It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, there are no Aliens and no UFOs...It's just Mass Delusion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

Sometimes I want to think it's mass delusion that I myself exist, but, then Rene Descartes pops up and smacks me me in the face.

Maybe I should convert to Solipsism? I'm already Atheist, so, if I am God, yet don't believe in God ...

You know what,
I just started to read up on philosophical ideas, and Descartes shows up a few times in my reading, coincidence? Perhaps.
I am of the belief that mainstream religion is wrong,
And the path of knowledge is our true salvation, Faith will get us nowhere when we worship false gods..

Anyways.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
No, never been alone, but the moreso 'unseen' will increasingly manifest through this cyclical climax period.

"Say hello to our little friends"--the return of the 'gods' of old, those beings of renown that inspired and guided the pharaohs and bestowed corruptions throughout the previous cycles. Their time to 'shine' again though I could never tell you when

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

If you study Jung's book, you come away with understanding that Jung had no concept of what was known about the physical evidence for UFOs. All he was attempting to do is what the typical conventional scientist does is to portray the subject matter within their own limited field of knowledge and enhance themselves in the process.

In a word, Jung literally knew nothing about physical UFOs. He dared not go there for that would have destroyed his theory. --Same tactic Sagan used, be high-minded in your logic and not deal with reality as it appears

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Just wondering if you have a way to go through the millions of UFO reports that are supported by physical evidence and say for a fact each one did not happen. I don;t thing you can. The motto of ATS is deny ignorance and not perpetuate a limited and surely inaccurate point of view. Just because you did not see it happen does not mean it didn't occur. Wouldn't it be nice if the entire world revolved around you and something was true just because you said it. Sorry...doesn't work that way. Keep studying the topic and eventually the real truth will out. Many of us here on ATS know a different reality. We just need to give you a little time to catch up.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Now, are we being visited? I do not know, but there are plenty of fish in the sea, many of which we do not even know exist.
most of the fish species we know but none of the so called Alien species, because they do not exist.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

He kept returning to it though. It plagued him. He became obsessed with it, and you can see in later editions how many footnotes he kept adding. I would bet you anything that if he lived longer that book would have evolved into a massive text-book. The collective unconscious and the idea of UFOs can cross-over into physical reality by virtue of what he called "synchronicity". It is real. It is more real than real. It is stranger than we CAN suppose.

"We have disguised ourselves as an Extraterrestrial invasion so as not to alarm people with what is REALLY going on...."
"ET" channeling revealed to Terence McKenna

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
There is nothing to proof that aliens are real.

We human's and other life on this earth, we live on a planet.

There are literally countless other planets throughout our galaxy alone, there are billions upon billions of other galaxies within the universe. The chances that there is no life on any other rock than the earth we live on... would be astronomically impossible.

We feed our beliefs with false images and false evidence.Until now I didn't see any strong evidence,no alien came on TV an speak to the world,except maybe few politicians.

As you are going on to mention "religion" and "god". Tell me, when has god appeared on television or actually proved himself to be non-fiction? Never.

There is no Material proof for alien presence or alien existence in our galaxy and beyond.

We do not even know the full contents of our own galaxy so to speak. We haven't even ventured out of our own solar system yet. Even the Voyager spacecraft's are still technically within the solar system. How can you know for sure there is no alien life in our own galaxy let alone the rest of the universe?

We have to assume that planet's similar to the environments on our own earth have the ability to harbour life in a similar way. To deny this possibility is ignorant.

From psychological point of view I think people need it, those who do not believe in God must believe in something and they believe in Aliens.

I don't think i need to say anything to this, that is just plain silly.

Mass delusion,

In terms of your own argument... Give me evidence of this god you speak of.

Maybe because is an entire industry that make money from this,and of course mass delusion must be maintained and entertained.

So..blame it on the Aliens.

I'm sorry but you are contradicting yourself to the extreme. Can you explain why christianity and almost every other western backed religion involves the stealing of money from "believers" by convincing them to donate to the church? Blame it on the aliens? OH lord it must have been satan!

Maybe is very painful to accept that we are alone in the Universe.

Sorry to disappoint you but Aliens are...MASS DELUSION.

People accept god because they "are scared that we are alone". It is the foundation of why all religion exists. Religion is the delusion and cannot be compared to Alien life as a belief of the same consistency.

Aliens, probable, possible, logical.

God, implausible.

Tell me, which is the delusion? you are basing your argument by comparing religion to the possibility of alien life. Accepting the possibility of life on other worlds is far from belief or hope.

There is evidence that planets exist outside of our solar-system, and to come to a conclusion... you are deluded, because you are denying what is in front of your own eyes. i'm sorry if i sound rude about my replies, but it is rude to say that "aliens cannot exist" because god says they cannot.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
so would this topic mean that the ex goverment investigator in the british M.O.D Nick Pope who was payed to study ufo reports and says that 5% are indeed unexplained
would that make him delusional?
or the people he has interviewed from pilots to armed forces personell
are they also delusional?
i myself do not know the answer to that question nor do i know the answer to are ufo`s real or not

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

give us one proof that we ARE alone.

Do you really think any alien culture would just announce themselves on arrival? They have been here since the very beginning and are shaping this world for THEIR use without being overt about it.

Prove me otherwise

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Don't mix the UFO term with Aliens.

There are UFOs. There are things interacting with us that have not been explained.

Take Leslie Keans book and then the 2 Richard Dolan historical summary books as a starting point. Dig from there.

These unexplained things have been the subject of private government interest from way back. In parallel with public ridicule and a certain amount of active disinformation.

Collective delusions don't have radar returns. They also don't irradiate people. They don't cause aircraft malfunctions.

Quite often this site is a public vent for the individual delusions of people. It also often degenerates into a kind of alien lore role play. Ignore all that. The UFO community online buries itself in bull#.

There are enough well researched case histories and testimony in print to show something is going on. Once we can move the public discourse into acceptance of that and real investigation by the mainstream then the rest will follow.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I thought this was cool, and could it be used to distract us? Being able to create holograms that realistic could be what's need for mass distraction,

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

millions of UFO reports
The more there are more reports without physical evidence so I think everything is an illusion in mass.Big numbers are always questionable.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This type of opinion proves one thing. You haven't looked into the subject. Spend a week actually looking at the evidence, not just a few fake youtube videos, and you may change your mind. Why would astronauts, airline pilots, nuclear physicists, and a host of others put their reputations on the line if they thought it was a hoax? You type a paragraph refuting thousands of pages of investigations and physical proof and we are supposed to just throw all that away and go with your version of the truth. Don't think so.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OsirisIndigo

give us one proof that we ARE alone.
The proof is no material proof of Alien beings existence,if one come on TV and make a statement then maybe I will believe.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

How can you say that a lack of any phsyical evidence makes a subject become irrelevant, all the while mentioning that God is real?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

You think very highly of yourself huh?

Sorry to disappoint you but you have ZERO proof they don't exist.

To think we are the only living beings in the universe is selfish. Out of billions of planets how can you think we are alone?!? We are not special by any means, we have alot of learning to do as a species imo.

I believe.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Heres your proof but as always it's your choice to beleive it or not.
Mars Life in Meteor

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

What is their agenda, are all relevant questions,
I didn't see them stopping wars or providing us any cure for cancer or AIDS,but maybe "they" are to ...."High",for us.

edit on 15-1-2012 by diamondsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

That is rich, coming from the person who had a whole long thread about how he believes that everything in the bible is real and not listening to anyone's posts.
I know you believe in god without any proof of it's existence whatsoever, yet you ask for evidence of something that has tonnes of evidence, written reports by sound people such as pilots, police etc, pictures, personal accounts, movie clips, government reports and so on. No I am not putting up links, you can do the research yourself.

Not all of those are real of course but there are a hell of a lot that can't be dismissed. Does it mean that aliens are from outer space? No, they could be from the bottom of the oceans or from other dimensions for example but their existence is undeniable.
Therefore I call your post HYPOCRISY of the largest scale and find you arrogant in your opinions.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

Heres your proof but as always it's your choice to beleive it or not
Tell me without so called this Alien evidence,where the pressure of the society will go...in what civil war,or WW3 war?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join