It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is President Obama sending 12, 000 U.S. troops to Libya?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

I hope the Administration gets back to you.

A step in the right direction,to validate this story.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

His "little green book? You'r kidding right? No, I have not read it though did try to read Mao's little red book. Needed a lot of pepto-bismol afterwards. Everyone who ever met, (specifically journalists) "The Colonel" stated the same basic thing, he was a rambling, delusional lunatic. To say that he was able to state (again from what has been reported by many people) some ideology or concepts better then "ours" meaning just about anyone, you must be reading between the lines that is not actually part of a rational, cogent thought process. Friend, you really need to set your sights higher.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXTriker
For what its worth, my son is a marine and his MOS is Logistics. I know that he might not be privy and the troops could come from anywhere but, I asked him if he knew anything that he could share. He knows nothing about it.

Your son a Marine involved with an area, logistics can provide more informative then a bus load of highly placed "sources" and is something I watch to anticipate large military actions. One can "conceal" 12, or 100 but the movement of 12,000 troops, and all the support needed, not to mention associated chatter which may or may not be picked up by the MSM (it usually is). Even the cover story for such actions is itself revealing of "something significant" The fact your son stated he was not aware of anything significant when added to other available information, will often speak volumes. That kind of stuff I would pay attention to under the circumstances.

By the way please thank you son for me for his service. Many of us do appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I'm sorry if I am way off beam here, but isn't Malta some sort of British 'Protectorate'?

or has that changed without me noticing?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Even a Broken clock is right twice a day.
Doesn't prove anything....

I merely pointed out that her claims do not fit some people's perception of reality, how does that relate to a broken clock?

I'm sorry but, you are doing Ron Paul a great disservice by comparing him to her and attempting poorly to justify the fact that she ran with an unconfirmed story. Your analogy doesn't hold water by comparing the two.

I never compared her with Ron Paul, I compared the term "outrageous" used against Ron Paul with the same term used by a member here against her, and I also explained that the term outrageous is used mostly because it doesn't fit the media's, or in this case the individual member's perception of reality.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
I'm sorry if I am way off beam here, but isn't Malta some sort of British 'Protectorate'?

or has that changed without me noticing?

Apparently it did....although you might not actually have been alive when it happened, which might explain why you didn't notice it??
It is an independent country, and a member of the EU.

It became independent from the UK and a member of the UN in 1964, and a republic in 1974 - Wiki article on Malta

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

You want to spend the money of your country, in a recession, on a rich nation of tribal based enemies.

Well then, carry on. You get what you deserve.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
when will this bull# end?
why do we continue to put our men and women in the way of foreign conflicts?

Barack Obama, how about we send your kids there, and to iraq and to iran? i bet you'd change your war monger ways you constitution hating prick

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by Soshh

Fortunately the internet bleeding hearts brigade did an absolutely brilliant job of tediously informing everybody of how disliking Gaddafi transforms someone into an evil monster with a pile of dead blacks in their basement.

Why yes, because the only options were Al Qaeda or Gaddaffi. I know that is what you want it to be.

What it really is is corporations making a deal with Islamists to "stabilize" the region and in turn they'll get their lap dogs (us) to come put down the current big dog.

Yep. Fantastic. To get away from being called an empire, you funded the creation of one. Thanks. With friends like you guys and your dyadic thinking, we don't need enemies.
edit on 2012/1/15 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I don't know if i trust the source. Gonna wait and see on this one. In the meantime to all of you who only believe our "homegrown" news.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Here's a final thought:

"We are not about to send American boys nine or ten thousand miles away from home to do what Asian boys ought to be doing for themselves,"
- LBJ on Viet Nam

And we know what happened next...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Here's a final thought:

"We are not about to send American boys nine or ten thousand miles away from home to do what Asian boys ought to be doing for themselves,"
- LBJ on Viet Nam

Grenada was Vietnam.
El Salvador was Vietnam.
Panama was Vietnam
Desert Storm was Vietnam
Bosnia was Vietnam
A-stan was Vietnam
Iraq was Vietnam.

Anytime US Troops are engaged in some sort of conflict, the first thing everyone screams is, "This is JUST like Vietnam!!!!"

Make sure you throw in the word "Quagmire" for extra bonus points.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
WHY? To kill more American Troops...or "Courpes"!! This guy can't even pass E-Verify....what a idiot....sorry we're the idiots letting him stay in office!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Well not for nothing but there have been thousands of special forces and CIA in that country since the start of the so called revolution
, its only a matter of time before other assets make there way in there to set up a actual military base of operations, the more staging areas, airstrips, and assets the US military has the more capable it is. This should be no surprise to many and should not be taken in the sense that we are starting a ground campaign.

edit on 16-1-2012 by TheMur because: typo

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
To attack Egypt from the west while Israel attacks from the east when the time is right.
Wait and see.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

It is with great disappointment that I receive the news from foreign media publications and Libyan sources that our President now has 12,000 U.S. troops stationed in Malta and they are about to make their descent into Libya.

I don't know that Cynthia McKinney is a reliable source for info. She is very anti-American and raised eyebrows for appearing on Iranian TV and with Qaddafi on Libyan TV.

I may agree with her on some things (like how corrupt our government is), but getting cosy with our (USA's) enemies smacks of treason.

O'Reilly wondered out loud where the money came from for her international trips.

“Are Violent, Anti-American Regimes Funding Cynthia McKinney’s Travels Abroad?”

www.theblaze.com...

AuranVector

edit on 16-1-2012 by AuranVector because: reformat

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee
But in looking back at what General Wesley Clarke had said in respect to PNAC who's objective is to destabilize the middle east and whom are running our diplomacy since the war on terror was initiated in 2001.

Their objectives were very clear...

The whole PNAC strategy was the modernized form of Brzezinski's strategy for controlling the middle east (and other regions), back in the 70s-80s.

Most people tend to not realize that this isn't some Bush-era strategy for oil, but rather a long running US strategy as a global empire to control and mitigate global regions and resources.

Thats right, and thats why it doesn't matter who is President.
Unless R.P. is the real deal.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture

By the way please thank you son for me for his service. Many of us do appreciate it.

Yeah, I also appreciate doctors who save lives, the guys who pick up the garbage every week, the engineers and architects who build bridges and homes, the journalists that put their lives on the line to give us "the story", So many people do so many constructive things.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

It is with great disappointment that I receive the news from foreign media publications and Libyan sources that our President now has 12,000 U.S. troops stationed in Malta and they are about to make their descent into Libya.

I don't know that Cynthia McKinney is a reliable source for info. She is very anti-American and raised eyebrows for appearing on Iranian TV and with Qaddafi on Libyan TV.

Cynthia McKinney is not the "source" of the info, she is relaying "news"

I receive the news
that she has heard, and is making it public so that we can investigate it further. Thats why she even states at the end, that she HOPE ITS NOT TRUE. She is not saying it is, she wants, like the rest of those who are concerned, to know if it is true or not.

Cynthia MCkinney is also not anti-American. Im sure she does not hate Canada, Mexico, Brazil or even the country of her birth. She does have issues with governments that wage war, steal, and oppress their populations.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Here's a final thought:

- LBJ on Viet Nam

Grenada was Vietnam.
El Salvador was Vietnam.
Panama was Vietnam
Desert Storm was Vietnam
Bosnia was Vietnam
A-stan was Vietnam
Iraq was Vietnam.

Anytime US Troops are engaged in some sort of conflict, the first thing everyone screams is, "This is JUST like Vietnam!!!!"

Make sure you throw in the word "Quagmire" for extra bonus points.

I dont get the point of your post.
What was the point of your post?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join