It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guerilla War within Britain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Will we ever see a guerilla war being fought within Britain by Islamic Extremists? Is there anywhere they could hide out? How would they get the necessary weaponry? Is it even possible?

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Yeah. It'll probably happen right after the US exhausts itself fighting Bigfoot clans armed by Kim Jong Il.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Muslims are 2.5% of the UK population.

There is no UK Muslim 'problem', they are not taking over the UK and no none Muslim is going to be forced to become a Muslim in the UK.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Yeah. It'll probably happen right after the US exhausts itself fighting Bigfoot clans armed by Kim Jong Il.

lol, I think taibunsuu said it right, very unlikely there's not enough of them for much more than a little bit of civil unrest. I saw a very interesting documentary recently which was about tensions between the muslim and black communities that opened my eyes. they did interview some young muslims would had stuff like pictures of OBL on their phones and sprouted nonsense. THe problem as I see it is that the previous generation of muslims are not the ones who believe this crap but the current generation. Also there is a denial of a problem amongst the older generation. Just look at when they arrest these terrorist all the older relative come out saying they are not terrorists despite being found with terrorist manuals and plans and that kind of thing. I think that they have no idea what their children are actually doing?

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyboy211
Will we ever see a guerilla war being fought within Britain by Islamic Extremists? Is there anywhere they could hide out? How would they get the necessary weaponry? Is it even possible?

No, there is no chance of this ever happening. One thing the UK has in its favour is its small landmass, there is no where to "hide out".

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
We are more likely to see a gorilla war...those alpha males can be pretty tetchy at times you know!

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
While of course terrorist attacks are possible in the UK, a full blown guerilla war would be nigh on impossible. The UK is a small country and there really aren't any places for such guerillas to hide. Most British muslims are strongly Pro-British, which means plenty of potential informers and very little comfort for those who wish us harm.

As arnold_vosloo says, there are some younger muslims who like to wear Bin-Laden football shirts and possibly idolize Bin-Laden, but I suspect this is more a case of youthful rebellion rather than a deeply felt and considered support of his cause.

I'm sure there are a few who feel more strongly than that, but the security forces seem to be doing a good job nipping these people in the bud.

In terms for denial of such feelings by the older generation, I don't know. British asian newspapers like the Asian Times do acknowledge that there are such feelings amongst some of the younger generation, but the strength an veracity with which it condemns such attitudes is also notable.

I think in many cases though the denial is justified. Out of around 600 people arrested most have been released without charge when it turns out terrorist links are unfounded. In the case of the guy from Blackburn who was arrested a few weeks back for example, it's not just the family or the Muslim community that doubt his involvement in terrorism. A close family friend, (white, middle aged, respectable) has known him and his family since he was a child, and they too couldn't believe he would be involved in anything like this. He is a respected local , British born business man, with good friends from all backgrounds.

Under the circumstances I think the security forces have opted to play it safe, which unfortunately will mean a large number of innocent people do get caught up in the net.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
lets hope they try it soon.
then we can round them all up, intern them, maybe execute a few to set an example and deport the rest.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cs2112
lets hope they try it soon.
then we can round them all up, intern them, maybe execute a few to set an example and deport the rest.

Who's "them"?

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
why dont you take an educated guess
clue; I dont live in a cave or sleep with a goat.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cs2112
why dont you take an educated guess
clue; I dont live in a cave or sleep with a goat.

Poor cs2112... the goat turned you down?

[edit on 14/9/04 by muppet]

top topics

join