learn more

Best Nigel Farage rant - EU Parliament

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
This is one of the best speeches at the European Parliament about the puppet Governments in Greece and Italy.

Speaker: Nigel Farage MEP, UKIP, Co-President of the EFD Group in the European Parliament (Europe of Freedom and Democracy)

For those who can't watch the Video here is the Transcript:

Transcript:

"Here we are on the edge of a financial and social disaster and in the room today we have the four men who are supposed to be responsible. And yet we have listened to the dullest most, technocratic speeches I've ever heard.

You are all in denial. By any objective measure the euro is a failure. And who exactly is responsible, who is in charge out of all you lot? The answer is none of you because none of you have been elected; none of you have any democratic legitimacy for the roles you currently hold within this crisis.

And into this vacuum, albeit reluctantly, has stepped Angela Merkel. And we are now living in a German-dominated Europe - something that the European project was actually supposed to stop. Something that those who went before us actually paid a heavy price in blood to prevent. I don't want to live in a German-dominated Europe and nor do the citizens of Europe.

But you guys have played a role, because when Mr Papandreou got up and used the word 'referendum' - or Mr Rehn, you described it as 'a breach of confidence', and your friends here got together like a pack of hyenas, rounded on Papandreou, had him removed and replaced by a puppet Government. What an absolutely disgusting spectacle that was.

And not satisfied with that, you decided that Berlesconi had to go. So he was removed and replaced by Mr Monti, a former European Commissioner, a fellow architect of this Euro disaster and a man who wasn't even a member of parliament.

It's getting like an Agatha Christie novel, where we're trying to work out who is the next person that's going to be bumped off. The difference is, we know who the villains are. You should all be held accountable for what you've done. You should all be fired.

And I have to say, Mr Van Rompuy. 18 months ago when we first met, I was wrong about you. I said you would be the quiet assassin of nation states' democracy, but not anymore, you are rather noisy about it aren't you. You, an unelected man, went to Italy and said, 'This is not the time for elections but the time for actions'. What in God's name gives you the right to say that to the Italian people

Source

Finally some one who has the guts to say it like it is and to point at the right people. I wish we had more politicians like this to step forward and get rid of the scum.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
In reading the EU constitution it does read more like a corporation than a political union. National governments are resigned to little more than public surveys for the EU commission to consider. There is a lot of political, legal and military will keeping the EU together, but this is not unlimited and too much mismanagement and stress will shatter the EU. The EU directors also have a lot of power in deciding any changes to the EU operating policies and systems.

I can understand that there is a lot of frustration within national governments as their power and control is being superseded by the EU.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
i've already seen this but loved watching it again.
Nigel Farage has never been scared to speak against the EU and Euro.
VOTE UKIP.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
i've already seen this but loved watching it again.
Nigel Farage has never been scared to speak against the EU and Euro.
VOTE UKIP.

Nigel stands up and everybody else goes quiet..

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

lol yeah, he reminds me of a geography teacher that just caught someone smoking in school.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I wish we had somebody like that, too!!

But he seems to be one of the last mohicans along with Ron Paul

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Nigel farage is no super politician, he is just what a politician should be. He just speaks what his voters are thinking. That is how politics is supposed to work.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I love this guy, there are plenty of his class remarks to euro members..

he is the first one to say i hope all this euro stuff fails badly, even though he would in fact lose his job..

Brilliant!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Wont be long before he has another plane crash no doubt. Hes becomming a real big thorn in thier side.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Wont be long before he has another plane crash no doubt. Hes becomming a real big thorn in thier side.

I certainly hope that wont happen

He's a truly modern revolutionist!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaChOMaNuGGeT
I love this guy, there are plenty of his class remarks to euro members..

he is the first one to say i hope all this euro stuff fails badly, even though he would in fact lose his job..

Brilliant!

Oh it will fail badly. Today a german politician said it would be a good idea to leave the Euro.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Mr. Farage is a great man, and he has the courage to speak out.
As a poster above wrote, Nigel Farage and Ron Paul are perhaps the only politicians around today who have the guts to speak out.

However, to understand the name of the game you need to follow the money.

Who prints the Euro?
The European Central Bank.

Who are the owners of the European Central Bank?

The Central Bank of Germany …..22%
The Central Bank of France ….....16%
The Central Bank of Italy …........15%

and so on.

And who are the owners of these National Central Banks?

Other big private banks, whose ownership in the end, leads to the Rothschilds and a few other allies of them.

The same game is in the US.
Who prints the dollars?
The Federal Reserve, that had been granted the exclusive right (illegal and unconstitutional) to print the dollars, back in 1913.

Who are the owners of the Federal Reserve?
The Rockefellers, the Rothschilds, the Morgans and the Warburgs.

Not to mention the BIS – Bank of International Settlements, in Basel, Switzerland...

The Presidents, Prime Ministers, Ministers of the Treasury of these countries are just puppets,
servants to the above mentioned masters.

Papademos in Greece, Monti and Passera in Italy, Obama and Timothy Geithner in the US, and so on...
just puppets.

(Who is Timothy Geithner, by the way? He is the former President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York ...)
edit on 15-1-2012 by HeywoodFloyd because: format

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
Oh it will fail badly. Today a german politician said it would be a good idea to leave the Euro.

There are more and more anti-centralist voices speaking out against the Euro lately.

Berlin (dpa) 15.01.2012 -
Linde CEO Dr. Wolfgang Reitzle today said Germany has to consider withdrawal from the Euro.
Although restauration of the Euro could succeed, he doubts that "saving the euro is worth all costs", says Dr. Reitzle.
"If the other countries fail to show the reason and discipline needed, Germany must leave the Euro and return to its own currency.[...] If we leave now, Germany would still come out ahead 5 years from now, fully consolidated and even stronger", says Dr. Reitzle.
Germans pay a lot for the EU (~€ 22 billion solely for the EFSF annually!) and we are not exactly loved for it... the moment Germans have to pay more for the Euro than we get out of it this will no longer be justifiable to the public.

I support Nigel Farage's stance on the topic, I only wish he would drop the anti-German rhetoric.
I'm not sure whether he knows how much positive response his position has here in Germany.
edit on 15-1-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Yeah, like the government of Berlusconi was a credit to Italy and the country hadn't become a laughing stock! That man ruined the Italian economy, maintained a stranglehold over the media with control of state television and with his own private tv channels and thought nothing about (allegedly) having sex with underage girls

Farage's (old) speech was a good one, but while he took his opportunity to look like a brave David against Goliath. In reality what he did wasn't brave at all, he is doing what his party expects him to do and better still he is doing what he thinks will win his party votes in future UK elections. He is in a win-win situation and the bigger the crisis in EU economies the happier he will be.

Thats not to say that when you watch this you can't help agreeing with him. Of course he's right that these faceless EU bureacrats are fiddling whilst Rome burns, of course they look out of touch with ordinary people, of course there is a democratic deficit. And of course the EU is continuing to make mistake after mistake concerning sorting out the economic mess caused by the recession, including the Euro crisis.

But the fact that the EU is wrong does not automatically mean that Farage is right.

edit on 15-1-2012 by freethinker123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The looks on the faces of the folks he is calling out are priceless.

I admit that I do not know much about British politics, but having watched several speeches by Mr. Farage, I have a lot of respect for the man. And for anyone who stands up to the BS that is so common in politics.

As others have mentioned, he and Ron Paul are a rare breed, and it is heartening to see politicians who are truly representing the people, and who have no qualms about speaking the truth. Much respect to Mr. Farage.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Europe's democratic state is slowly being destroyed.. By greedy politcians such as Barroso, Van Rumpoy and Martin Schulz just to name a few.

If you rob people of their identity, their democracy.. all people are left with is nationalism and violence!

This statement holds true as we all know the amount of violence that has already happened in places like Tunisia, Egypt, Lybia and Greece. Even the UK & US are beginning to realise what's really happening!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Mr Farage is a great speaker, and a good politician. Like all good politicians, he has been fleecing the taxpayer for years, 10 years as it goes, to the tune of £2,000,000. Still trust this man with the future of our nation? He is up to his neck in it, lining his pockets at our expense, and is not fit to represent us.

I do apologise for having to use the Guardian as a source,

www.guardian.co.uk...

That is a great shame, because I thought that with UKIP we had a political party we could rely on.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

which is why they tried to kill him in a plane crash.

I'm no UKIP supporter, but Farage has my respect as the only person I've ever seen (from the UK) giving it to those who need to be told. All of what he says will fall on deaf ears, but that's becasue the system is so utterly corrupted, that anyone with any common sense at all, is drowned out.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious

I support Nigel Farage's stance on the topic, I only wish he would drop the anti-German rhetoric.
I'm not sure whether he knows how much positive response his position has here in Germany.
edit on 15-1-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

Well he's not anti-german but anti-Merkel.
Which can't be a bad thing since Merkozy (Merkel-Sarkozy) are trying to dominate Europe

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Farage expresses what the vast majority of Brits think and feel about the EU.
He also seems to be an effective and humourous public speaker.

But he is very much a one-trick pony.

Take away his stance on the EU and he has very little of substance to say and is a typical Tory.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join