It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is President Obama sending 12, 000 U.S. troops to Libya?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The source is Cynthia "Crazy Eyes" McKinney? Look, I'm a pretty staunch Liberal and a Democrat, she was a Democratic Congresswoman, but I don't like and wouldn't trust what this woman says. This is the same woman who slapped a Capitol Hill police officer when he didn't recognize her and asked to search her when she was entering the Capitol Building. In the next election she was voted out in the Democratic Primary because the incident, and her ensuing rather crazy press statements and appearances made it clear she wasn't fit for office.

Just sayin'...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
NSNBC.? Definitely fooled me into clicking the link, but this is very interesting. United States and terrorists get along very well, almost too well

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I would think it more practical to send PMC's to the area...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Another day, and hte original blog is still the ONLY source for this information that I can find - lots of other places are reposting it, but of course that's not actually verification of any sort.

Still going with someone pulling it out of their butt.

The original source is this:

Libya - 12,000 American Soldiers Waiting To Return To Malta In Libya (January 12, 2012)
Posted on 12/01/2012 at 17:23
Source: ALGERIA ISP
www.algeria-isp.com...

ISP ALGERIA / ALGERIA According ISP / Dhida According Yawm 17 fibrayr Fi Libya, information speak to the presence of 12,000 U.S. troops
Malta waiting to return to Libya (Tripoli or Benghazi).

cool -thanks for that. Has what's her name actualy said this is where she got it from, or is this a whole "new" source??

We've gone from 1 slightly nutty US congresswoman, to an unsubstantiated French-language Alegerian blog still with no verifying evidence .

Perhaps they both sourced it somewhere else - but neither is actually telling anyone where.

edit on 15-1-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
She is a media/attention whore. She plays the race card when she doesn't get her way or when she hasn't been in the news for a while.

Just a bit!

Videos are posted of Black Libyans being beaten, whipped, threatened, harassed, and humiliated. These videos remind me of the antebellum South–reminiscent of the days of slavery and The Confederacy.

Originally posted by beezzer
We are not sending 12K troops to Libya.

There you go - case closed.
No need for me to request operational details from The White House.

You would have immense difficulty obtaining the operational details of an operation that does not exist.

The best person to ask for details would be that deranged woman but she does not appear to have any. Following seemingly endless reams of entirely superfluous text, she finally decides to refer to the subject matter in two sentences in which she hopes that the reports are not true - I believe that she is in luck.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I consider this "report" ridiculous. There is no media coverage of any "troops" going in to Libya . None. Not to mention moving 12,000 troops "any were" leaves tracks, and US forces if deployed there in-mass are going to mention SOMETHING to a spouse, friends, etc. Do we have State Department personal there? Sure, but thats to be expected since "the Colonel" came to power in 1969 any US presence in Libya was at least since the 70's both very limited and highly covert. Would the State Department be involved in a wide range of activities along with European and Asian countries? Sure and why not, but 12,000 US "anything" makes no sense. You also have a country with virtually no social and systems infrastructure, as in communications, public and private institutions and the like.

For that there is a mad rush for PRIVATE sources from everywhere clamoring to get in. Hey, Libya has oil and that attracts investment, and troops just can't create a modern national industrial-commercial base. They can set up temporary communications and utilities, but thats both inefficient and incredibly expensive. I need much more, and not from agenda pushing people/organizations.

The President is both under pressure and has a personal desire, and fiscal need to reduce force deployment overseas and thats already underway. So as far as this "report" is concerned, unless I see/hear hard data from more then this so-called source, I'll look at even "reasonably" reliable sources, forget it, because this sounds, smells and quacks like very transparent fiction. American haters, and naturally anti-Obama groupies love this kind of story more then my cat loves fresh tuna. And that says a lot.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
For what its worth, my son is a marine and his MOS is Logistics. I know that he might not be privy and the troops could come from anywhere but, I asked him if he knew anything that he could share. He knows nothing about it.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
After a thorough search, the most direct means of contacting Cynthia McKinney appears to be her Twitter or Facebook page. However, even on her Twitter, the most recent post ostensibly by her is someone asking people to post questions to her FB that will be asked today in an interview. I'd like to guard my anonymity a bit, but I have requested that corroborating evidence for this claim re: Libya be asked for during said interview. If I receive a reply or the interview is published in transcript form and she mentions it, I'll post that.

For the moment, there do not appear to be any publicly published sources or corroborating evidence for this claim.

This is her blog: allthingscynthiamckinney.posterous.com... Someone might try creating an account there and asking as well.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
operation, secure the oil fields in full effect.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

With 12,000 troops??

Yeah...right!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

There were black Libyans who were horribly treated during the "renewal" of Libya. (I think I just got heartburn typing that.)

However, this little inconvenience was glossed over by media looking to paint the new great reformers (who want to hang women's activists from light poles in Tripoli) as the saviours of Libya.

edit on 2012/1/15 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Its not a war if there is no "ARMY" to fight,

And i very much doubt the US Marines are going in, if they do it will be of a peace keeping roll, and obviously it would be on the request from the Libyan government, to help stabilize, assist and provide security in the rebuilding effort, i fail to see how this is a bad thing, IF it were to happen of course, its essential to the world economy that Libya gets back on its feet and the faster the better

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

And i very much doubt the US Marines are going in, if they do it will be of a peace keeping roll, and obviously it would be on the request from the Libyan government, to help stabilize, assist and provide security in the rebuilding effort, i fail to see how this is a bad thing, IF it were to happen of course, its essential to the world economy that Libya gets back on its feet and the faster the better

Libya is rich, and has a well educated populace. They don't need our help. Let them spend their own money on it.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Umm yea no this is wrong.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Libya is rich, and has a well educated populace. They don't need our help. Let them spend their own money on it.

I'm not sure if you are aware or not, but they just had a bloody civil war,

They maybe rich, but they are not "organised" there infrastructure & utilities are in taters, so why not use some of its riches/wealth to get back on its feet, and hire a security force?, makes perfect sense doesn't it?, also for the US to agree to help also makes perfect sense, for the world economy, the same reason keeping the straits of hormuz is essential to the world economy,

Japan's rich, would you go tell them to sort themselves out after the EQ because they are rich?

No, because you conspiracy theorist don't use logic & facts,

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Soshh

There were black Libyans who were horribly treated during the "renewal" of Libya. (I think I just got heartburn typing that.)

However, this little inconvenience was glossed over by media looking to paint the new great reformers (who want to hang women's activists from light poles in Tripoli) as the saviours of Libya.

Look at the fear in his eyes..

I really hope he is ok.

Regarding the OP question Why is President Obama sending 12, 000 U.S. troops to Libya?

Because there are plenty more innocent people to slaughter

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

I use facts. Our countries just helped Al-Qaeda take over a rich nation, and then we are supposed to help set them up too.

I'm simply not a self-destructive as the rest of you. They wanted to dispose of their leader. They could have had it another way, they rejected it in favour of doing it this way.

If they want to *pay* security companies from the West to come help them, then let them do so. Not on the tax payer dime.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I wish I knew what happened to him. The defenders of these "liberators" said they did this because the blacks were mercenaries.

Yeah, that kid totally looks Merc man. The media was awful quiet about the hacked up black Africans who escaped to other less Arabic/Berber controlled countries.

While anyone who questions these great Islamist reformers is "racist." I think I see racism - I just see that someone other than these liberators need to be defended.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Soshh

What's your point? Did it remind you of "the antebellum South" and "the days of slavery and The Confederacy" or did you just fancy a bit of a moan? If so, I hope that you got it all out of your system.

On the subject of the media "glossing over" the issue, it was addressed repeatedly by media sources such as BBC, AP, Reuters, Sky, Telegraph, Guardian, LA Times, Huffington Post amongst others. The fact that these sources didn't whine about it incessantly or dedicate an inordinate amount of airtime to it equates to them glossing over it I suppose.

Fortunately the internet bleeding hearts brigade did an absolutely brilliant job of tediously informing everybody of how disliking Gaddafi transforms someone into an evil monster with a pile of dead blacks in their basement.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The aforementioned interview is underway right now. A caller asked her about this issue. This was her reply, as transcribed by me:

Well, actually the troops are not in Libya, and the article is a compilation of other articles in the international press that I have read that state that the troops are in Malta waiting for the word to be deployed to Libya. And, uh, this is very serious also, but the situation in Libya is one that is extremely sad. Now that there has been a complete descent into chaos but this was all planned this was all forseen. And yo9u've got Libyan killing each other, and one of the observations that I mentioned in the piece was from a Libyan who said that they can't even get jobs working in the oil industry in the oil platform. Those jobs go to foreigners. The warships are at the ports, and you've got troops at the platforms. So the oil gets shipped out no matter what, and yet the Libyan people are queuing up in extremely long queues waiting to get a tank of gasoline.
(Emphasis mine.)

She then started discussing the situation between Israel and Iran and other issues.

The interview is ongoing here, and presumably there will be a recording of the complete interview here or an affiliated site: www.blogtalkradio.com... (alternative stream here: www.blogtalkradio.com... )

I apologize for not being able to provide a current source, as the interview is ongoing as of the time of this post. My hope is that it becomes one (a current, complete source for the partial transcript I just posted) after the interview is complete.

Based on what she said, her claim is based on international press reports she compiled. Others then ran with her compilation as though it were fact. That's what's going on here as near as I can tell, at least.

Hope this was helpful. Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join