It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Freedom Based On Your Age?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Maybe you are right, I don't care what the neighborhood thinks of me anymore life and life's circumstance have left me this way. I'm a few years older than you and there was a time when I cared, but also at this age too it doesn't necessarily unfettered freedom at least to me sometimes it means a burden. So I guess that makes me crankier than you!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

you're right - I take parenthood a bit seriously - I don't consider myself trapped or not free to make choices because of it - and I'm not trying to argue either, I'm just trying to say that kids or no kids, you're free man, you really are

I've always been free to take off and do whatever I want and ignore my responsibilities - and I chose not to - and I'm glad you also choose not to - I just hate the idea of what you're saying - it seems like you're saying you're trapped... that incites resentment.... thats scary to me - I may be misinterpreting of course, I'm not perfect, and as I said, I do take parenting seriously

I think ye a good guy too

we can agree to disagree, and thats classy

so I leave on my main point from the very beginning - Freedom is a state of mind - as long as you have choices, you're free to make them, and if you don't care what other people think, that makes choices that much easier to make - even if you're Bonnie or Clyde

Mad love ♥

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Trapped,maybe.
But am I going to run away from it,no.
I will let it run it's course,my life that is.
At the point that I am free of responsibility,I am sure I will crave it .
Then the time will come that I will need help,and then lose my freedom.
Freedom is a fleeting notion ,isn't it.

<< 1   >>

join