It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Find Evidence Of Pre-Historic 'Lost World' Beneath Lake Huron

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Source

Communities of anthropologists throughout the world are buzzing with excitement as researchers in U.S. and Canada have reported finding an unusual wooden pole at the bottom of Lake Huron, leading to speculation that they may have stumbled upon artifacts from a "lost world" of previously unknown ancient North American caribou hunters.

Experts believe that this prehistoric nomadic people may have had a "kill site" in the U.S.-Canada border region some 10,000 years ago, making them some of the earliest human inhabitants of the North America.

Now submerged beneath over a hundred feet of water, researchers believe that the 100-mile long Alpena-Amberley Ridge was deluged by glacial melt at the end of the last Ice Age in what is now Lake Huron. Scientists first began theorizing that the site may have been a prehistoric hunting ground after researchers discovered a system of man-made rock features that appear to have been used to herd together migrating caribou into narrow channels, thus making them easy prey for the spear-hunting natives to take down.

How cool is this?

I made a thread a while ago about a Stonehenge type structure in the lake and people kind of doubted it and were awaiting further information. Well here's some...

I cannot wait until we get divers down there to see what, if any evidence of humans there is.

It's funny but I am super excited for this.
I hope you enjoy it as much as me.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention! I live in Michigan so this is very fascinating to me. I love Lake Huron for it's sandy beaches and it's warm waters. How interesting to find a possible lost civilization there!

I think it is so neat to think about all that could be found under all our waters. What fantastic artifacts we can find! Also, by digging. Do you ever think about the fact that you could find dinosaur bones or ancient ship remnants or even a pyramid by digging in your back yard? Well, I'm one of "those people" that thinks it is ever so fascinating

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
As someone who grew up as a child in the Alpena area this is really cool. Im sure their are lots of secrets waiting to be found under the great lakes,, keep digging and bring forth all you can find.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Thank God they didn't say it was Atlantis. Americans have a habit of doing that

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
or you could join the existing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Interesting.

www.ns.umich.edu...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Great find OP! This is the sort of stuff that keeps me coming back to ATS. I love this stuff. S&F

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK
Great find OP! This is the sort of stuff that keeps me coming back to ATS. I love this stuff. S&F

I agree,this is why i still continue to come here,finds like this.so much undiscovered on this planet,a channel dedicated to things like this would be amazing...it needs to happen.

hopefully we'll here more about this great discovery

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Topic already exists here.

Please direct comments to the previously posted thread.

Closing

top topics

join