It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney gives cash to struggling supporter at rally

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Did you read the entire thread?.

I did. I don't believe God had anything to do with it. I also don't think she was a plant.
She came up with a scheme for some money and air time on TV to see if she could get more $$.
Romney gave her some $$$ AND not wasting a good opportunity made sure everyone knew it.

That's just what I see.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Do you believe in agent provacateurs?
I see this as the equivalent of those. These folks who have money, like Romney, can afford to pay people to cause negative or positive actions to sway public opinion. That's what I see.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Here's an updated article with a video of the woman with her son.
abcnews.go.com...

He's certainly not what I expected. I pictured him close to a vegetative state. Glad to see he's recovered quite well.

The article also states this:

According to Williams, she followed the campaign bus to the Columbia airport on Wednesday, the same day Romney was arriving from New Hampshire. When Romney wasn’t on the bus, aides told her to go to the rally scheduled in Columbia later that day. When she showed up, Romney found her to say hello and pulled over South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley to say “hello” too.

So, now the story is that he seeked her out to say 'hello' and not that he recognized her in the crowd.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

So the Treasurer for the SC office paid her light bill for her, and then Romney gave her an additional $50 or $60 cash?

Williams, who would not specify how much money Romney gave her, said also that South Carolina Treasurer Curtis Loftis paid her light bill on Thursday. A spokesman for Loftis, one of Romney’s major endorses in the state, confirmed to ABC News that he paid Williams’ bill. While Loftis didn’t know the amount of the bill, he confirmed that he gave her $150.

Still seems odd to me. Why would they do that?

Also, she says she doesn't have a refrigerator or anything, and she works 2 other jobs.

I wonder where Romney will be next month when the bill comes again, like it always does!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Isn't giving potential voters money considered vote buying? I thought stuff like this was illegal.

Then again, he's the front runner and the press' anointed one. I'm sure nothing will be done to investigate the legal issues surrounding this incident, staged or not.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Romney gives cash to struggling supporter at rally?

Joker dumps money on crowd:
"Huba hubba hubba! Who do you trust, who do you trust!?"
The Batty Ron Paul, or the man with the money?

edit on 1/15/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: trust

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Didn't Bush's $300 tax credit check arrive in September of that year? Just before election time? I can't remember if it was an election year or not, I just remember getting $600 for my wife and I in September. Always seemed very odd to me that the government would just up and send a check unsolicited? Something dirty about it.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I work for an electric utility and we can't shut people off if it is going to get below freezing

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I remember people complaining about the timing of the payoffs when it happened and how it could influence people's votes getting that money from the Bush program right before they went to the polls.

Of course, there's a difference between a gubment program being timed to hand out money "just coincidentally"
before voting day, and taking the money right out of your pocket to buy a voter here and there.

How many people doubt that Romney just guaranteed this woman's vote with his pocket change? How many other voters do you think he's bought like this?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
So, Goldman Sachs steals billions of dollars from the US taxpayers, gives a hefty chunk in the millions to Romney for his campaign, and 1 woman from South Carolina who vowed to vote for him gets 50 bucks. Wow, what a real class act this guy is. He sure loves the American people!

Yeah, this is a contrived, political bs stunt. There's no two ways around it. But I bet the msm will be all over this for the next week, and people will eat it up. What a shame.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Oh God.... Really? It never ceases to amaze me how politicians attempt to razzle-dazzle the populace. Anyone who can't see that this is blatantly contrived is out of their head. And EVEN IF, this was 100% real, acts of love and kindness are only worth their merits when you DON'T USE THEM TO FORWARD YOUR OWN AGENDA.

I'll bet a million bucks though, that as soon as people read the line, "God told me to pray for Romney." about 100,000 Christians changed their vote. Such is the power of the media; manipulation of faith.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Weak sauce robot romney. Is the guy convincing with anything? Nope.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
If this is a PR stunt, I can only hope that people descend on him asking for money. Either he keeps it up and throws cash around, or he turns people away and it backfires with a flurry of bad coverage.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

reply to post by StealthyKat

Yeah.
I find it strange that this woman only needed $50-$60 to get her electricity back on. My bill is usually around $107 and is budgetted. Maybe G_d told Mitt how much money to have in his pocket that day?

You can be one month behind on your utilities for quite a few months until they tell you to pay up or else. It's usually upwards around $200 by then.

Damn you!! :-P Over here in Australia, my electricity bill is EASILY $6-700 every 3 months. And we just copped yet another 10% price hike this month! Man, I wish I was still living in America sometimes (not often now honestly...)!

On topic,
Obvious troll is obvious!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Here's some of your money back that I stole when I had you fired!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Thanks for adding that video. What a piece of trash he is!
He is certainly more interested in corporations than the little guy.
We already know how much he gives to corporations. America would continue the downward spiral with him as POTUS.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The guy, as well as other 'typical' politician types, couldn't care less for this women or ANYONE else struggling for that matter.

Besides, the republicans and conservatives all think that a person who is struggling with finances is just a "lazy good-for-nothing bum".

Orchestrated event.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Thanks for adding that video. What a piece of trash he is!
He is certainly more interested in corporations than the little guy.
We already know how much he gives to corporations. America would continue the downward spiral with him as POTUS.

This guy IS part of the problem, it's WELL documented. Intimate with Lehman bro's, Wallstreet, and fired 10's of thousands to make bain capital as rich as it is, with no thought to workers or conservative growth. Which is why he is the WORST choice EVER for president. The worst choice EVER for ANYTHING! Obama is doing a bad job, but is 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 X better than Romney, and they both play for the same team.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Mits got 90 mil, how come he didnt fork her over 5 or 10 k. to him thats like 50cent

you know its just a pony show at the kiddy circus

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetnlow
Mits got 90 mil, how come he didnt fork her over 5 or 10 k. to him thats like 50cent

you know its just a pony show at the kiddy circus

Actually "Mitt" is closer to 250 million in net worth, but he probably has alot more socked away somewhere...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join