It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, there are no Aliens and no UFOs...It's just Mass Delusion

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by jerryznv

A false flag for what exactly.
As a psychological weapon to control masses of people.

um that sounds like somthing else, thats right.......religion.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

*****ATTENTION*****

The topic of this thread is Sorry, there are no Aliens and no UFOs...It's just Mass Delusion.

NOT other members. NOT what other members think. NOT if you think the thread is ignorant. NOT if you think your opinion is the only valid opinion.....and so on.

Any off topic posts, insults towards other members, posts about other members and any and all T&C violations will be actioned by staff. If this staff notice is ignored, you may be post banned.

So again, discuss and debate the TOPIC and the topic ONLY

FINAL warning!

edit on January 15th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

I think this thread is an insult to many thousands of people who have studied or seen these things with their own eyes.
The op is basically calling me delusional.
I would get flamed if I wrote the same thread but in reverse, soory there is no God, it's just mass delusion.
If you believe in god your clearly delusional.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
You seem so sure... where is the proof they don't exist?

I have personally seen two.. that's good enough for me.

you can dwell in your denial.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Here is enough for anyone to at lease reconcider their thinking that we are alone in this universe. I'm sure the Starchild Skull is a topic of discussion here at ATS, but incase you have overlooked it, you should check it out.

www.starchildproject.com...

Oh, and the math can't lie. There is a possible 10 billion planets in out galaxy alone that could support life, and to believe we are alone is not logical captain.

www.thestar.com...

Pladuim
edit on 15-1-2012 by Pladuim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Arthur C. Clarke, co-writer with Stanley Kubrick of “2001: A Space Odyssey”, said:

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not.
Both are equally terrifying”

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
There tends to be more evidence supporting aliens then there is against their existence but why bring god into it? god was nothing more then an alien himself.Doesn't the Bible say that the gods came down in metal crafts?....yes,yes it does.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I will offer up some proof. How can you explain paintings and tapestries from the 13, 14 & 15th centuries showing objects in the sky and people pointing and looking up at them. That is one hell of an artistic imagination to create such images that 100's of years later would actually look much like things that have been seen and filmed in the sky today. Objects that look the same yet still cannot be explained.

If you want to ignore this part of history then you better ignore all of it. Everything written, everything told.

www.alien-ufo-pictures.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Those who don't believe in God? But most abductees always seem to be Christians (in America and UK anyway)

I'm open to the ideas of aliens visiting us, but that doesn't mean I think it's definitely true. Most people who have an interest in this subject are unsure either way,

It's so typical reading a rant like this where the person cites a lack of belief in God as a reason to believe in aliens. Life most likely started from outside our planet so to say there are no aliens in the vast universe is just plain stupid. I also love how a lot of the time people who make this argument claim that God made us and no aliens can exit outside of earth. How arrogant are people to believe that God would create this huge universe and only put life in one tiny area.

You say there is no proof, but witness testimonials are evidence and in such a vast number they can not be ignored,. I hate when idiots say 'they haven't said hi on tv' as if they would want to or even need to. Why do people assume that they would make contact with the entire population? Most likely they would not want to disturb our planet/society more than is needed to so it would be natural to think that we would not be aware of them. Also with all the technology that they would have to get here do you really think that it would be possible to catch them on camera in any significant way?

People are so arrogant when thinking of us as a species. We are an embarrassment thought imo. We can't even work together to make real progress, all we can do is think about getting rich and being selfish apart from a small number of us.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

While I agree with a lot of what you said. The idea that we're "ALONE" in the universe is just absurd. Just because they aren't visiting us or we haven't found them doesn't mean there's no other life. I personally don't believe that aliens are among us but I know their out there. There's no chance that their not out there. Anyone with half a brain should be able to do the simplest of math and figure out that the chances for them being there far out weigh the chances of them not being there. Other life exists. But I doubt that they've been visiting us. That is the part that is pure delusion.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Where the heck is Diamondsmith anyway ? Make a thread and not have the where to and reply to it .

I Vote for tanking this thread in the trash bin . What say you all ?
?????

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Oh look, it's this thread again. You have just repeated what every other person who (for some crazy reason) doesn't believe in aliens says. Sure you can say that we're being spoon fed "evidence" of extraterrestrials visiting Earth to get people to go to the movies and watch then next Alien Invasion movie, but does Hollywood really need to do that to get viewers? No. And do you think people are taking Hollywood movies seriously?
In an infinitely expanding universe with BILLIONS of planets there is a 0% chance that there aren't alien life forms out there. If you would amend your argument to "My personal belief is that there are no aliens visiting Earth, but a chance that they are somewhere else in the universe is probable" I would take you seriously.

However, as it stands, you have no argument and bad grammar.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

for this is an impossibility. Earth is very much proof that life can rise and fall easily under the right conditions.
I agree with you,maybe life is possible in other parts of the Universe and we must accept this as an hypothesis,but physical proof does not exist,yet.The only proof is the visual observation of the spectral analysis of stars like Sun that could have planets like Earth.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

TextIt is my belief that UFO's are promoted to be Alien craft to keep Top Secret Military craft (UFO's), exactly that, Top Secret and unbeknown to the rest of the world, th true origin of these craft.
There could be another theory,that I have in mind about this matter,but first we must have proof of it.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by newcovenant

millions of UFO reports
The more there are more reports without physical evidence so I think everything is an illusion in mass.Big numbers are always questionable.

And you are free to think what you want. It is a beautiful thing. You are not necessarily right though and in this instance chances are slim to none. I lean toward odds and probabilities when the actual truth is obscured from my view.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I lean toward odds and probabilities when the actual truth is obscured from my view.
If we have to choose from millions of evidence what would be the right proof?

edit on 16-1-2012 by diamondsmith because: e

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by barmyfluid

Do you know of the Rendlesham Forest Incident? It ties perfectly into this, as it could be argued that its our own cultural need for a British Roswell of sorts...

But likewise, the involvement of American Military Forces in the matter posits it into the easily-debunkable category seeing how all bases are covered-- when it comes to the cliches of such things, sadly...

Personally, the mass-delusion of UFO's in an increasing secular society as ours makes great headway in veering towards what really does go without being said--- and thats how another, more modern such event, ought to occur hopefully sometime soon...

With the excitable Year 2000/Millennial angst plied to the Now, maybe ... just maybe... this is the year for "something" UFO/Alien oriented to happen.

And then where would this thread be?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

And yet there is no physical proof that God exists either, only testimony from people that claim they spoke with or have been visited by him (gee seems a lot like the UFO/Alien phenomenon, doesn't it?) but you believe in that with your heart and soul, which is completely respectable, but why?

Don't get me wrong though, in no way am I trying to get you to question your faith. I would just like to better understand your logic.

edit on 16-1-2012 by DevilDog0311 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilDog0311

Don't get me wrong though, in no way am I trying to get you to question your faith. I would just like to better understand your logic.
Alien suppose to be more intelligent then we are,with so many millions of proof they should make contact by now,there is no conspiracy that a contact will harm the humanity.Why they didn't make contact until now?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Those questions you have are the same ones we're all asking. We can just guess.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If there's no aliens, then there's no bigfoot or el chupacabra; nor yetis, sasquach, and loch ness monster!!!

So, whilst we forsake folklore and mythology as the olden means to comprehend them; so, too, must we relinquish grasp of the expansionism of ufology in that the entities of my opening sentence are now widely said to of been forged in secret experiments in cross-species hybridisation, illegal cloning, and general bioengineering tests!!

And that's not me saying it, but what I've learnt in my research for years and years to now.

It seems that the only fringe we dare not posit is that of ourselves. And by that, I don't mean, the views we've individually collated to consider such opinions-- but rather, our opinions before ever arriving at embracing the other!

Before there was Science, there was Alchemy. Before that, the Old myths.

Tis a shame we lost sight of the A-word. As maybe that's where the answer to this remains......

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join