It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, there are no Aliens and no UFOs...It's just Mass Delusion

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Same thing can be said of a lot of other things, not just UFO's or Aliens. Can you prove that they don't exists? There is evidence that they do exists but it all depends on how you interpret the word artifacts. Furthermore, no disrespect intended, but the same goes for god. Can you prove he exists? You show us the proof he exists. You will find these two arguments are one in the same as for proof so to speak. If you don't believe in UFO's or aliens then you have that right to do so but to say that everyone is delusional really does make you ignorant. I am sure if you are a religious person that god didn't teach you to be rude to others did he/she? Hmm, I am beginning to think now that you posted this just to start something. So not here is the challenge, you prove that aliens and UFO's don't exist. If you can't then need I say more....

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
**** Last Chance ****

Trolling this thread with off topic posts will not get the thread closed.

It will get you post banned.

KNOCK IT OFF !!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
There is nothing to proof that aliens are real.We feed our beliefs with false images and false evidence.Until now I didn't see any strong evidence,no alien came on TV an speak to the world,except maybe few politicians.
There is no Material proof for alien presence or alien existence in our galaxy and beyond.

From psychological point of view I think people need it, those who do not believe in God must believe in something and they believe in Aliens.

Mass delusion,

People's definition of UFO's and Aliens vary widely.

People need to be able to define UFO's and aliens in a particular way. With UFO's it's been coined for a particular reason Unidentified Flying Objects. Aliens on the other hand are non-earth terrestrials, which can include alien bacteria and alien viruses, so yes they do exist and are not delusional.

I would suggest you tighten up on your definition and not make a blanket statement attacking everyone for their particular beliefs. It's understandable to get frustrated with all the countless dead-ends, hoaxes that are posted.

Don't give up keep searching.

link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

well, I could call you a shill working for tptb........ I cannot prove it..... but then again, neither can you prove aliens don't exist....

see what i did there??

edit on 15-1-2012 by sonik because: (no reason given)

link   
Diamond , why would you even start a thread like this ? There is clear cut evidence that there is and was an Alien entity on board the ISS . You have the right to disagree but the evidence is out there , whether you need to have an expert in the field with you when you watch it . I would like to be present when we all do it and will accept your cash donation into my bank account and call it a day .

An ambulance could be handy to revive you from passing out from shock or you may just say the checks in the mail and walk away . Either way you would loose the cash when you accept the bet , but I won't hold it against you as I do the face palm say I told you so .

What a way to start a Sunday morn .

edit on 15-1-2012 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
There is nothing to proof that aliens are real.We feed our beliefs with false images and false evidence.Until now I didn't see any strong evidence,no alien came on TV an speak to the world,except maybe few politicians.
There is no Material proof for alien presence or alien existence in our galaxy and beyond.

From psychological point of view I think people need it, those who do not believe in God must believe in something and they believe in Aliens.

Mass delusion,

Maybe because is an entire industry that make money from this,and of course mass delusion must be maintained and entertained.

So..blame it on the Aliens.

Maybe is very painful to accept that we are alone in the Universe.

Sorry to disappoint you but Aliens are...MASS DELUSION.

I agree except for

we are alone in the Universe
for this is an impossibility. Earth is very much proof that life can rise and fall easily under the right conditions. Went we look at that life it actually started very early on and reset a number of times, like 600 million years ago in Snow Ball Earth, to once again flourish. With that said, one needs to ask what kind of life? Even though many suggest we have an unlimited universe that yields unlimited possibilities we all must remember there are limits to our universe, and the big limit is time itself. With about 14 billion years to play with it took the universe the first 5 billion years to form the heavier elements to make planets, so working with 9 billion years is a good number for life.

Within those 9 billion years we see that earth took 4.5 billion years to make us, and at least 3 billion to make any advance life, so we can say that at around 6 billion years ago more advance life could have started. We do see a lot of resets on earth and if we didn't have giant planets (failed stars) of Jupiter and Saturn we would have had many more. We needed roughly 500 million years to become who we are, and if it wasn't for a dinosaur reset we may still be furry rodents, so though life is most likely abundant, intelligent life with the physical capabilities to build is most likely very rare.

What makes it rare is just the sheer number of factors involved. First if we just say "life" that covers everything and is most likely common, but what is common? There are limits to life....water, temperatures etc. Once again looking at earth, just a little change and life becomes very rare and very simple even here on a perfect planet. We can suggest that some forms of life can live in extreme heat or cold or low gravity or heavy gravity, but the more extreme the environment is the simpler life would be, so we have limits here too when we talk about advance life.

If we say advance life that wipes out much of life in the universe, for the more advance life becomes the easier it can be reset and it does take a good amount of time for evolution to work to make it, but advance life once again is still many forms. Now when we add in intelligent life as a factor we start to see that more and more of these requirements start to dwindle the life pool even further. On earth by saying intelligent life we take trillions of life forms from over billions of years down to a hand full....get my point?

We can't stop there for we still have further discriminators. Let's see... life....advance life....intelligent advance life....now we need to add a life form with the physical capabilities to build, live in space, survive....so on and so on. We are proof of advance intelligent physically capable life, but that still doesn't prove that we can make it to the space fairing stage of star travel without being reset like 99.9 percent of all former life forms have been. Though I disagree with your statement that I quoted I do see that we are very alone in "our" part of the universe just with the sheer number of requirements needed to suggest space fairing life, AND for that life to have found us in our neck of the woods the size of the galaxy.

edit on 15-1-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog8110
Diamond , why would you even start a thread like this ? There is clear cut evidence that there is and was an Alien entity on board the ISS . You have the right to disagree but the evidence is out there , whether you need to have an expert in the field with you when you watch it . I would like to be present when we all do it and will accept your cash donation into my bank account and call it a day .

An ambulance could be handy to revive you from passing out from shock or you may just say the checks in the mail and walk away . Either way you would loose the cash when you accept the bet , but I won't hold it against you as I do the face palm say I told you so .

Post a link to this alien entity on ISS, I must have missed that one .
Please.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
While I have never denied the possibility of the existance of extra terrestrials, I have until very recently vehemently denied the ability of extra terrestrials to cross the vast expanses of space through endless regions of toxic radioactivity to get here only to turn cows inside-out and randomly select cross-sections of society for alleged breeding experiments. (Given the technology in our posession at the time [and still], I continue to deny that anyone has ever been to the moon!) However, after a recent viewing of "Thrive: What on Earth Will It Take?" (thrivemovement.com) and seeing the intricate depictions of the torus waveform depicted in every crop circle AND the digital reply to a 1974 NASA transmission - also done in a field of hay, I have recanted. Not willingly, mind you, but also not grudgingly; the evidence is stark and irrefutable. Hopefully, they're here to kill the banking and corporate elite . . .

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

Post a link to this alien entity on ISS, I must have missed that one .
Please.

Rigel you up for a bet on my claim ? Be very very careful I must remind you . Some brief terms though , it must occur in an auditorium with scientists / experts from both sides okay ?
Oh and of course the world press also , that is a must have .

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Just have a peak through this short list recorded sightings and tell me it is all mass delusion.

en.wikipedia.org...

Even scientists like Michio Kaku openly and in all honesty state that about 5% of the UFO cases cannot be explained in any conventional way. A French independent investigation team that consisted of high ranking officers, generals and other scientists concluded in the infamous COMETA report that a small percentage of the ufo cases cannot be explained in any conventional way and that the extraterrestrial hypothesis is most likely the most realistic. They also accused the US government of a massive cover up. The government of Urugay has publicly stated having investigated the ufo phenomenon concluding that the extraterrestrial hypothesis is very possible.

For the rest I agree that it is all very dark, sinister, dubious and x-files like, but I refuse to believe that absolutely nothing is going on. Regardless of all the official explanations, all the debunkers, all the scientific counterarguments, I find it all not entirely dissuasive enough.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'm not disagreeing with you, I just want to look at it and decide for myself.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
How about the 100 billion planets at a minimum they have just announced which are in our galaxy alone? AT least one if not more for each star. That in and of itself is proof enough for me. Maybe they haven't visited earth yet. Maybe they have? Lack of proof they haven't been here isn't lack of proof they don't exist.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I hope you guys are all setting the OP right with his/her clearly mistaken idea. I have had three personal sightings in my day. Like most folks who see them, I wasn't out to have a sighting on any of the three occasions. But they were undeniable. When you know, you know. Doesn't really matter when someone comes in screaming "delusion" or whatever else they might like. Seeing is believing.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Your welcome to accompany in a seat in the audience .

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Wow, flash.

Anyway, can you post the evidence for it being mass delusion? I await.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Your welcome to accompany in a seat in the audience .

So are you talking about a movie?If you are you're wasting my time!
Post the link or retract it.I haven't got all day to wait.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join