of the 44,000 Palestinian inmates currently languishing in Israeli prisons, seven are women and 23 are members of the Palestinian Legislative Council. Abu Sabah described the desert prison of Naqab (Negev), where the detainees are kept in tents, as the Israeli regime's worst prison. Last year, an Israeli TV station released video footage of Palestinian detainees being tortured by Israeli troops in the notorious Naqab prison in 2008, as a result of which one Palestinian died and several others sustained injuries. The Palestinian official further confirmed reports that the relatives of the inmates and sometimes even their lawyers are forced to strip and are interrogated. In late December 2010, a human rights group called Public Committee against Torture in Israel revealed that Palestinian detainees are systematically denied the right to meet a lawyer during interrogations. Being shackled to chairs for long periods, sleep deprivation, intimidation, torture and excruciating detention conditions are some of the instances documented by the rights group in its report. Abu Sabah went on to add that stripping captives in the subzero cold in the winter is one of the most common torture methods of the Israeli regime. The ill captives, he said, are deprived of even the most basic medical treatment, adding that the inmates suffering from medical conditions are not few in number and face gradual death in the regime's prison Israel has some secret prisons where it keeps some of the first captives of the Resistance Movement, Abu Sabah said, adding that the regime has even abducted activists from other Arab countries, whose fate is unknown. Israel Prison Service (IPS) Director Aharon Franco announced in October that there are several prisons in Israel, including Damon prison, Ramle's Neve Tirza prison, and the Ma'asiyahu prison, that are no longer fit for inmates. Franco also said the standard in the US is to allocate eight meters of space for each inmate and the standard is six meters in Europe. In Israel, however, just four meters are allocated for each inmate.

www.presstv.ir...
edit on 15/1/2012 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/1/2012 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I don’t believe I have ever seen a photo of a Palestinian released from a Israeli jail looking like a living skeleton.

It is this type of blatant erroneous speach that distracts from the Palestinian cause.

It is as the fable “the Little Boy Who Cried Wolf” describes.

The Palestinians have exaggerated “over the top” so many times no one takes them seriously.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

I wouldn't doubt this simply by looking at how the Palestinians who aren't in Prison are treated.

They are robbed of their water . Their homes are bulldozed and when they complain about it they are thrown in Prison.

Even the Desert gets very cold at night....try sleeping in an uninsulated tent on the ground....

It certainly isn't exactly like spending the night in a Hilton Hotel.

Peace

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
A Palestinian official said that eh?
yeah .. like I'd believe him not to be biased against Israel. (sarcasm). If someone like the international red cross said it .. then I'd pay attention. But for a Palestinian - who was raised on TV shows saying that Jews are apes and pigs, and who went to school with books filled with anti-Jewish rhetoric - to say that the jails are worse than Nazi camps (when they clearly aren't) .. that's absurd and unbelievable.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
OP did you not know Israel is allowed to do pretty much what ever it likes ,they do not follow the rules and when ever you question any of its actions you are accused of being antisemitic .
The truth is the West has double standards when it comes to Israel ,FACT.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Hmmm More than 1 would have to die to compare to the Nazi Prison camps.

Sorry, this one is a fail. You cant compare something to a Nazi prison camp unless millons of people are dying, looking like unfed skeletons, and dieing by the hundreds, thousands.. daily!

I'm sure if you ask any of our own prisoners in our top knotch state of the art prisons today, the same question, you would get something on par of the same.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
You have got to be kidding or over exaggerating with that headline.
I vote "Fail" without reading a word of the content

(And I'm not a supporter of Israel.)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

Palestinian prisoners are treated horrendously, but you defeat the whole objective of your post by exagerrating these crimes to Nazi levels.

The original sin, is the amount of Palestinians that are actually arrested and incarcerated.

Consider, for example, this astonishing statistic: “almost half of all the prisoners held by the Israeli prison system are Palestinians who have been sent to prison by the military courts in the Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT)” (68). Furthermore, this share seems to have been consistently high over a long period: the figure stood between 45 and 60 percent during the first two decades after the 1967 occupation

electronicintifada.net...

This is from Amnesty. It highlights systematic abuse, mistreatment and racism toward Palestinian prisoners.

A.M., a 15-year-old Palestinian from Beit Ummar village near Hebron, was arrested on 26 May, held in Gush Etzion detention centre, interrogated for six days allegedly using torture, then released after he “confessed” to throwing stones. He said security officials attached an electric cable to his genitals and threatened to give him electric shocks. In August, two NGOs, one Palestinian and the other Israeli, filed complaints to the Israeli police and army about his alleged torture. The police complaint was closed on the ground of “insufficient evidence”, while the army was still reviewing the complaint at the end of 2010.

Detention without trial Israel continued to impose a system of administrative detention whereby Palestinians are held for prolonged periods without charge or trial. At least 264 Palestinians were subject to administrative detention orders in 2010. Some had been held for more than two years. Moatasem Nazzal, a 16-year-old student from Qalandiya refugee camp near Ramallah, was arrested without explanation at his home on 20 March. He was interrogated while shackled. He was given three successive administrative detention orders, keeping him in prison until 26 December 2010.

Prison conditions – denial of family visits Around 680 Palestinian prisoners continued to be denied family visits, some for a third year, because Palestinians in Gaza remained barred from travelling into Israel, where the prisoners are held, since the imposition of the Gaza blockade.

Unfair trials Palestinians in the OPT subject to Israel’s military justice system continued to face a wide range of abuses of their right to a fair trial. They are routinely interrogated without a lawyer and, although they are civilians, are tried before military not ordinary courts.

www.amnesty.org...-67-8

As I once heard the wise Gideon Levy once said, ' Do not exaggerate the crimes that Israel commits against the Palestinians, they are terrible just as they are'.
edit on 15-1-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Man, we didn't have to wait for the replies for Godwin's law to be shattered.

While I am not an Israel cheerleader, I'm not about to believe a PressTV report either.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Seems that some of the supporters of Zionism will not be happy until the "Allies" bomb the hell out of the Israeli supply routes, a typhus outbreak occurs in the camps and half the inmate population dies.

Only then perhaps will Steven Spielberg produce a movie about the fascist regime we sometimes call Israel.

top topics

join