It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something that bothers me!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
On Thanksgiving Day my Uncle John said something that bothers me....So I thought I'd share it here on ATS...

I'll start by saying all my life Ive been taught to believe that when we die the great knowledge of the question of our existence would be answered...Or at least we would know more then we do now...

Here is what Uncle John said ,that got to me..."There is NO guarantee that we will receive any additional knowledge upon death...We may still have some sort of consciousness without any understanding."

I hope this is not the case....I feel nothingness would be better then unknowing...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zbeliever

Maybe uncle John just had a little too much eggnog. Life is too short to worry about it anyway, just enjoy what you have now, while you can

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I think the keyword here that you need to know is patience..lol No one can prove or disprove what happens after we die until we actually die. My two cents though is that yes, we will come into great more knowledge then we know now however i do not think we will know everything. But then again i could be wrong lol. Dont fret ..seek enlightenment and you shall find it.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I can understand his point of view...

Imagine you die and you still don't know why you existed , why you have a soul, and what is the point of existing, and yet you live forever and ever - all eternity...

Wouldn't take be a worse destiny than dying so that you won't question this for all eternity?

I guess it is a matter of opinion though.

But me, I believe this:

The purpose of existence is joy, joy is the motivation of life it is what keeps us going on and on..
edit on 15-1-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Who guaranteed this to you? Some man.

Your uncle is correct. And he is just another man.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by zbeliever
On Thanksgiving Day my Uncle John said something that bothers me....So I thought I'd share it here on ATS...

I'll start by saying all my life Ive been taught to believe that when we die the great knowledge of the question of our existence would be answered...Or at least we would know more then we do now...

Here is what Uncle John said ,that got to me..."There is NO guarantee that we will receive any additional knowledge upon death...We may still have some sort of consciousness without any understanding."

I hope this is not the case....I feel nothingness would be better then unknowing...

Hi all.

This is my first post at ATS I hope its of some use.

About 7 or 8 years ago I read a book called "A lawyer presents the case for the afterlife"
That book changed my life.
I recommend it for all open minded peaple. It answered so many questions for me.
I hope it helps zbeliever.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Hi,

What I want to say is going to sound weird, okay?

It won't be based on any belief system. It won't be anything I built a belief about. It will be only what I know from my experience.

Oh.. and I'm not a new ager, although their words help to convey meaning...

Some of my professional work is with taking the old and newly dead into "the Light" from houses and businesses, etc. This Light is a place found myself during early spiritual training back in the 70's. Anyway..

When we get there, it's always at a place I call the Arrival Zone.. for obvious reasons. There is always.. repeat always.. someone or something waiting for the new arrival that had significance in the life Here.

As they new arrival stands in the Light, something very amazing begins to happen inside them... they start to shine.. from inside. And as it gets brighter, every thing we Believed about being Human.. all our Concepts, all our theories, all the Limitations.. everything starts to fall away until the new arrival Remembers having been in the Light before... they Wake Up from the Dream of Life.

What happens after that is their choice.

And this is what happens to the dead who get to the Light.

Some stay around what is familiar to them.. hence ghosts, etc. Soe of them only see what they Believed was their life, and some feel trapped almost Here.

Others create their own reality based on everything they Believed.. especially what they believed they deserved. And these can be found in what is called the Belief Territories by those who go in 'there' and help those who are ready to wake up.

And that is what I know from a lifetime of experience.. and I'm getting old now

Sorry if I offended anyone's beliefs.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zbeliever

I have to agree with your Uncle John. The overwhelming empirical evidence does suggest that he's right. What you create of yourself as you live from day to day is what you'll have of yourself after your corporeal brain has ceased working. I know that there are New Age teachers that insist that you'll be transformed into an all-knowing godlike being as soon as you clear the funeral parlor, but there's never been any ADC (After Death Communication) evidence that even hints to this being true. I suppose that you can assume that the evidence we have is specious or that only the "lower vibration" spirits are being picked up on by mediums or whatever you want to call people who insist that they can communicate with the dead, but if it is true that we all become transformed via the death process, then there's no means for anyone to remain locked in "lower vibrational" ignorance, since the existential transformation process would necessarily have to be fundamental and pervasive to the extent that it couldn't be refused as a conscious choice by the passing individual. The reason for this requirement is that no one actually can detail what it means to "choose" to not be transformed (other than vague assertions that amount to ritual adherence) or what the actual physics involved include that would flush one "spirit" with ultimate knowledge while denying another the same foundational reconfiguration.

Of course, you can just toss the god of your choice into the mix, but then you're simply walking off on the reality aspects of the whole issue and grabbing a sandwich. Not a valid examination of the issue at all, and just as valueless as the next religious assertion that someone else presents and that you fully reject as heresy or just plain foolishness.

The point is that anything that imposes a wholesale transformation on the average person by default (such as the "knowledge of all mysteries upon death's crossing-over event" transformation) can't be refused by the next person who passes, or chosen by the next person who passes. Such a wholesale reconfiguration of the only survivable aspect of a person (their personality, which is directly based on what they know, what they believe, what they think, and how they come to the conclusions that they come to) - if true - would be something that no one could ever escape from. And the most important thing about the imposition of such a default realignment is that each person's entire corporeal life would immediately be a complete waste of time and existential investment, since all humans would simply be exactly alike in acquired knowledge and wisdom, with no value associated with any amount of learning, perception discernment, experience, or judgment development that any person worked so hard to achieve. In short, corporeal life would be worthless and useless for all human beings. And that would be completely contradictory when compared to all other progressive development processes that exist within the corporeal realm.

Your Uncle is right, but that doesn't mean that the afterlife is something to dread. It's during this corporeal development stage of your overall existence that you're given the opportunity to figure out the basics of physical existence. The answers are all around you, and none are presented within the pages of theology or philosophy books. Right directly in front of you is where you start, and ignore the crap talk about all of this being an illusion. There are definite reality anchors to build from, and if it does matter to you, you'll be able to begin with a very strict process of elimination. As Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wrote, in the character of Sherlock Holmes - "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." And while it will never be that simple, a lot of the impossible is fairly easy to eliminate. You have years to eliminate the more damaging impossible notions, and the rest will either present direct linkage to what you know to be consistent and dependable, or it won't - and that'll be an important clue to pursue as well.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
From a Christian :

The Bible tells us that:

"... it is appointed unto men ONCE to die, but after this the judgment":... (this refutes reincarnation- Heb 9:27 )
and every child of God will know as He (God) knows.

" For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. " 1Co 13:12

So, yes, everything will be revealed unto the child of God, according to the Scriptures.

Of course, one must first believe.

Rom 10:17"..faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

Also, the whole duty of man is to fear God and keep his commandments, which is to Love one another as Christ loved us.
Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
THIS we do know
but we'll have to wait for the revelation of the rest of the details

Great question. People should search this out.
Anywho...... thought I'd share what I have found even though there be some who would love to persecute.

Take care OP! Hope you find your peace.
edit on 15-1-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join