It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man injured in London EDL disturbance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Man injured in London EDL disturbance

www.bbc.co.uk

A man was taken to hospital and 15 people were arrested after a fight involving the English Defence League in east London, police say.

Police were called to reports of an assault in Whitechapel Road on Saturday afternoon when EDL supporters travelled to the area after a gathering in Barking.

The fight led to a larger disturbance, at one point involving several hundred people, and bottles were thrown.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I used to be in support of the EDL, but they have shown themselves to me to be nothing more than ignorant and uninformed idiots. This further strengthens this view and also makes their public image even worse than it already is.

I do believe that they have a legitimate concern about the islamification of the UK, the only problem is that they are ignorant racist idiots!

I find it interesting that it does not mention WHO got injured, was it an EDL member? A policeman? A member of the public not involved with the protest? A UAF member?

My guess is that it's an EDL member, whilst having this news on their website the BBC have conviently neglected WHO the person was and why they were there. Kind of double standards I think as if it was a police man or something it would of been big news.

It's a shame that the EDL are ignorant racists, it makes a legitimate concern about the encroachment of Islam on UK society even more of a taboo subject.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)[
edit on 14-1-2012 by Resentedhalo08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
You never get to hear about when they are well behaved. And you sure don't get to hear when the media reports that 15 people are arrested, but that those people are not EDL.

While there are certainly lots of racists in their midst, the TPTB sure don't want them to become less so. The ones that aren't racists are inconvenient.

I will also point out that in any crowd of this nature there are idiots, and there are professionals. Professional instigators should always be in your list of potential problems in any gathering in public.
edit on 2012/1/14 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I completely agree, publically the BBC pride themselves on being unbiased but in reality the truth couldn't be further from the truth, they are playing to a set agenda, they report on things that serve a certain world view and in the public eye the EDL are considered to be left wing racist facists, they are vilified constantly.

I do not support the EDL anymore as there are far too many ignorant racists in their ranks, but the message and their concerns are very real and of a great concern to your average person in the UK, especially to young working class males such as myself.

What I dislike is the stance of such organisations such as the BBC to paint a one sided picture and essentially making a legitimate argument taboo and something that is not talked about, anyone who has concerns about the islamification of the UK is instantly branded a racist and their opinion is then disregarded.

Something needs to be done in this country I think, I personally believe that the EDL need to clean their act up, find the racist idiots that are involved and get rid of them! The public image they have needs fixing as at the moment their argument and message is being over shadowed with news headlines such as this. They are becoming more and more associated with violence and negative outcomes rather than the actual message being heard loud and clear and like I said their main message, NO to further islamification of the UK and NO to islamic extremism is not getting heard.
edit on 14-1-2012 by Resentedhalo08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

I'm interested in knowing what the fight was about? Who were fighting who? Those information was left out from the article you posted. I'm guessing the fight was between Muslims and the EDL, if so, who started the fight? It seems the information was intentional left out to avoid more anger and more fighting.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
At least one fight I've heard about before has been some members of the EDL trying to get the idiots to go away. So the fight was between one large group trying to have a political message, against another smaller group of hooligans and racists.

Now there is clearly a problem with bigotry. I'd never heard the term "muzzies" until I started tracking them. WTF?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

"muzzies"
I'm not being 'ist' but I think the term comes from up north.
They seem to have problems with the English language sometimes.......

new topics

top topics

join