It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, there are no Aliens and no UFOs...It's just Mass Delusion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
There is nothing to proof that aliens are real.We feed our beliefs with false images and false evidence.Until now I didn't see any strong evidence,no alien came on TV an speak to the world,except maybe few politicians.
There is no Material proof for alien presence or alien existence in our galaxy and beyond.

From psychological point of view I think people need it, those who do not believe in God must believe in something and they believe in Aliens.

Mass delusion,

Maybe because is an entire industry that make money from this,and of course mass delusion must be maintained and entertained.

So..blame it on the Aliens.

Maybe is very painful to accept that we are alone in the Universe.

Sorry to disappoint you but Aliens are...MASS DELUSION.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

You are the one that is in denial if you really think there is no evidence that we are being visited what so ever. An to say we are alone in the universe, that is just plain IGNORANT!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

Textwe are alone in the universe
Give me just 1(one) proof that is otherwise.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Our entire being is a mass delusion.
Our lives today, are nothing but delusion.

You'll never get proof of aliens until they touch down and tell us straight up, until then, eyewitness reports and testimony is all we'll ever get.

Aliens exist. You can't confirm nor deny this. The universe is infinite as far as we can tell, therefore, infinite possibilities are there to be experienced.

Waiting for scientific proof will take forever, if at all. Perhaps for reasons we cannot fathom, but saying its all delusion is ignorant.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

This thread is not worthy of any response.
Remember, you can't prove a negative.

Oh, you proved that by not supplying one single fact to support your baseless claim.
edit on 15-1-2012 by Aliensun because: Added line

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
You are onto something. You are primed and ready to read Carl Gustav Jung's book "Flying Saucers: A Modern Myth of Things Seen In The Skies".

But here is the curve-ball. Carl Jung believed in what he termed the "collective unconscious". The idea being that the imagination is like a deployed field of energy that all human beings can tap into. Certain groups of people throughout time get downloads from their dreams and ideas/visions that have common themes - or archetypes. So religious imagery is something that is tapped into from the collective unconscious - but it is "real" on some level. See? He postulated that the UFOs are a modern mythology - filtered through our high-tech minds, with the twists on atomic wars and a global civilization ready to move into space. All of the science-fiction around the 1940s and 50s, around the time of the first atomic bomb detonations and the end of World War 2, and all of the fantasies of aliens and spaceships. This is something arising out of the collective unconscious - a new myth. That's why it is so intangible and mercurial and watery.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

You'll never get proof of aliens until they touch down and tell us straight up
If it was to happen it would happen until now, come to be with feet on the ground, there is no proof.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Well for starters you're wrong:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe is very painful to accept that we are alone in the Universe.

I take it you've explored the universe then?

Sorry to disappoint you but Aliens are...MASS DELUSION.

I guess you said it, it must be true.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Like AzureSky said, you wont get proof. But the thousands of reports from Generals, military pilots, civilion pilots, radar operators, astronauts, cosmonauts, doctors and other 'highly credible' people would be a very large start for the evidence you are looking for.

Not to mention some of the videos from NASA missions. Tether Incident ring any bells?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

That's why it is so intangible and mercurial and watery.
You are right and also with no scientific proof,but consciousness must feed with something.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Welp...That settles it then.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by AzureSky

You'll never get proof of aliens until they touch down and tell us straight up
If it was to happen it would happen until now, come to be with feet on the ground, there is no proof.

If you're looking for scientific proof, that is an oxymoron.
Science cannot definitively say that "this is what it is, and this is what it is not",

Its fun to entertain the idea of aliens. But seriously, if i were an extraterrestrial being, i wouldn't want anything to do with the human species, we're too childish and unintelligent to even be looked upon by higher beings. We'd probably just shoot at them.

It may happen, it may never happen. There's no physical proof that we know of. Because 'TPTB' don't want to give us the proof, because it would completely shatter their stranglehold on the human condition. There is no denying the 'roswell' incident, something happened, eyewitness accounts, and various investigations have shown up some 'slight' evidence of a crashed alien craft. But most of what we have is testimony.

Do you expect the government to come out and say "yes, we've been in contact with aliens for 50 years", do you know how mad people would be for being lied to?

The evidence could possibly be there, but its not in our hands.

link   
Who they are, Where they come from, What is their agenda, are all relevant questions,

but the Question of existence has been answered.

Physical proof has been gathered, impeachable testimony has been recorded. Now if you choose not to believe the evidence that is your choice. But lets us identify that ignoring the evidence is a Choice.

I find it extremely small minded and quite arrogant to believe that we are the only beings in the universe.

Even Enoch gives witness to the existence of OTHERS.

link   
Sometimes I want to think it's mass delusion that I myself exist, but, then Rene Descartes pops up and smacks me me in the face.

Maybe I should convert to Solipsism? I'm already Atheist, so, if I am God, yet don't believe in God ...

link   
Our Planet has billions of life forms living in all enviroments from harsh ice, deep sea, caves, EVERYWHERE.
Our galaxy has Billions of stars, all apparently with orbiting planets.
the likelyhood of there being a planet that has at least one of our enviroments is incredibly great.
its more likely that i am james t kirk than there being no life out there.
maybe there is no physiscal proof but you can say that about most things we know today.

And of course UFOs exist, until they're identified.
edit on 15/1/2012 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

link   
Are you saying there is no possibility that ANY life exists beyond this planet, or that ufo's do not exist?

A caveman would once say that life beyond his shore is impossible. You look at this planet and see it for what it is, then look towards the billions of stars, how can you deny LIFE exists elsewhere?

That is sheer arrogance, or religious inadequacy.

Now, are we being visited? I do not know, but there are plenty of fish in the sea, many of which we do not even know exist.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

Well for starters you're wrong: www.abovetopsecret.com...
I read that,thank you,but if that is strong evidence then what are UFOs?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by iksose7

Textwe are alone in the universe
Give me just 1(one) proof that is otherwise.

Here are some links to some publicly released government archives.

www.collectionscanada.gc.ca...
ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk...
www.nsa.gov...

There is a lot of information around with the French and Russian military a lot more open about the topic compared to the US. I know it is a very difficult subject to find certainty and solid answers in but it is quite clear that something is going on. Perhaps we do need to improve our ability to overcome deception and diversions if we are to have any chance and step up to the intergalactic community?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Like someone said this before me, you're ignorant.
I can't believe this. There are tones, no, not tones, dozens pictures, videos that cannot be explained, there are testimonies from ex formers of NSA, CIA, FBI, NASA, and you say there aren't any hard evidence?What really?!

How much ignorant can you be not to see what's really going on?
Is this the 21th century or 19 century?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
science.nasa.gov...

It turns out that roughly 70% of the Universe is dark energy. Dark matter makes up about 25%. The rest - everything on Earth, everything ever observed with all of our instruments, all normal matter - adds up to less than 5% of the Universe. Come to think of it, maybe it shouldn't be called "normal" matter at all, since it is such a small fraction of the Universe.

The scientific method is inherently limited and constrained to materialism - which we can all agree beyond a shadow of a doubt, is only a small fraction of existence.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

Consciousness, of course, is one of the great, unsolved conundrums of modern science. Where, if anywhere, does awareness reside? How, if at all, can it be explained? Is the mind separate from its body? Or does everything, ultimately, reduce to biochemistry and quantum physics, including our private, inner-most experiences of the world?

Do you see what I am trying to say?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join