It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

very intresting painting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
hi all,

i'd like to share something that i know little of regarding a certain painting in my house,

I've always close to people who are into the paranormal activity and talking to the dead,tarrot reading ect
I've heard of so many storys from maturer older people than me, my mum being one, and my friends mum being another, i cant say i have seen anything myslef however but i do believe it.

So back on topic lol,

I have this painting hanging on my wall at the top of the stair's, It was left here by my father and his wife when they moved away all i know of this painting, My dad saw it in a second hand shop and immediatly felt he wanted it, So his wife bought it and placed it on the landing right infront of you at the top of the stairs, However she didnt like it and my father worked away for long periods and after a while she dicided to let it go because it "freaked here out" just by looking at it?, (also reports of the smell of a smoking pipe) So my father agreed, Many people used to comment on this painting it isnt big but always catches your eye, So she found somebody who wanted it and took off the wall and left it in the hallway so the next day she does'nt forget it on the way to work, Once she got into bed and tryed to go to sleep she claims to have felt something watching her almost, She didnt like the feeling and for some reason had this down to the painting being removed. So decide to go and put it back up, It stayed there and is still there now,

So with me knowing this and MY mum still being around at this time when she came round we decided to take this picture down and have a good look front,back, inside and out, The picture is of a militray man who seems very dappa in uniform i want to say he's a captian or close to this, We noticed how old it must have been with the fact the picture is held in via black headless tack like nails, Once we took the nails out and the backboard came off it turns out on the backside of this black and white painting of a man is a colour painted landscape with a boat in the lake,pond, almost like a private boat nothing big or military like. There is a name but it's very hard to see the full name and there is also writting on the boat, My mum decided to take pictures and notes and inbetween being ill she tryed to find out more of this picture, but ended up passing details onto somebody on a site which im not sure off and it got left there as my mum became very ill by this point. I've not botherd with it since other than the odd curse or hello as i walk past, I'm due to move in 5 weeks and im wondering if to take it or not?.

I will upload picture's if intrest is shown in the matter, With me knowing quiet alot of stuff regarding paranormal stuff i'm at a loss as what to do, because i know really i should leave something that is settled but i know at the last minute i will grab it and lock the door and end up with in my new home, something else that im concidering is the fact i've had nothing but bad luck since i moved into this house, My mum threatend the sailer to look after my kids the next day my 2 year old son fell down the stairs while i was unpacking, my mum went on to die, my nan died 6 months later, my relationship has taken sevral turns up n down, my kids sleeping pattern has being up and down the behaviour, There dreams and midnight dashes into my room, cat has frequent bursts of, on edge running up and down the stairs, wide eyed and stuff, bulb's blowing, and on 1 occasion me and my partners eldest lad on 2 seprate days woke up with strange scratch like marks on our arms and back.

i cant pinpoint any of this to the painting but i know these are things to look out for, but i've been in this house for 4/5 years now so it could just be normal events.

thought i would share this story with you all and see if i can get a few hands to help work this little puzzle out or maybe put this to rest.

thanks intutiive.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
yes - please

let's see the photos.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
If I had a feeling that a painting was responsible for a string of bad luck I would burn it.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Agreed. Then douse the ashes in gasoline, and burn those. too.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I would love to see the photos and, hopefully, help you with this predicament. I am always interested in the idea of "cursed/haunted" objects.
Thank you for this topic
~Mordok9

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
If you feel it is the picture that causes your bad luck but you like the look of it, you could try and 'deactivate' it. It is up to you how you go about it. It has to involve protection of you and your family plus the deactivation of whatever you believe causes mayhem. This may sound stupid but a good anti-spell is saying three times "Toad". Its an old German anti-curse spell and the word is originally "Kroete" but I assume saying it in English works just as well. It has worked for me for years. Then maybe tell the picture to stop because you are not playing any longer. You are in charge here. Don't let your negative feelings be used.
On the other hand, I once had a god statue from Burma which I blamed for a lot and just chucked it, after deactivation. I don't think it was the statue's fault though but whilst I liked it at first, it reminded me of not so nice stuff so it had to go.

During the summer of 2011 we had a lot of not so nice stuff happen to us but once I pulled myself up and started to sort out things, it got better.
I think its entirely up to you. Make the picture obey you and show it whose boss or chuck it. either way I wish you all the best!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by intuitive

There was a show like this on "A Haunting" on Discovery channel once. You might want to watch it... or then again, you might not, lol. It was pretty creepy. If you're used to the paranormal, it may not bother you though. I can't remember what the particular episode was called, but I do know the pic was of a soldier.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
sorry guys had to take the pictures ect, problem is how do i get the pictures up in here now? lol

sorry for the wait. thanks for any help

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

If you don't want the picture anymore I'll take it!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
i solved the issue through ats upload,

this time net year i might know my way around this place. lol
edit on 15-1-2012 by intuitive because: problem solved

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If the painting causes unease (for ANY reason-- paranormal or otherwise) get rid of it. Why would you not?

If you like the painting but not the sense of there being something eerily "more" about it, a mild exorcism could help-- but the means to do so, and the safety in doing so, depends on your spiritual circumstances.

If you know a priest-- (Anglican or Catholic-- I'm guessing?) invite him to come over to do that and a house blessing.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

On the one hand, if the painting has that neat feeling that draws people to it, then you should definitely display it!

On the other hand, even though I don't believe the painting has anything to do with your bad luck, if you think it might, then your feelings are empowering it, and you will probably to continue to have bad things happen, and you should get rid of it in order to move on more happily.

Remember though, this is all your doing, not the paintings, but if you can project onto the painting, and use it as a catharsis, and get rid of it, move to the new place, and start anew, then by all means take advantage of the opportunity!

Hell, put your story on Ebay, and sell it as a "Haunted Painting" and it is liable to bring a decent sale price and help to pay for your move!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

this is the back,

this is the front main picture,

this is the gentlemen in question after removing back and frame, seems to be on a fabric that somebody has decided to stick to some sort of thin plyboard.

this is the badge on his hat? i assume a sailor of some kind?

and this is on the back of the back board with the brown paper on that faces inwards, it has a date of 1957 but the name is hard to read, i will try and copy it by hand on paper and then upload pic so its easier to work out later, this picture i doubt has anything to do with the sailer but strange to find them 2 together.

what do you think?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
No more scary or paranormal than hearing a flattened fifth, in my opinion. The way we see something we view as disconcordant can have a disturbing psychological effect, particularly in facial patterns, for example a stern look, or a wide-eyed predatory stare.

In my opinion, luck is what you make it and there's probably nothing paranormal about this.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

If Royal Navy-- and those are two stripes and a gold ring (swirl) on his sleeves, then the man is a Lieutenant.

I like the boat picture.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Thanks for the pics!

Do you think it's possible that someone had the picture of the boat already in the frame and then upon acquiring the pic of the man, decided to put the pic of him in the frame and just left the boat pic in there for the heck of it? I've done such things before, lol. Just left the original pic behind the new pic in the frame, so I wouldn't have to find another place to put it.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frira

If Royal Navy-- and those are two stripes and a gold ring (swirl) on his sleeves, then the man is a Lieutenant.

I like the boat picture.

Hi, Thanks for your help regarding his ranking
much appriciated

Originally posted by gemineye

Thanks for the pics!

Do you think it's possible that someone had the picture of the boat already in the frame and then upon acquiring the pic of the man, decided to put the pic of him in the frame and just left the boat pic in there for the heck of it? I've done such things before, lol. Just left the original pic behind the new pic in the frame, so I wouldn't have to find another place to put it.

Oh no doubt it certainly makes sense, i just could'nt help but be intrested as to if they where somehow connected then could i use the boat's name to maybe trace the guy in the picture ect, but the name on the boat is also really hard decipher aswell, so it's a bit of an ache

lol

so im still no further, how would you guy's go about trying to find out who the man is or the painter ect ?

P.S Sorry i've not managed to get a copy written name on paper yet, will definately do it later today

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
normally people are not compelled hanging picture portraits of unknown people on their walls.
It was odd to even want to buy this picture and then hang it on your wall. I give props to your father for being different.

Also in picture framing, frames require a backing, normally it is cardboard.
The original owner of the picture probably had this frame with the boat then put their relatives portrait in the frame since the frame was the correct size and instead of cardboard the old picture was used for a sturdy backing.

If it were me, I keep the boat picture and then sell the portrait picture to someone who wants to carry on the paranormal tradition with the portrait.

new topics

top topics

join