It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why is President Obama sending 12, 000 U.S. troops to Libya?

page: 4
21
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69
 


Well, I'm glad I cleared that up for you. Now that your case is rested, we can move on to determining the validity of the reported story. I mean "rumor". Sorry.
edit on 1/15/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: rumor




posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Here is a comment in response to this article:

Obama Sending US Forces To Libya
Posted: 2012/01/14
From: Mathaba
by Stephen Lendman

www.mathaba.net...




www.mathaba.net...



posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
 


I spoke to my ex who was in 82nd Airborn many years ago. Says that there were many times a soldier's deployment status was basically "on call". They had one hour from being called to get on their plane. I asked given the same circumstances but with modern technology, could a soldier get the info out. Nope, they (the government) would stop it. Also, our government does a lot of things in secret. I'm not saying it is or isn't happening, but to claim we would all know is not true.
edit on 15-1-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
So to recap:

A story from a Cynthia is branded rumor until sources are provided. A source has been provided, but it's not good enough, and also dismissed as rumor. When a source for the original Algeria ISP article is found, that source will probably be dismissed as well. And so on and so forth, ad infinitum...

edit on 1/15/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo


What ever happened to Deny Ignorance?


Why is President Obama sending 12, 000 U.S. troops to Libya?

Can we get a "legitimate" source to back this up?

I call Hoax on this,straight up.



posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
So to recap:

A story from a Cynthia is branded rumor until sources are provided. A source has been provided, but it's not good enough, and also dismissed as rumor. When a source for the original Algeria ISP article is found, that source will probably be dismissed as well. And so on and so forth, ad infinitum...

edit on 1/15/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo


What ever happened to Deny Ignorance?


Why is President Obama sending 12, 000 U.S. troops to Libya?

Can we get a "legitimate" source to back this up?

I call Hoax on this,straight up.




Calling hoax does not make it so. Please list the sources that you consider legitimate so in future posts only those sources will be used.
edit on 1/15/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo



posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are


Calling hoax does not make it so. Please list the sources that you consider legitimate so in future posts only those sources will be used.
edit on 1/15/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo



Sure.

Obama himself saying hes sending 12000 American troops to Libya.

Thats not too hard for you to GET,right?

Corresponding with the White House


edit on 15-1-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1
 


Your "Number One Reliable Source" is The White House? OK.



posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by sonnny1
 


Your "Number One Reliable Source" is The White House? OK.



Submit Your Comments and Questions Online President Obama is committed to creating the most open and accessible administration in American history. That begins with taking comments and questions from you, the public, through our website.


The thread isnt the Pentagon,or America is sending troops to Libya.

Its:
Why is President Obama sending 12, 000 U.S. troops to Libya?

Is the horses mouth,too hard for you to get a reliable answer from?









Deny Ignorance,indeed.......................



posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by sonnny1
 


Your "Number One Reliable Source" is The White House? OK.


OK, that was unfair of me. I asked what you considered to be reliable sources and you responded. If The White House is your choice then in the future (within this thread) I'll try my best to use only White House press releases when vetting information as it pertains to responses made to your posts. I can't promise that, but I'll make an effort.

Edit To Add:
However, I think I'll not contact The White House to ask them for operational details. If troops are actually being sent to Libya we will eventually hear about it from sources other than Algeria ISP.
edit on 1/15/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos, ETA



posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Wouldn't they be sent there to help protect civilians and stop a bloody civil war for power over the country now that Gaddafi's gone or would you all prefer to have your home nation nuked and find another Western country to vilify and despise such as Canada?



posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
The thread isnt the Pentagon,or America is sending troops to Libya. Its:

Why is President Obama sending 12, 000 U.S. troops to Libya?

Is the horses mouth too hard for you to get a reliable answer from?


Yes. Yes it is. Who else agrees that Obama is not a reliable source for truthful information.



posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Wouldn't they be sent there to help protect civilians and stop a bloody civil war for power over the country now that Gaddafi's gone or would you all prefer to have your home nation nuked and find another Western country to vilify and despise such as Canada?


We're surrounding Iran. We will use the countries we've toppled* as bases from which to launch military action:


Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
All these countries will be used as staging areas for the soon-to-be-unfolding Iran war. Much easier to do now that the west has orchestrated "revolutions" all over the area. That's just my user-submitted idea. I have no facts to back that up.


* Read as "Countries of the Arab Spring".



posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by sonnny1
The thread isnt the Pentagon,or America is sending troops to Libya. Its:

Why is President Obama sending 12, 000 U.S. troops to Libya?

Is the horses mouth too hard for you to get a reliable answer from?


Yes. Yes it is. Who else agrees that Obama is not a reliable source for truthful information.



So you wont even try,but have no problem getting your information,from some blogger ?




Denying Ignorance?

Not even close.

Sorry.



posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The NTC not only has to contend with a vibrant, well-financed, grassroots-supported resistance, but the various militias of the NTC are now also fighting each other. I believe this “sociocide” of Libyan society, as we previously witnessed in Iraq and Afghanistan before it, is part of a carefully crafted plan of destabilization that ultimately serves U.S. imperial interests and those of a Zionist state and its US agents who are bent on Greater Israel’s suzerainty over huge swaths of Arabic-speaking populations. Pakistan is also on the list for neutering in Muslim and world affairs, saddled with its own unpopular civilian leadership that finds itself in the hip pocket of the United States for survival, often getting sat upon by its fiscal guarantor.


Oh yeah i stopped reading there was all i needed to read to know the real deal here with particular notice to:


is part of a carefully crafted plan of destabilization that ultimately serves U.S. imperial interests and those of a Zionist state and its US agents who are bent on Greater Israel’s suzerainty


Yeah biggest bunch of bs i have read today and after watching the "citizens of Libya" drag a beaten and bloody gaddfi through the streets i stopped giving a crap about them.
edit on 15-1-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1
 


You are a "blogger" on ATS. I would consider what you have to say before I would accept as fact something the White House had to say.

That's a compliment to you, in spite of your opinions on the veracity of the information provided by Algeria ISP.

Perhaps you are under the assumption that I and others are willing to accept any story in the media as fact. I am not. I am, however, willing to examine "X" prior to declaring "X" to be false.



posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by sonnny1
 


You are a "blogger" on ATS. I would consider what you have to say before I would accept as fact something the White House had to say.

That's a compliment to you, in spite of your opinions on the veracity of the information provided by Algeria ISP.

Perhaps you are under the assumption that I and others are willing to accept any story in the media as fact. I am not. I am, however, willing to examine "X" prior to declaring "X" to be false.


Thank you for the Complement,but most on ATS are in search of truth.

Again,why not ask Obama yourself?

He is giving you a way to do it.

Are you afraid the answer will not be the one "you" want?




posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Thank you for the Complement,but most on ATS are in search of truth.

Again,why not ask Obama yourself?

He is giving you a way to do it.

Are you afraid the answer will not be the one "you" want?



I'm sure I'll get a direct response from the man himself as to the operational details of the U.S. Military in the Middle East.

Edit To Add:

Most on ATS are in search of truth" (but not me) Why infer this sentiment instead of simply stating it plainly.

What answer do I want? Do I want it to be true that Obama will send 12,000 troops to Libya? Or do I not want it to be true? Based on your statements thus far I shall conclude that you think that I want it to be true.

What I want is irrelevant.

Either troops will be sent, or they will not be sent.

A news story has been presented stating that troops will be sent.
That is all we have so far.
Yes, I agree that corroboration is needed.
I will not call "preemptive hoax".
I will, however, follow this and report any developments that I should happen to find regarding this story.

Over to you...

edit on 1/15/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: ETA, typo



posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
 


Cynthia is a former Congresswoman, who is also a member of DSA and the Green Party as well. She ran on the Green Party ticket last election. She seems to be somewhat of a competitor to Obama. As they are both leftist, I am assuming he is not left enough for her liking, or he disappointed her by taking us into another useless war that didnt't involve us even.



posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are


I'm sure I'll get a direct response from the man himself as to the operational details of the U.S. Military in the Middle East.



This is a Yes or No question.

What does this have to do with "operational details"?

Dear Mr. Obama.......

Are you planning to send 12000 troops to Libya?

Yes or NO answer will suffice.

Sincerely,this_is_who_we_are............

That simple.

Let me know what answer you get.


Until then,I consider this to be a Hoax.


Peace.



posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Cynthia is a ....

... nut. A useless nut. She's nearly always wrong. She's a proven liar. She is a media/attention whore. She plays the race card when she doesn't get her way or when she hasn't been in the news for a while. She cuddles those Code Pink whackos. Obama has nothing to fear from her and I'm sure he couldn't care less what she does or says. She isn't even a has-been .. she's a never-been.

ETA - IMHO
edit on 1/15/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
21
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join