It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, there are no Aliens and no UFOs...It's just Mass Delusion

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by OsirisIndigo

give us one proof that we ARE alone.
The proof is no material proof of Alien beings existence,if one come on TV and make a statement then maybe I will believe.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

But there is evidence. Tons of it.

No proof maybe, but evidence? There's plenty.

Debunk these four hundred cases before you tell me there's no evidence.
edit on 15-1-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: i needed to edit something

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
... and yet another thread, among too many others, stating that "sorry, guys, better luck next time"...
And here goes, again, the same old same arguments battle between the believers and non-believers (should I call them "infidels"?
)

Why people cannot agree that they don't agree - which would be a great achievement per se - and live with the fact that there will always, always be two sides of the coin?
C'mon, people... get a grip. Some of us believe in extraterrestrial life, some of us don't; what's the problem here? Can't we live our lives if we don't try hard to convince the others that they are wrong?

Grrr...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
reply to post by diamondsmith

_javascript:icon('
')
This thread is not worthy of any response.
Remember, you can't prove a negative.

Oh, you proved that by not supplying one single fact to support your baseless claim.
edit on 15-1-2012 by Aliensun because: Added line

I like your response, very intelligently put. However to the poster, I have lived 73 years on this earth, witnessed many sightings starting in 1956, then 58 with a couple in the 90's that put to shame anything man has. In one, I watched this craft hover off my wingtip at night as I came for a landing. There is more that is personal to myself and family, but won't go there. Truly, it does not matter what you think, reality as you know it is not the true reality, you are still in kindergarten as to "knowing" and I have never felt a need to prove anything to anyone to make my reality real.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Sorry aliens exist and even ufo's exist, why just yesterday I saw something in the sky and I was like "WTF is that" but then I got bored and moved on before I could see a little better what it was...So hence it was a UFO.

Even God the gods and all kinds of other things and entities exist....But sorry to say, earth and humanity just is not all that important or interesting, really this is like the arm pit of the universe. And there is even a bunch of reason's why when you look at the stars you see nothing, but one of the main one is...The one who created this universe likes it like that, it's much more quieter, and much more beautiful without all the noise that life brings along.

However for the fun of it once in a while some are allowed to exist, and only as long as they bring the lolz. When the lol'z stop, and things get boring or to degenerate...They are exterminated.

All before this current incarnation of life have either ascended and shifted to other dimensions, or they have become extinct..And you will see the truth of it. If you dont believe me, just look to the stars, or even the earth and you will see that the rules of providence are set against you.

Now I want you to prove to me that all that I have said is not true.

Sorry to disappoint you but Aliens are...MASS DELUSION.

Sorry to disappoint you but everything is mass delusion. Stick around a few thousand years and you will see every one of your current reality's become a delusion.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Thanks

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

From psychological point of view I think people need it, those who do not believe in God must believe in something and they believe in Aliens.

Mass delusion,

Maybe is very painful to accept that we are alone in the Universe.

The ignorance shown by you here is to such an extreme that I was actually forced to SIGN-UP to ATS after lurking for years just for the sake of making this reply, really, your naivety is that bad.

Firstly, the golden gem you drop here in the form of a generalization about all of mankind is simply priceless. The way you use the phrase 'from a psychological point of view' to attempt to give any logical credit to what you just said clearly backfires on your intelligence. 'Psychologically', man's desire to believe in a God can be attributed to many factors such as explanation for the unknown, a feeling of comfort and guidance, a light at the end of the tunnel ~ hope, e.t.c. On the other hand, isn't it clear that people don't believe in aliens for any of these reasons (other than potentially an explanation of the remaining unknown which science still struggles with, e.g construction of the pyramids for example, but that's another topic all together). So, how you can make such a bold statement is beyond me. Clearly you have put yourself in this box in your head where because you believe in God others are inferior and need a substitute belief. 'Psychologically', one could say you believe we're suffering from a case similar to Freud's theory of Penis Envy

Have you ever thought to yourself those that don't belief in God may perhaps believe in the good of humanity? The progression of society? The desire to be a good man and through that help raise the quality of one own's life and those around him? Doesn't such a person live a life similar to that of a holy man, without the need of introducing the concept of a God? So attributing alien belief as being a block to fill that gap is completely absurd.

Then you go on to produce another gold gem about it being hard to accept we're alone in the universe. Have you thought it may be hard for YOU to accept we're NOT alone in the universe? Maybe that's the whole cause of this thread. Do you understand anything about the universe? Do you know how many galaxies exist within, and how many stars inhabit each galaxy? We're talking 100s of billions of billions of billions...and you think it's illogical to assume JUST ONE of these stars might harbour an orbiting planet that has conditions to sustain life?!? Then combine that factor with the age of the universe, and as we all know even the lowest of probabilities will come true within enough given time...

I'm not here to discuss whether UFO's are indeed aliens or whether aliens are in contact with us as such, however I'm here to personally critique the sheer arrogance you had to make two absolutely bold statements in a demeaning manner when clearly you have only shown yourself to be the narrow-minded and delusional one.

Peace

edit on 15-1-2012 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2012 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
For the love of sanity leave this guy to his games and move on to more constructive threads. As it has been noted you cant prove a negative. The thread title should have set off alarm bells and in fact the mods should close the farce down as many threads like this have been started. That is of course if this ISNT a ploy by ATS to keep the traffic flowing. I notice its been a rather slow couple of weeks in regards to thread popularity.

An emotionally charged topic with an intelligence insulting thread title. Nothing ambiguous about that at all. Given that the majority of users on here believe in UFO's imagine how many people will be rushing on here to defend their beliefs and educate this poor individual on his mistaken opinions.

**MODS have been alerted and are looking into this thread and the OP**
edit on 15-1-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

there is NO proof..

it's just ALL evidence ..

add it up in a court of law .. with Eyewittness accounts, pictures, video ....

then you decided..

So 12 jury members decide there are aliens...does that make them real? I guess we can do this with science too...why waste all that time with experiments, trial runs, math... etc... lets dump it in the hands of 12 jury members to make it all factual.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

They have never really taken it to that forum before , would be very interesting to see an actual juries verdict . Winna winna chicken dinna .

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Sorry, there are no Aliens and no UFOs

There is nothing to proof that ...

If the whole point of the thread was to goad UFO-advocates* to get them to point out the better cases (see: 1956 Lakenheath-Bentwaters, 1957 RB-47, 1973 Coyne, 1976 Iran, 1977 Colares, 1980 Hudson Valley mass sighting, 1980 Cash-Landrum, 1986 JAL-1628, 1993 Nellis S-30 footage, 1994 Ruwa Zimbabwe mass sighting, 2008 Stephensville). You should have just asked instead of falsely proclaiming to know the unerring truth of the matter by denouncing the whole thing as "delusion." To give a parallel. Imagine if a student who was taking a survey history course at a university raised his hand and said, "I don't see any proof for any of these claims -- therefore it seems all history is false!" The teacher might attempt to calmly provide a bibliographical reference to archaeological studies and other work to try to show why it isn't false, but if the student just kept saying, "History is false." Well at a certain point the teacher is just going to call campus security.

*note: there's a difference between aliens and UFOs (one does not necessitate the other).
edit on 15-1-2012 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Futurcrat1

I know what you mean. I move from differing viewpoints all the time, but always eventually come back to the same core issues. However, I have the benefit (or see it as a curse sometimes) to have witnessed things first hand to KNOW, not believe, and to have what I saw backed up by all the other reports.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

This is a ridiculous saying, of course absence of evidence is evidence of absence. Its just not proof of absence.

Also there are definitely UFO's if something is to far off to see what it is in the sky its unidentifiable. But that is not proof of visiting aliens or flying saucers. Just because something is unidentified does not mean its unidentifiable.

Also people need to understand probability a bit better if they are going to enter into this kind of argument. It dosent matter how good the odds are that there is alien life out there thats no guaranty that there is. Its only 50/50 if i flip a coin but there is no guaranty its going to be heads or tails on the next flip.

edit on 15-1-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

They're deluded? I don't think so.

Fire in the Sky was on TV last night. I watched a few bits while doing other things on my PC. The part that caught my attention was when the lads were screaming and panicking in their truck. I personally know two completely different sets of people who have had that experience, and more. On top of that I've also had a screaming-like-a-banshee-in-the-car-at-seeing-a-UFO experience myself. Deluded because we want to believe in something? Nah! You just haven't had an experience like that yet.

But you do get the daft blind believers too, so I'll let you off.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by barmyfluid

Hi,

We had a programme on Sky One during the early-to-mid 90's called Sightings, "with Tim White". I used to watch that in my early teens, and alongside Unsolved Myteries "with Robert Stack" they really expanded my mind beyond what was in the local library....

My point is that now, mainstream corporate/commercial TV/News/Media has NO such things to incite or inspire, and I reckon that's why its fashionable to speak the truth, literally, by this means.

Why?

Anything can be discredited, but as they say on the secret society issue; the truth is often hidden in plain sight.

So is the case with the UFO phenomena. The belgian triangle was the most credible photographed/eye-witnessed event, 1995 I think, but the truth could never be known as in that generation since, we've become diverted...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Futurcrat1

The idea of anything being something, and amounting to a belief system, is inbuilt to us as a species, proven so by the way in which we long for a meaning; and im surprised no one has tapped into that style of psy ops.

There was a documentary some years ago, here on British TV, and it said that the initials of some UFO organisation spelt out the first name, or surname initials of different experts to do with that 'field' as it were in the 50's.

I can't remember the name of the organisation, but it knocked me for six when I seen that!!

An irony in a major way, as it validated the notion of a "group" overseeing matters, but indirectly rubbishing the very area of Ufology and related research....

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

There is nothing to proof that aliens are real.We feed our beliefs with false images and false evidence.Until now I didn't see any strong evidence,no alien came on TV an speak to the world,except maybe few politicians.
There is no Material proof for alien presence or alien existence in our galaxy and beyond.

From psychological point of view I think people need it, those who do not believe in God must believe in something and they believe in Aliens.

Mass delusion,

Maybe because is an entire industry that make money from this,and of course mass delusion must be maintained and entertained.

So..blame it on the Aliens.

Maybe is very painful to accept that we are alone in the Universe.

Roswell, Area 51, Phoenix Lights...all of these were mass delusions? I guess they were mass hallucinations too, I guess...

how about we blame them on swamp gas, despite the fact that there was none in the area. After all, as long as we're in the business of crock debunks...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join