It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria crisis: Assad 'gives amnesty for uprising crimes'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Syria's President Bashar al-Assad has granted a general amnesty for all crimes committed during the 10-month uprising, state-run media reports.

Hey? big turn around?

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I don't understand the quick turn around..........has someone had a word in his ear, did he wake up on the wrong side of the bed, is he smoking something?

Good news though, just hope he keeps his word.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
I don't understand the quick turn around..........has someone had a word in his ear, did he wake up on the wrong side of the bed, is he smoking something?

Good news though, just hope he keeps his word.

I think the media has painted him as a monster alongside the Syrian Government and that in my opinion is the exact reason why you are surprised. This is not the first time the media has painted a government, or individual on top of the government as a monster, "dehumanizing the enemy" is a term to remember in this case.

Syria is obviously a US target, even General Wesley Clark admits to that fact, and for the purpose of regime change, you must first dehumanize the government, especially the individual heading the Government, in this case Assad.

That being said, for me, this isn't surprising, why? Because 1. Assad is not a monster. 2. The Syrian Government is not a monster.

The whole dehumanization campaign has been conducted through rumors, some Syrians living in London make a claim, then suddenly all the Western media coordinately publishes those rumors. You have probably heard the term "activists say" this, "activists say" that, if you do your research, find out who these activists are and where they are located, you'll see that all of them live outside Syria, but funnily every thing they report is published without any confirmation, nor any doubt.

The same was done regarding Libya, wild rumors spread like wild fire, why should we be surprised? Qaddafi was so dehumanized that even after he was tortured, sodomized and murdered in cold blood, no one was shocked. That is the intention, and that is the effect the media is trying to produced. Good to see the media's hard work is not met in vain.
edit on 15-1-2012 by insaan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Just more stalling by the slimy Assad. The reason he's done this is because yesterday the leader of Qatar said there should be Arab troops in Syria to sort it out, so he's getting nervous. It won't make any difference. As the BBC article says...

"This is not the first time President Assad has offered an amnesty to his opponents, and it is unlikely to have any more impact than the ones he proposed last year, the BBC's Jonathan Head in neighbouring Turkey says."

I don't trust ANY world leaders, but those in the Middle East are masters of false promises and diversionary tactics.

The killing won't stop.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

I don't trust ANY world leaders, but those in the Middle East are masters of false promises and diversionary tactics.

Just like the slimy ones in Britain and in America
always off false promises and more promises of having more wars.
edit on 15-1-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join