It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, there are no Aliens and no UFOs...It's just Mass Delusion

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

To say that there are other living beings in our universe is alright, but to say that there are beings in our universe as intelligent as ours or even more intelligent with technology capable of reaching our planet is ignorant as well. To believe that we are being visited by other beings through all the secrecy our governments revolve around with other actually rational reasons for flying saucers is also ignorant. Flying saucers are government made, aliens are a Hollywood image portrayed perfectly for you. When you think of aliens I guarantee the first image that comes to mind is something you've seen in movies, I'll rest my case.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I agree that belief in Aliens could be a form of delusion, there is no evidence to be found on the existence of Aliens. However UFO's are all together a different matter, I have witnessed 3 UFO's myself and I assure you, I was not delusional, every time I sighted one I had 2-3 people with me, who saw what I saw. UFO's are as real as you and I, Aliens not so much.

It is my belief that UFO's are promoted to be Alien craft to keep Top Secret Military craft (UFO's), exactly that, Top Secret and unbeknown to the rest of the world, th true origin of these craft.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

So what you are saying is you couldnt be on a jury. You cant use a picture as evidence. Witness word is no good. You could not convict anyone with the way you think.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
There is nothing to proof that aliens are real.We feed our beliefs with false images and false evidence.Until now I didn't see any strong evidence,no alien came on TV an speak to the world,except maybe few politicians.
There is no Material proof for alien presence or alien existence in our galaxy and beyond.

From psychological point of view I think people need it, those who do not believe in God must believe in something and they believe in Aliens.

Mass delusion,

Maybe because is an entire industry that make money from this,and of course mass delusion must be maintained and entertained.

So..blame it on the Aliens.

Maybe is very painful to accept that we are alone in the Universe.

Sorry to disappoint you but Aliens are...MASS DELUSION.

In a way, i have to agree with you that there is no proof that aliens are real. I haven't seen any convincing evidence that the earth has been visited, but that's just me.
But I think you have a awful lot of rocks to turn over before you can say we are alone in the Universe.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by iksose7

Textwe are alone in the universe
Give me just 1(one) proof that is otherwise.

Had we reasearched all of the space then yes, you asking for proof would have been a valid argument. However, since we haven't even scratched the surface and have no clue what's out there, there's no much point in asking for "proof". You can comb space and say "Oh, see, there are no aliens". We don't have that technology yet..common sense though, dictates we can't be the only fish in the wast sea we call our universe.
edit on 15-1-2012 by Kenan2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

"no alien came on TV an speak to the world,except maybe few politicians."

LOL! Crackin up. LOL!
S&F for that.
Gonna carry on reading now.........

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Aliens aren't delusions!

I look at the obvious...

I mean, aliens-- or extraterrestrials, if you will-- are merely the fairyfolk of this century. Or, the angels of this era. Even the Tengu, or the Wendigo, or the Bunyip.

You get the idea.

The twist is, I'm not even swaying into cryptzoology, I'm just illustrating the fact, how at one time or another, such things were just that... FACT... and now we bicker on blogs over the truth about Dulce....

Need I say more?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This is one of the most ignorant threads i have ever seen. Go and study the literature, spanning over 50 years, go and read the declassified reports numbering in the tens of thousands. All the evidence is there is one chooses to look for it.

Reading books really is becoming a lost art, as this most ignorant of posts clearly demonstrates.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

*****ATTENTION*****

The topic of this thread is Sorry, there are no Aliens and no UFOs...It's just Mass Delusion.

NOT other members. NOT what other members think. NOT if you think the thread is ignorant. NOT if you think your opinion is the only valid opinion.....and so on.

Any off topic posts, insults towards other members, posts about other members and any and all T&C violations will be actioned by staff. If this staff notice is ignored, you may be post banned.

So again, discuss and debate the TOPIC and the topic ONLY

FINAL warning!

edit on January 15th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

If you do the required research on the topic, we are not alone in the universe. NASA confirming microbes on Mars is enough to do that. The beauty of freedom of speech is that you can disregard The Disclosure Project, Stephen Hawking, NASA Astronauts, or literally any data that contradicts your opinion. I would consider it burying your head in the sand, but we all have a right to our beliefs. We used to think the earth was flat. Isolationists will always ignore the evidence that is all around us. It ultimately comes down to what you believe

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WeMoveUnseen

Hi,

I mean no direspect. I'm the guy who bought UFO Magazine here in England in the mid 90's. I read Timothy Good's book. (The very man who published the MJ-12 files). I lapped up all the Roswell Incident stuff. From Ray Stantilli's refusual to hand over the footage of the alien autopsy to Kodak, to the Jonathan Frakes U.S documentary, I think we got on Channel 4. I watched all that stuff, and believed. I've just matured in my views to make the comparison how aliens are this century's fairyfolk...

Peace friend.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Nick Pope on the reality of the Extraterrestrial hypothesis - for those who can't be bothered to read literature

www.youtube.com...

What would he know eh?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I find that posters like the OP are usually trying to convince themselves, rather than others, with these kinds of posts, albeit subconsciously.

Either way, you can't prove that aliens don't exist, and I can't prove that they do. So it's up to each and everyone of us to decide for ourselves what we believe, and whatever that is, is none of anyone else's damn business. More importantly, posts like this are pointless, because you're not going to convince anyone they don't exist, and nobody who believes they do are going to convince you they do, either.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by android18957392

I had a nice little email conversation with one of the members of the Disclosure Project and the response given was again back at the Officials on the other end . They will not be open to disclosure and will continue to give the same old replies .

It suits their agenda of keeping us in the dark like mushrooms fed junk in efforts to control things . This person also saw the evidence mentioned previously here .

edit on 15-1-2012 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

"I take it you've explored the universe then?"

Have you?

Do YOU have any proof of anything in the universe but us?
NASA haven't & they've been looking for years.
So do you have any experiences or anything to evidence life anywhere but planet earth?
Please don't chat about any microbial life that might be locked in ice somewhere in the solar system or elsewhere.
I mean earth like types of life anywhere.

If you've answered these or similar questions in this post sorry, I'll keep reading.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a breif extract from 1 of Nick Popes webpages

from 1st December 2009, the Ministry of Defence terminated their UFO project. The news was slipped out in a way designed not to attract attention, by making an amendment to an existing document in the Freedom of Information section of the MoD website, entitled "How to report a UFO sighting". The announcement stated that "in over fifty years, no UFO report has revealed any evidence of a potential threat to the United Kingdom" and goes on to say that "MOD will no longer respond to reported UFO sightings or investigate them".

There was to be a final twist. In response to a query from a journalist, the MoD press office made an interesting comment. The quote was published in The Sun on 22nd January 2009 in a story that ends with the following:

The MoD defended its decision to shut the UFO division. A spokesman said: "We do not feel there is any military value in reviewing the public's sightings".

The key point is that the quote didn't say there was no military value in reviewing UFO sightings - only that there was no military value in reviewing the public's UFO sightings. Where evidence suggests that UK airspace has been penetrated by an unidentified object, this must automatically be of defence interest and should be investigated properly,

taken from here
www.nickpope.net...

now what i find intresting is the part that says
"Where evidence suggests that UK airspace has been penetrated by an unidentified object, this must automatically be of defence interest and should be investigated properly"

so what is exactly penetrating British Airspace????

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WeMoveUnseen

The mass delusion of UFOlogy is credible in that the weakening of religious institutions, both politically and in a grassroots sense of affecting the ordinary citizen, is validated by the millennial angst we all must've felt a decade or so ago...

And as the literature states from my research, the power of 9/11 led to the "happening" that many sorely lacked, so now there's thats sense of righteousness in foreign policy, war, elections, etc...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join