It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is winner in Texas straw poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Sorry Perry, you were beat in your own state!

Results were in Saturday evening for the Saddle Up Texas Straw Poll, with Ron Paul finishing strongly and a weak showing for the state's own governor.

Tea Party groups organized the survey to give conservative voters more of a voice in national politics.

In-person voting took place over the last few days in Houston, but anyone statewide could participate through a text option. There were 707 paper ballots counted, with Ron Paul finishing in first place with nearly 28 percent of the votes.

Ron Paul 27.9%
Newt Gingrich 23.8%
Rick Santorum 21.2%
Rick Perry 19.4%
Mitt Romney 6.6%
Jon Huntsman 1.1%

More than 3,300 people voted by text, and this time Ron Paul was the clear winner, with more than 54% support.

www.wfaa.com...

What more is there to say? Ron Rocks!
edit on Sun Jan 15th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
And oh, I thought Ron Paul had already lost??

No, RP hasn't already lost.

If you wanna talk about RP, how about let's bump threads like this instead of threads like that? Not cause I need any more points, stars, or flags, mind you, but because it only does harm to keep threads like that up on the recent posts list. We need to talk about RP the winner, and that's what I am doing.

He won. Again.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I posted this earlier.

The Link

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Just like how he wins every internet poll

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Well I dont think the straw polls are counted by Israli defense firms and Diabold voting machines so of course if the true votes were counted he would win. Ask Al Gore how fair the votes are here in America these days.

Just saying .

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Sorry Perry, you were beat in your own state!

What? Since when did it belong to Perry... I thought it was always Ron Paul's...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Funny how Ron Paul can win every online and straw poll, but struggles badly in REAL Polls.

I guess when you take away the "text" option, require voters to actually be registered, and require them to be 18 years old, Ron Paul just kind of fades away.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Pretty much just saying Perry is the 2 Term Gov there and has NEVER lost an election in his political career, Even when he was a Democrat

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Funny how Ron Paul can win every online and straw poll, but struggles badly in REAL Polls.

I guess when you take away the "text" option, require voters to actually be registered, and require them to be 18 years old, Ron Paul just kind of fades away.

Sorry no, its when you take the FRAUD out he wins. No Israli defence firms counting the vote and no Diebold voting machines. Nice try tho

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhereAreTheGoodguys

Pretty much just saying Perry is the 2 Term Gov there and has NEVER lost an election in his political career, Even when he was a Democrat, how that does not bothter Republican voters amazes me.

If I was Perry and running for president and did not win my own state it think it would sting a little.

I guess you missed the part about this being a straw poll.

Oh the part about running for President and not winning his own state. Remember Algore? He lost to George Bush in 2000 because he couldn't win his homestate of Tennessee.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well true he did loose his home state. But he lost because of the Florida vote scandal that his litttle brother Jeb Bush helped with (Gov of Florida at the time) The Bush's have some very deep ties in Florida, just ask Lee Harvey Oswald.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by WhereAreTheGoodguys

Pretty much just saying Perry is the 2 Term Gov there and has NEVER lost an election in his political career, Even when he was a Democrat, how that does not bothter Republican voters amazes me.

If I was Perry and running for president and did not win my own state it think it would sting a little.

I guess you missed the part about this being a straw poll.

Oh the part about running for President and not winning his own state. Remember Algore? He lost to George Bush in 2000 because he couldn't win his homestate of Tennessee.

No I did not miss this being a straw pole Im just stating that Straw Pole votes are not counted by Israli Defense firms and Diebold voting machines

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing

discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics