It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Horse Mutilations - What's Going On?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
There have been a couple of rather disturbing animal mutilation cases in the UK recently, both involving the deaths of horses.

One occurred in Carmarthen, Wales, on Jan 5th, and one in Cornwall, England on Jan 8th/9th.

Here are news reports of the two cases:
Horse and Hound report of Case1
BBC report of Case 2

This next article links the two killings together, and speculates that there may be a “satanic” link.

Article linking the two cases from Dailymail

Although it is suggested that they may be linked to a satanic festival “St Winebolds Day”, neither attack actually took place on that date (7th Jan), and there is serious doubt as to whether that date even holds any significance to Satanists at all.

Strangely, police are now apparently saying that the horse in the Carmarthen case died of natural causes???

See this BBC article here

They are NOT carrying out a criminal investigation, even though “Both of his eyes had been gouged out, his stomach slit open, an ear cut off and his genitals removed.” Earlier reports also suggested that the horses’ mouth had been “slit” and that his internal organs had been removed.

Is it just me?

How does a horse, who has died of “natural causes” (at the age of 7??) sustain all of these injuries, in a country where there are no large predators to speak of?
How does it get cut open? (The owner described it as being slit open all along the stomach “like with a very sharp knife”.)

Are the authorities saying that the animal died naturally, then on the exact same night a passer by happened to notice that it was dead... and decided to open it up, remove its internal organs, its lips, its ears, its genitals etc? And that this is not an offense under UK law?
Or that some scavenging animal (fox? Rats?) did this? Cutting the stomach open and removing organs... slicing the ears off etc??

Does this make any sense to you guys?

The description of the removal of eyes, ears, internal organs, genitals etc reminded me very much of the cattle mutilation cases which were being reported over the last few years.
(Although referred to as “cattle mutilations” many attacks also occurred on other animals including horses.)

According to Wikipedia, the “typical” traits of these cattle mutilation cases are:

“The removal of eyes, udders and sexual organs very cleanly with surgical precision. The removal of the anus to a depth of around 12 inches similar in appearance to surgical coring. The removal of the lips and/or tongue deeply cut out from the throat. The removal of one ear. The removal of major organs (such as heart or liver) with no obvious entry/excision marks. Often, if the heart is missing, apart from no excision wound, the Pericardium will still be present and intact, with the heart missing. The stripping of hide and flesh from the jaw and the area directly beneath the ear to the bone. The removal of soft organs from the lower body. The presence of incisions and cuts across the body that appear to have been made by a surgical instrument. Unexplained damage to remaining organs, but no sign of damage to the surrounding area. A lack of predation signs (including teethmarks, tearing of the skin or flesh, or animal footprints) on or around the carcass. Lack of obvious scavenging. In many cases, a draining of the majority of blood from the animal. What blood is left exhibits color anomalies and may not coagulate for days. The animal will appear 'dumped' or dropped in a secluded area, with no animal, human or vehicle track(s) leading to or from the site. Some have been found draped over fences or in treetops. The ground under the animal appears depressed, as if the animal was dropped on the site from a height leaving an impact crater. The animal's bones found to be fractured with injuries consistent with being dropped. Strange marks/holes in the ground around the carcass. Other cattle avoid the carcass and the area where it's found. Eyewitness reports of aerial objects in the vicinity of cattle at the time of an animal going missing”

There are definitely quite a few similarities between that list and these two horse mutilation cases, although some points do seem to be at odds (e.g. lots of blood at the scene instead of blood being drained).

It’s all very confusing.

I find it hard to believe that the authorities aren’t investigating this further, unless of course, they know EXACTLY what’s going on?

I don’t think that it’s “natural causes” or “satanic rituals” personally.

What does the ATS community think?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

People always seem to jump to the Satanist connection with things like this.
Sure it’s possible but it could be any old sicko with a knife.
If the mutilations are as precise as described it’s clearly a person.. Let’s just hope if there is another horse that it gives them a big kick in the groin.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTooLong

People always seem to jump to the Satanist connection with things like this.
Sure it’s possible but it could be any old sicko with a knife.
If the mutilations are as precise as described it’s clearly a person.. Let’s just hope if there is another horse that it gives them a big kick in the groin.

Absolutely!
Is it just some random nutjobs then?
or is there some point to the mutilations being done?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Horse mutilations in the UK have a long history - police always put it down to sicko's and Satanism, but they have never caught anyone.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

I doubt there is any purpose.. It seems no different to me then say a serial killer, firebug or things of that nature.
Probably just doing it for the thrill or something.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Unfortunately its not that uncommon there are some very sick people out there.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
The cattle 'mutilations' are most proably military testing for radiation fallout & exposure from various tests etc, so this could possibly be inline with that.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
Horse mutilations in the UK have a long history - police always put it down to sicko's and Satanism, but they have never caught anyone.

You seem to know something about this Mr errr, what did you say your name is?
When you say they never caught anyone do you mean they never caught you?

Seriously, yes, there is a long history, perhaps a very long history of this in the U.K. Twenty years ago I was told by someone in the know that there was a complete media blackout on horse mutilations in Devon and Cornwall. The big mystery was how they got the horses to stand still and how it was done without noise. Some of the horses were in stables close to houses.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kester

One of the articles that I looked at in relation to these horse mutilations (can't remember if it was one that I linked to) said that there were two "puncture marks" on the horses neck. They were speculating that the horse had been "tasered" to stun it prior to the attack, but surely a taser wouldn't leave puncture marks visible on a horse??

Did anyone read about the human mutilation case from Brazil?

Same MO as these horse/cattle ones... missing eye, ear, genitals, rectum etc
But, because it was a human victim, a post mortem exam was carried out, and they discovered that he died of heart failure brought on by EXTREME PAIN. They did the procedures whilst the guy was STILL ALIVE. He basically died of shock from the pain.

I'll try and find a link...

Here it is, but PLEASE NOTE IT CONTAINS SOME VERY GRAPHIC IMAGES OF THE MANS' REMAINS.
(Please use extreme discretion when deciding whether to view this)
LINK to Human Mutilation Case VERY GRAPHIC

This human case has been "dismissed" as a hoax, but this is not strictly true.
The man was definitely killed by removing his eye, ear, rectum, genitals etc

The majority of people think that the case is unrelated to the cattle mutilations, and that it was done as some kind of revenge killing, but that part of the "story" has been expanded to imply that the whole episode was hoaxed.
It was not.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gordi The Drummer
reply to post by Kester

One of the articles that I looked at in relation to these horse mutilations (can't remember if it was one that I linked to) said that there were two "puncture marks" on the horses neck. They were speculating that the horse had been "tasered" to stun it prior to the attack, but surely a taser wouldn't leave puncture marks visible on a horse??

It could have been a home made stun weapon with prongs. Horses can move faster than a human can process thought. Barbed prongs could keep the connection long enough to have the desired effect.

As for the rest of it.... I bet those investigators had a few interesting dreams.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This happened where i live in the UK south west. If it is being done by one sicko hes being pretty careful not to get caught as its been going on for many years now.

Traveling salesman maybe or some kind of workman? There have been serial killers in the past that have gotten away with it for many years because they were always on the move with whatever job they did.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Release Title: Horse Mutilation in Cornwall
Download link for Audios:
www.adrive.com...
Released: April 19, 2012
(if anyone will have problems with download link, don’t hesitate to ask for help)

Please note: Without archiving and clipping process, these audios would be lost forever. The purpose of this collection is not to provide any speculations but to provide data and facts for further research and future generations.

Horse Mutilation in Corwall was reported on January 10, 2012 on BBC Radio Cornwall and media wave lasted for 4 days. I learned about the incident on that same day so I was ready from the beginning to archive all radio shows of that station like with my previous audio releases. It was a perfect opportunity to preserve the pattern of the animal mutilation phenomenon, reactions of the local community and journalistic coverage. Reactions on Facebook, Twitter and over radio from the local community had been extremely intensive (all are archived in this set). Even the investigating officer Inspector Chris Strickland commented in BBC article that he had received more calls from the public about this case than any other in his 24 years as a policeman (interviews with Strickland are also available within many audios). With these audios, listeners will be able to follow from day to day statements from the police about progress of the investigation. Host Laurence Reed even devoted promo of his show to the amazing call of the 8-year old Maddy that organized sponsored ride to raise money for horses that need help (this is a must listen to audio - it is from a Laurence Reed show aired on January 12. That portion starts from 19.29 minute into the audio).

On January 24, 2012, BBC published an article were it was stated that police have drawn a blank in their investigation of the mutilated horse in a Cornwall field.

Background of the case and other cases from January 2012 is available here (add tinyurl prefix):
/cyj7784
/7caglao
/cpnfsro
/bux2f7p
/cvw8uav

After more than 3 months I finally finished the extraction of audio clips. Now they are preserved for the historical record and research purposes. Approximately, 56 hours of audios were processed (I archived over 7 days of radio shows) and approximately 71 men hours were invested in this project. I had to process manually every show and to edit and extract audios with mutilation references (some of them didn't have any mutilation reference). Every audio file is nicely tagged. Some audio pieces have references that are not always directly connected with mutilations, but they are preserved for the sake of continuity. You can import all audio files at once as a playlist in Windows Media Player if you start the playlist file in a root folder named:
Play.All.Tracks.wpl

This is the guide for the shows and folders that you will get after download:

LIST OF AUDIOS:

JANUARY 10, 2011

BBC Radio Cornwall - James Churchfield Show - January 10, 2011 / 06-09h
BBC Radio Cornwall - David White Show - January 10, 2011 / 09-12h
BBC Radio Cornwall - Martin Bailie Show - January 10, 2011 / 12-15h
BBC Radio Cornwall - Tiffany Truscott Show - January 10, 2011 / 15-18h
BBC Radio Cornwall - Duncan Warren Show - January 10, 2011 / 19-22h
BBC Radio Devon - The Late Show - January 10, 2011 / 22-01h

JANUARY 11, 2011
BBC Radio Cornwall - James Churchfield Show - January 11, 2011 / 06-09h
BBC Radio Cornwall - David White Show - January 11, 2011 / 09-12h
BBC Radio Cornwall - Tiffany Truscott Show - January 10, 2011 / 12-15h
BBC Radio Cornwall - Duncan Warren Show - January 11, 2011 / 19-22h
BBC Radio Devon - The Late Show - January 11, 2011 / 22-01h

JANUARY 12, 2011
BBC Radio Cornwall - David White Show - January 12, 2011 / 09-12h
BBC Radio Cornwall - Laurence Reed Show - January 12, 2011 / 12-15h
BBC Radio Cornwall - Tiffany Truscott Show - January 12, 2011 / 15-18h

JANUARY 13, 2011
BBC Radio Cornwall - Laurence Reed Show - January 13, 2011 / 12-15h
BBC Radio Cornwall - Tiffany Truscott Show - January 13, 2011 / 15-18h

JANUARY 14, 2011
BBC Radio Cornwall - Pam Spriggs Show - January 14, 2011 / 09-12h

PROMOS
- Laurence Reed Show - Horse Mutilation Promo

BONUS AUDIOS
- Psychic Pets
- British Warships
- Spy
- Space

PLUS:
ARCHIVED ARTICLES, FACEBOOK & TWITTER COMMENTS

==================================================

edit on 18-4-2012 by uforadio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by uforadio

Well done UFORADIO!

I will definitely try and check out some of that audio when I have the time to do it justice.

Thanks for taking the trouble, there's definitely much more to this than is being admitted.

regards,
GTD

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
yeah it just gets more crazy

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
very strange who did it? human alien manbearpig???
seriously though if this is some sicko doing this he must be skilled at what he does for kicks maybe he's a butcher or surgeon, the blood bit seems a bit different from the average cases like this so maybe it was a looper and not the ET's military etc.

still doesn't explain why or how he/she got away with it and are doing it.
strange indeed

thanks OP
love these strange stories

new topics

top topics

join