It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomed Russian probe Phobos-Grunt to crash on Earth this Sunday.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Eyes in the sky this Sunday, because that probe is carrying a container with several experimental bacteria, including surrogates for Anthrax, that were exposed to zero gravity this whole time and according to NASA studies, such microorganisms become more virulent and lethal in space.

The failed Russian Mars probe, Phobos-Grunt, continued its descent to Earth on Saturday, losing hundreds of metres in height every hour.
By 23:00 Saturday (GMT), the 13-tonne spacecraft was circling the planet at a mean altitude of 147km. It is likely to impact the thicker parts of the atmosphere and burn up sometime late on Sunday, according to orbital tracking experts.
The Russian space agency says little of the probe will survive to the surface.
It calculates no more than 200kg in maybe 20-30 fragments.
Precisely where on the Earth's surface - and when - this material could impact is impossible to say, however. There are huge uncertainties in forecasting the final moments of a re-entry.

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.technologyreview.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

S&F, thank you for bringing this subject back up, it was mentioned some time ago but seemed to slip under the radar.

All kinds of conclusions can be drawn from this...I am one of those people that believe that this may be a small attempt/experiment in population control that the PTB are obsessed with.

I hope that it plunges into the deepest part of the sea and that there is no risk to us all, it will be a shame on the marine life but I can live with a few flippers and jaws dying off rather than people.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I don't know much about virology, but wouldn't all the bacteria burn up upon re-entry as well? S&F for the heads up. Hopefully someone can give us more info on what if any virus can/could be airborne.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by theguygeeza

The gov'ts of militarized superpower nations couldn't care less about where their space trash might fall.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by theguygeeza

thank you for bringing this subject back up, it was mentioned some time ago but seemed to slip under the radar.

Except for this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
"And the stars will fall from the heavens"...could this be what that old Hopi prophecy mentioned?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Thread started earlier today:

and in there is a link to a tracker brought by Illustronic:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaarkSyde2012
I don't know much about virology, but wouldn't all the bacteria burn up upon re-entry as well? S&F for the heads up. Hopefully someone can give us more info on what if any virus can/could be airborne.

there are some that can alot cant but with these "experimental" bacteria theres no way of telling wwhich way its gonna go

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
....... that probe is carrying a container with several experimental bacteria, including surrogates for Anthrax,

Where did you get that information ?

It isn`t in either of the links you posted.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

You can find what's in the probe in this thread:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
planetary.org...

this is what's onboard, more info on Universe today website. Good luck all!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
....... that probe is carrying a container with several experimental bacteria, including surrogates for Anthrax,

Where did you get that information ?

It isn`t in either of the links you posted.

planetary.org...
pubs.acs.org...

I couldn't find the exact article, but one of the microorganisms aboard Phobos Grunt, is the Bacillus subtilis, an engineered surrogate for anthrax.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Thank you very much for the link.Got a bit of reading to do
I was talking to a friend who knows a little bit more than I about this issue and apparently some viruses can be heat activated. Again Thanks.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
www.n2yo.com...

The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Overload? Damn wanted to watch it till it hits.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

Well according to this site which is supposed to be live, as of 4:31 pm.EST, it is now

PHOBOS-GRUNT
LOCAL TIME:
16:31:42
UTC:
21:31:42
LATITUDE:
LONGITUDE:
ALTITUDE [km]:
ALTITUDE [mi]:
SPEED [km/s]:
SPEED [mi/s]:
AZIMUTH:

NE
ELEVATION:
RA:
10h 43m 36s
DEC:
-9° 22' 55''
The satellite is in Earth's shadow
PERIOD:
89m

Over Pakistan. Our local news is saying it landed off the coast of Chile by the wellington islands. Who is
lying?

[url[www.n2yo.com...[/url]
edit on 15-1-2012 by DaarkSyde2012 because: link

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
:lol Phobos Grunt is now coming back over Australia, guess they missed Iran again eh?

www.n2yo.com...

edit on 15-1-2012 by DaarkSyde2012 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join