It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is President Obama sending 12, 000 U.S. troops to Libya?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Why is President Obama sending 12, 000 U.S. troops to Libya?

nsnbc.wordpress.com

By Cynthia McKinney – The 4Th Media

It is with great disappointment that I receive the news from foreign media publications and Libyan sources that our President now has 12,000 U.S. troops stationed in Malta and they are about to make their descent into Libya.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.mathaba.net

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'm not sure about the sources, but this story has been reported by at least two. I'm not an expert on Cynthia McKinney either, but she appears to have been a US congresswoman who was anti-war and is now doing free-lance diplomacy. If anyone can confirm this information, it would be much appreciated.

If Obama really is sending 12,000 marines to Libya, then it obviously shows their imperialist intent. It goes without saying that there still are multiple factions fighting for control in Libya (like in post-Saddam Iraq). The US and friends want to make sure that their Libyan allies stay on top.

The second link I provided mentions that there already are "Italian encampments" in Libya and French ones are on the way. Again, better sources to confirm this would be great.

nsnbc.wordpress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15-1-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Good find, and I enjoy the objective view taken on this. I looked up Cynthia and found out about as much as you did. Unfortunately, citing unnamed foreign media publications discredits her in my eyes. It would be just as simple to name those, as they should be public. The movement of 12,000 troops anywhere in the world would be widely reported.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

GlobalResearch.ca is running the Cynthia McKinney story as if it is fact.

www.globalresearch.ca...

edit on 1/15/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: capture

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

If Obama really is sending 12,000 marines to Libya, then it obviously shows their imperialist intent. It goes without saying that there still are multiple factions fighting for control in Libya (like in post-Saddam Iraq). The US and friends want to make sure that their Libyan allies stay on top.

I'm not sure I'd look so narrowly at this point. Obama is doing a lot and doing it in many directions. He's still deploying or has deployed advisers in Northern Africa hunting down the LRA rebels across at least 3 nations. Given that Libya is probably seen as more or less friendly and secure as that region goes these days, this could me a quick reaction force for things going on deeper in the horn of Africa or elsewhere.

Then again, it could be as simple as Obama helping to overthrow the Libyan regime to a bunch of radical fundamentalists....whom so many tried bringing to his attention in a variety of ways at the time. He might just be realizing how badly he screwed up and how bad Libya blowing up into an extremist regime would look for his re-election.

I'd hate to think Marines are being squandered for the political points of the President, but that seems par for the course here lately.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

The views expressed in Global Research articles are the sole responsibility of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of the Centre for Research on Globalization (CRG). The Centre for Research on Globalization will not be held responsible or liable for any inaccurate or incorrect statements contained in Global Research articles. Global Research reserves the right to remove articles from the website.

Global Research is a user-submission based website. I wouldn't constitue republishing material as an indication that it is a fact.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

It's an opinion piece not fact. Either way. I said it before and I'll say it again. NO US boots on the ground in Libya. I'll wait until we get some corroborating facts to back up this "Story"

I'm not holding my breath.
edit on 15-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Section IV of the War Powers Resolution requires the President to report to Congress whenever he introduces U.S. armed forces abroad in certain situations, barring a declaration of war or specific congressional authorization, within 48 hours.

I haven't heard anything. And no, Congress would not keep the deployment of 12,000 troops secret, especially during election season.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Then again, it could be as simple as Obama helping to overthrow the Libyan regime to a bunch of radical fundamentalists....whom so many tried bringing to his attention in a variety of ways at the time. He might just be realizing how badly he screwed up and how bad Libya blowing up into an extremist regime would look for his re-election.

No, distabilizing Libya in such a "sociocidal" way was the point of Western intervention there. It's part of the "shock and awe" strategy:

Step 1- There needs to be a catastrophe that collapses the target society. This can range from a hurracane, tsunami, and war. It needs to be catastrophic enough to sever the local government from the people.

Step 2- Send in your troops as part of a "humanitarian" or "liberation" mission. Replace former government structure with your troops so that you effectively command the devastated region. AT THE SAME TIME, send in your business types and private security forces who have the job of securing assets in the devastated zone while the local population is still desperate and in chaos.

Step 3- Install a puppet regime that will maintain your control of local assets, by suppressing anyone who tries to re-nationalize the assets that you have captured.

This strategy worked in Iraq, as well as other places (like how New Orleans changed big time after Katrina). US and its committed allies in the Libyan operation want their piece of the pie when it comes to Libyan assets.

Remember, war is not an option but a function of advanced financial capitalist states (in other words, imperialism).

yamother44-
Global Research is a user-submission based website. I wouldn't constitue republishing material as an indication that it is a fact.

Global Research is an alternative news site that is even encouraged as a reference sources at my university for academic reasons. A few of GR's journalists happen to be established authors.
edit on 15-1-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Here's a bit about 15,000 troops in Kuwait from the San Francisco Chronlcle.

The Pentagon has stationed nearly 15,000 troops in Kuwait, adding to a small contingent already there. The new units include two Army infantry brigades and a helicopter unit - a substantial increase in combat power after nearly a decade in which Kuwait chiefly served as a staging area for supplies and personnel heading to Iraq.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
All these countries will be used as staging areas for the soon-to-be-unfolding Iran war. Much easier to do now that the west has orchestrated "revolutions" all over the area. That's just my user-submitted idea. I have no facts to back that up.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Libya is a bloody mess and will be for a generation. How many wars does their have to be to realise the effects of it? Wake up people...

Peacekeeping and rebuilding is going to take a while.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Libya - 12,000 American Soldiers Waiting To Return To Malta In Libya (January 12, 2012)
Posted on 12/01/2012 at 17:23
Source: ALGERIA ISP
www.algeria-isp.com...

ISP ALGERIA / ALGERIA According ISP / Dhida According Yawm 17 fibrayr Fi Libya, information speak to the presence of 12,000 U.S. troops
Malta waiting to return to Libya (Tripoli or Benghazi).

An agreement between the rebels and Zouara foreign countries to control the border Ras Jdir. Zouara rebels are not afraid of the rebels in other regions (Laejilate, Eljmile, Rakdaline, Elassa, Zliten) because they had the promise of the West, in case of attack by Arab rebels against them, the West will protect them.

A Brega, engineers of oil have been expelled from the oil platform. They are quickly replaced by engineers from Qatar, the UAE and French.
Misrata rebels tried to enter by force to the oil platform Brega, the special forces of NATO and crushed.

Courtesy of Google Translate

Original French:

Libye – 12.000 soldats Américains en attente à Malte pour rentrer en Libye (12 janvier 2012)
Publié le 12/01/2012 à 17:23
Source : ALGERIA ISP
www.algeria-isp.com...

ALGERIA ISP / Selon ALGERIA ISP / Selon Dhida Yawme 17 fibrayr Fi Libya, des informations parlent de la présence de 12 mille soldats américains
à Malte en attente de rentrer en Libye (à Tripoli ou Benghazi).

Un accord entre les rebelles de Zouara et des pays étrangers pour contrôler le poste frontalier Ras Jdir. Les rebelles de Zouara n'ont pas peur des rebelles des autres régions (Laejilate, Eljmile, Rakdaline, Elassa, Zliten) puisqu'ils ont eu la promesse des occidentaux, en cas d'attaque des rebelles arabes contre eux, les occidentaux vont les protéger.

A Brega, des ingénieurs de pétrole ont été expulsé de la plateforme pétrolière. Ils sont vite remplacés par des ingénieurs du Qatar, De l'émirates arabes unis et Français.
Des rebelles de misrata ont essayé de rentrer par force à la plateforme pétrolière de Brega, les forces spéciales de l'Otan les ont écrases.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

10 to 12 thousand make up an Army Division....so I would find it hard to fathom...its pretty hard to move that many without lots of people knowing about it...Facebook would be swamped with soldiers talking about it and no they are not suppose too but they do and would. Mrs McKinney has some facts wrong...or the whole story is wrong. Maybe the UN is sending in some troops or something but very rare for the UN to send that many Peace Keepers so again I am very skepticle..she is known for stirring the pot...but who knows...would not surprise either way but aI highly doubt it

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Typical, if the story doesn't fit your point of view, no matter what the source, it has no credibility and must be questioned to the fullest extent and should be disregarded unless hundred % proof is brought forward, but if the story does fit your point of view, then no questions asked, no source needed, it is an absolute fact.

This is a phenomena I have seen throughout the web and in real life discussions with individuals from all back grounds. There is an evolving reality in our heads, the world governments know this and working hard to shape that reality in our heads.

That being said, why should we be surprised about this news? Did people actually get fooled by the lies again? In order for this story not to be true, you first have to believe every propaganda fed by MSM, including the idea that NATO was attacking Libya to protect civilians, including the idea that the war against Libya was for freedom, to prevent a genocide, and for Democracy.. All of which are far, far away from reality..

If you believe MSM, then it would be surprising to see America and its allies finish the war, people are forgetting how US operates its wars. Think for a second, both in Afghanistan and Iraq, the first phase of war was lies and rumors (ie excuses to bomb, destroy and kill), second phase was the actual bombardment, Special Ops and CIA operative on the ground and the creation of small temporary base. The third phase is the actual invasion if, only if a puppet regime is not replace the old government.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I'm curious now, there has been loads of adverts on the telly recently (UK) wanting people to join the Territorial Army to go over to Afghanistan, I thought we were pulling out. I wonder if this is Iran related.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Pretty obvious move really, they got the elqueda guys to do the fighting for them, now theyll send the marines to wipe them out and take over .Before they ever leave now, there will have to be a sympathetic (read corrupt)pro us govt installed.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by insaan

Typical, if the story doesn't fit your point of view, no matter what the source, it has no credibility and must be questioned to the fullest extent and should be disregarded unless hundred % proof is brought forward, but if the story does fit your point of view, then no questions asked, no source needed, it is an absolute fact.

This is a phenomena I have seen throughout the web and in real life discussions with individuals from all back grounds. There is an evolving reality in our heads, the world governments know this and working hard to shape that reality in our heads.

That being said, why should we be surprised about this news? Did people actually get fooled by the lies again? In order for this story not to be true, you first have to believe every propaganda fed by MSM, including the idea that NATO was attacking Libya to protect civilians, including the idea that the war against Libya was for freedom, to prevent a genocide, and for Democracy.. All of which are far, far away from reality..

If you believe MSM, then it would be surprising to see America and its allies finish the war, people are forgetting how US operates its wars. Think for a second, both in Afghanistan and Iraq, the first phase of war was lies and rumors (ie excuses to bomb, destroy and kill), second phase was the actual bombardment, Special Ops and CIA operative on the ground and the creation of small temporary base. The third phase is the actual invasion if, only if a puppet regime is not replace the old government.

Um, I think you have misunderstood my point of view. In short, my point of view is consistent with yours. Hope that clears it up for you.

I posted the globalresearch.ca article in support of those who believe Cynthia McKinney.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by insaan

You must have missed it when I said:

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
All these countries will be used as staging areas for the soon-to-be-unfolding Iran war. Much easier to do now that the west has orchestrated "revolutions" all over the area. That's just my user-submitted idea. I have no facts to back that up.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

It's an opinion piece not fact.

Makes quite a bit of difference to whether it's real or not.....no sources, no other verification...the ONLY info on the web about US troops in Malta are repeats of this opinion piece.

To me it looks like argumentum ex culo - perhaps not by the author - perhaps someone has actually told her this......but until someone comes up with better info - like units, etc., I'm going with it being bunk.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join