It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Nigel Farage rant - EU Parliament

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Wow WTG Farage! This reminds me of George Galloway's rant at the US Senate. The difference being of course that Farage is a part of the gravy train he is slamming. That's the bit I have trouble getting my head round. Otherwise he told it exactly as it is.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
Wow WTG Farage! This reminds me of George Galloway's rant at the US Senate. The difference being of course that Farage is a part of the gravy train he is slamming. That's the bit I have trouble getting my head round. Otherwise he told it exactly as it is.

I just watched Galloway at the Senate..

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
Well he's not anti-german but anti-Merkel.
Which can't be a bad thing since Merkozy (Merkel-Sarkozy) are trying to dominate Europe

Fair enough.
It sounded a little like Farage beat the old "You can't trust the Germans!" drum to me.
Mrs Merkel is a coin with two sides for us.
On the one side she enjoys high popularity as our Chancellor for her overall good record of internal German politics but, on the other side, doubt about her foreign and EU policies is growing.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I love Nigel.
Watched most of his speeches, including this one.
One thing he has in common with Ron Paul is that the MSM treat him the same way in the UK.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Farage expresses what the vast majority of Brits think and feel about the EU.
He also seems to be an effective and humourous public speaker.

But he is very much a one-trick pony.

Take away his stance on the EU and he has very little of substance to say and is a typical Tory.

There's something about him too.... he just seems arrogant and annoying.

Although I do agree with him on a lot.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Farage expresses what the vast majority of Brits think and feel about the EU.
He also seems to be an effective and humourous public speaker.

But he is very much a one-trick pony.

Take away his stance on the EU and he has very little of substance to say and is a typical Tory.

There's something about him too.... he just seems arrogant and annoying.

Although I do agree with him on a lot.

Annoying to Olli Rehn & Co.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Geofrey Bloom got some good points too now and then, here he address the global warming hoax.

Here he talks about demolishing the central banks, sounds like decent ideas to me.

No doubt Nigel Farage is the most fun to listen too but both he and Bloom talks another language than your regular poletician. (Is Bloom still active?)

edit on 20-1-2012 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

Thanks for the vids!!

I dont know if he's still active, but he had some great points!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Godfrey Bloom is MEP for Yorkshire and the Humber and is very much still active.

en.wikipedia.org...

Like Farage, Bloom and the UKIP Party as a whole are very much just anti-EU Tories.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Hellas

Godfrey Bloom is MEP for Yorkshire and the Humber and is very much still active.

en.wikipedia.org...

Like Farage, Bloom and the UKIP Party as a whole are very much just anti-EU Tories.

Well they also tend more towards economic liberalism than even the Tories do.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Can I draw your attention to this article on the EU?
Not so much the article but the comments below - particularly the one from 'Boudicca'.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Here is the lady's quote, for fear it should be lost. Wonderful words. Who could disagree with what she says ?

The single currency was always a political project. It was intended to be the glue that bound the members states of the EU together and make it impossible for them to leave. Thus the EU would achieve its intended United States of Europe, one step at a time, as was always planned. First currency union; then fiscal union and finally complete political union. If the single currency fails the project will fail - which is why the EU (Merkozy) will beggar the peoples of Europe in order to retain their vision of a centralised, all-powerful state called Europe. The EU's goal is stated in the new EU Visitors Centre: "National sovereignty is the root cause of the most crying evils of our time," says a quote, in English, on one wall of the exhibition. The only final remedy for this supreme and catastrophic evil is a federal union of the peoples." The federal union is being achieved without the consent of the peoples of Europe. The single currency is destroying their democracies and sooner or later the demonstrations and riots taking in place will spread across the PIGS. The EU and its obsession with retaining the Euro is bringing war to Europe. In the UK, we are paying £50 million per day to an organisation that believes that national sovereignty is 'evil' and whose stated intention is the destruction of democratic nation states. WHY did we bother fighting WW2?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

Thank you lebomb. This deserved to be singled out.
Of course I'm old enough to remember when the monstrous entity that is the EU was sold to us in the UK as 'The Common Market' - little more than a trade alliance.
edit on 29-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This is from today!!!

GO FARAGE!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
My man!!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Today's speech with a little Twist

Determined but Delusional Eurocrats "Carry On Up The Khyber"

Transcript:
Well, you're back Mr Van Rompuy, another two and half years. No doubt a reward for your great success. Indeed, listening to you I thought perhaps I had got it all wrong.

You talked about how positive the last Council meeting had been - that we've reached the turning point, that everything is going swimmingly. I was beginning to believe it.

But then I realised you did not mention the D word- default. No, that cannot be talked about. We pretend there has not been a default. Well, we know in fact in Greece last week there was a very major credit event.

And indeed, listening to all of you this morning, reminds me of the British comedy classic, 'Carry On up the Khyber' where the colonial English go on having dinner, ignoring the fact that impending disaster is all around them. You are determined but delusional in this attempt to keep the Euro propped up.

And whilst you're enjoying your dinner, incoming shells are landing all around you. Youth unemployment in Greece went through 50 per cent last week. That's fine, carry on, serve the main course.

And you will have seen yesterday that 110 German holders of Greek bonds are going to take legal action against the banks and against the Greek Government. But don't worry chaps, carry on, everything is going to be fine.

But perhaps the biggest bombshell is the German Finance Minister saying just yesterday nobody can exclude a third bailout. Pass the port. Do enjoy the party.

I mean this is a farcical situation. And why is it happening? That's what people in Europe want to know. Why is this happening?

Is this being done to help Greece? No, it is going to crucify Greece.

It is being done to prop up a failing project because you know that once Greece goes, others will go as well.

And some of the language! Mr Barroso, when leaders stand up and say that political moves are irreversible, history has one lesson. You are always, always going to be proved to be wrong.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Any excuse to have chuckle over this.

I'm Backing Britain too!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
'Bailouts' are a means for total subjugation and EU control

• European Parliament, Strasbourg, 23 October 2012

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

Germans pay a lot for the EU (~€ 22 billion solely for the EFSF annually!) and we are not exactly loved for it... the moment Germans have to pay more for the Euro than we get out of it this will no longer be justifiable to the public.
I read somewhere that what Germany pays in close to 75% flows back eventually to them. The borders are wide open to them to enter markets and invest. Invest they do, banks, electricity, auto and retail come immediately to mind. Those profits leave right back to Germany.

I wonder in what kind of world everyone who invests is a winner. Planet Ponzi

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

This man can well be my next new hero... away with diplomacy and careful chosen words. Away with thinking about having friends for upgrading your carreer.

This man should be very much appreciated and considered a trend-setter in getting a message across in politics. Say it as it is, don't be afraid to 'hurt' someone, express your discontent and make sure there is no way your thoughts will be misunderstood.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join