It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korean Ship Sinks After Explosion; 3 dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

South Korean Ship Sinks After Explosion; 3 dead

www.koreaherald.com

INCHEON (Yonhap News) -- A freight ship carrying oil exploded in waters off the port city of Incheon Sunday morning, killing three crew members and causing eight others to go missing, the Coast Guard said.

The 4191-ton vessel's explosion took place in waters three miles north of Jawol Island near Incheon around at 8:05 a.m., the Coast Guard said. Five people aboard the ship were rescued, it said.

A total of 11 Korean and five Myanmarese crewmen were aboard the ship, the Coast Guard said. The exact cause of the explosion was not immediately known.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ctv.ca

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The exact cause of the explosion was not immediately known. But usually when a ship sinks, we don't see the cause as being an explosion.

UPDATE: It is reported that the ship was empty at the time, carrying no chemicals. However, it was carrying oil.

Check back for news about any possible NK involvement.

www.koreaherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I'm assuming this is just a sad accident, but you always have to keep your ideas open...

Kim Jong Un is a lot more "hip" to world politics compared to his father.

He might realize the world is too busy with Iran to help SK...

I just want to say if NK is involved... I called this last week

edit on 14-1-2012 by YouAreLiedTo because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I can see no logical reason for NK to do this, but on the other hand, it is fairly close to the NK border

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
North Korea lost out last time I heard the grey area tested. Is it a message to the petro dollar? The separation of the USD into international and domestic currencies? The rise of a more level playing field between international currencies with the SDR?

Or did some just forget to tighten up a bolt when doing some maintenance?

top topics

join