It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is President Obama sending 12, 000 U.S. troops to Libya?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Sounds like it's turning into Iraq. Get rid of the beast and then all of the different militias and Islamic factions start fighting each other over who and how they're going to rule! The second posted article states as much.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This is the great thing about ATS. You can claim anything with the worst source in the world and then it will be referenced by others for weeks as proof of whatever theory they are trying to sell. 12K troops are not going to Libya.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Or

If there are troops amassing in Libya it could be for something else, like Nigeria. Nigeria produces roughly 10% of US imports (5th largest) while being the chief exporter to the tune of 40%. Given the insatiable need for oil 10% is a modest piece of the pie. Also I can't help but notice the relative close proximity of Libya to Nigeria. This will be a battleground within the 12-24 months. Looks like obama is gearing up for another peace prize

src

brill

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
According to this, she has been to Libya and actually studied the government there. Seems like she is more credible than the talking heads that pass for "journalists" in the MSM.

She has NO credibility. If she says she was in Libya and 'actually studied the government there' then you can bet your bottom dollar she wasn't and didn't. Wikipedia isn't reliable and obviously she posted her own self-glorifying information. Seriously ... if the woman is a total biased whack.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Wikipedia isn't reliable and obviously she posted her own self-glorifying information. Seriously ... if the woman is a total biased whack.

What is credible then ? Other than actual video what is a credible resource ? It can all be slanted to paint any argument.

brill

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Cynthia McKinney.

Maybe she is considering a run for President of Libya.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
I'm curious now, there has been loads of adverts on the telly recently (UK) wanting people to join the Territorial Army to go over to Afghanistan, I thought we were pulling out. I wonder if this is Iran related.

I know of three people, two personally and one is a friend of my best friend.

1. TA member being 'sent' out there
2. ex-security...been offered HUGE wads of money to go out there on 'private security' patrols with troops
3. (the person I don't know personally) Out of the military since beginning of last year....he's been re-called and not told what, where or why....he's gone to wherever now apparently....nobody knows. He was 'called back' November last year to report beginning of this year

may be nothing...thought I would share

Rainbows
Jane

edit on 15-1-2012 by angelchemuel because: keyboard!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Libya is not stabilising and remaining Ghaddafi Forces are still fighting hard.

You might have missed the news from last year - there are no Ghaddafi forces because there is no Ghaddafi.

Hope that helps...

Oh no, Gaddafi is still kicking:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by insaan

That is my own perception of the women with her actions and past rhetoric. Again, as stated earlier in my post it is only my opinion. You are entitled to yours. As for Ron Paul? I don't recall saying anything about him in my last post?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

McKinney does conclude her editorial article with...

I hope the report that I'm reading from 12 January 2012 is not true. I hope our President has not sent 12,000 troops of occupation to Malta destined for Libya.

But in looking back at what General Wesley Clarke had said in respect to PNAC who's objective is to destabilize the middle east and whom are running our diplomacy since the war on terror was initiated in 2001.

Their objectives were very clear...and were as follows.

.... to invade and destroy the governments of seven countries in five years: Iraq, Syria Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Iran.

We are already aware of this ....this news of sending troops to Libya is only another step towards attaining that objective of gaining control and defending Libya's OIL.

Peace

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

McKinney does conclude her editorial article with...

I hope the report that I'm reading from 12 January 2012 is not true. I hope our President has not sent 12,000 troops of occupation to Malta destined for Libya.

reply to post by nh_ee

She must be referring to the January 12, 2011 article I posted here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by nh_ee

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Libya - 12,000 American Soldiers Waiting To Return To Malta In Libya (January 12, 2012)
Posted on 12/01/2012 at 17:23
Source: ALGERIA ISP
www.algeria-isp.com...

ISP ALGERIA / ALGERIA According ISP / Dhida According Yawm 17 fibrayr Fi Libya, information speak to the presence of 12,000 U.S. troops
Malta waiting to return to Libya (Tripoli or Benghazi).

An agreement between the rebels and Zouara foreign countries to control the border Ras Jdir. Zouara rebels are not afraid of the rebels in other regions (Laejilate, Eljmile, Rakdaline, Elassa, Zliten) because they had the promise of the West, in case of attack by Arab rebels against them, the West will protect them.

A Brega, engineers of oil have been expelled from the oil platform. They are quickly replaced by engineers from Qatar, the UAE and French.
Misrata rebels tried to enter by force to the oil platform Brega, the special forces of NATO and crushed.

Courtesy of Google Translate

Original French:

Libye – 12.000 soldats Américains en attente à Malte pour rentrer en Libye (12 janvier 2012)
Publié le 12/01/2012 à 17:23
Source : ALGERIA ISP
www.algeria-isp.com...

ALGERIA ISP / Selon ALGERIA ISP / Selon Dhida Yawme 17 fibrayr Fi Libya, des informations parlent de la présence de 12 mille soldats américains
à Malte en attente de rentrer en Libye (à Tripoli ou Benghazi).

Un accord entre les rebelles de Zouara et des pays étrangers pour contrôler le poste frontalier Ras Jdir. Les rebelles de Zouara n'ont pas peur des rebelles des autres régions (Laejilate, Eljmile, Rakdaline, Elassa, Zliten) puisqu'ils ont eu la promesse des occidentaux, en cas d'attaque des rebelles arabes contre eux, les occidentaux vont les protéger.

A Brega, des ingénieurs de pétrole ont été expulsé de la plateforme pétrolière. Ils sont vite remplacés par des ingénieurs du Qatar, De l'émirates arabes unis et Français.
Des rebelles de misrata ont essayé de rentrer par force à la plateforme pétrolière de Brega, les forces spéciales de l'Otan les ont écrases.

edit on 1/15/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: formatting quotes, typos

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Can you provide "corroborating facts" to the "no boots"? I'm not holding my breath

As already been stated previously in this thread.

12,000 troops being deployed officially would be too large of a force to be deployed without raising public awareness. She heard a rumor and ran with it. [Which doesn't add to her credibility IMO] Libya is by and large mostly our Canadian and European cousins mess, Let them take full responsibility for their actions and deal with the clean up.

I gave my opinion about sending US troops to Libya in an official capacity.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
She heard a rumor and ran with it.

She heard a rumor and ran with it?
How about less spin:

She reported information printed by Algeria ISP.
www.algeria-isp.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by insaan
reply to post by Jakes51

By "outrageous" claims, do you mean claims which does not fit your perception of reality?

Even a Broken clock is right twice a day.
Doesn't prove anything....

For example the media calls Ron Paul dangerous, and his claims outrageous, mainly because it doesn't fit the perception of reality the media is trying to sell. Even thought Ron Paul speaks blunt truth about current reality in US and US foreign policy, it is called outrageous and dangerous.

I'm sorry but, you are doing Ron Paul a great disservice by comparing him to her and attempting poorly to justify the fact that she ran with an unconfirmed story. Your analogy doesn't hold water by comparing the two.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

She heard a rumor and ran with it.

She heard a rumor and ran with it?
How about less spin:

She reported information printed by Algeria ISP.
www.algeria-isp.com...

Regurgitating a baseless rumor [No matter how many times] doesn't make it true. Outside of the title Nowhere in your supposedly supportive "Source" does it state as fact that US troops will be deployed.

It's just hearsay.

An agreement between the rebels and Zouara foreign countries to control the border Ras Jdir. Zouara rebels are not afraid of the rebels in other regions (Laejilate, Eljmile, Rakdaline, Elassa, Zliten) because they had the promise of the West, in case of attack by Arab rebels against them, the West will protect them.

A Brega, engineers of oil have been expelled from the oil platform. They are quickly replaced by engineers from Qatar, the UAE and French. Misrata rebels tried to enter by force to the oil platform Brega, the special forces of NATO and crushed.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Could it be a simple case of geography and preparing a defensive base against the strengthening anti-West powerbase in Egypt?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Nowhere in your supposedly supportive "Source" does it state as fact that US troops will be deployed.

It's not my source, it's her source. Whether it's supportive or not is moot. It says what it says.
And she said she hopes it's not true. So I guess we'll have to wait and see.
edit on 1/15/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: inserted SLAYER69 quote

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Regurgitating a baseless rumor [No matter how many times] doesn't make it true.

As is the case with your statements claiming the information is baseless. And characterising the story as a rumor without any corroborating evidence to that effect.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

It's not my source, it's her source.

I'm not going to split hairs with you here but...
You're the one who is repeatedly quoting the source [Which does not corroborate the story one bit] not her.

Whether it's supportive or not is moot. It says what it says.

I rest my case.

And she said she hopes it's not true. So I guess we'll have to wait and see.

In the meantime stories such as this only add to the confusion....
edit on 15-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
So to recap:

A story from a Cynthia is branded rumor until sources are provided. A source has been provided, but it's not good enough, and also dismissed as rumor. When a source for the original Algeria ISP article is found, that source will probably be dismissed as well. And so on and so forth, ad infinitum...

edit on 1/15/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join