It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Campaign Major Announcement Tomorrow, 01/15/12

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Not Ron Paul

Running mate, VP, whatever. I was just trying to take a whack at what this announcement could be

And tomorrow in Myrtle Beach, I’m hosting a rally, where I’ll be making a MAJOR campaign announcement that’s sure to rock the political establishment and boost me even further in the polls.
I can't wait to hear it!
edit on 14-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

Not to be a downer, but since when is an endorsement from a state senator an announcement " to rock the political establishment"??

There have been other state senators in other states that have endorsed Dr Paul, but it hasn't been hyped this way. How will it "rock the polictical establishment"??

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well that makes me very happy to hear.

Our local talk radio, right wing of course, spent months slamming Romny and that they would never support him...but now they are lock stepping it with the establishment and bailing on Ron Paul. I hate these hypocritical cowards....talking about "taking individual responsibility" and then turning around spouting that they need to do whatever it takes to prevent Obama getting a 2nd term.

These same people are the ones that voted for McCain....to hell with the Country, I mean how bad could this Sara Palin person be, not any worse than lets say........someone with an education....I mean anyone is better than a Democrat.....cause me and my kin know the difference between a Republican and a Democrat...ones gotta tail they hiding.

ooooooh, my point...........Good, Ron needs the support from other establishment people so those cowards can come back and tell us they never left.......don't care as long as they give Ron their votes.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

I was thinking the same thing dude, it's gotta be something much bigger than that. What would qualify as "MAJOR", to the degree that it will "rock the political establishment", and "boost him" in the polls?.....

I really doubt it's going to be him announcing a third party run.

I also don't think it's going to be about this endorsement from the senator.

The only thing I can think of is he will use a time machine to transport the Founding Fathers to the future in order to start a second revolution.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Ah just alittle confusion on my side, Tom Davis is a district senator for the South Carolina upper house, not a State representitive:
en.wikipedia.org...

senatortomdavis.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Maybe there's more to this, who knows? I really like this guy Davis. If what they say is true, he could pull a lot of people toward RP in SC. We'll know tomorrow, then next Saturday I guess.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Actually, it would be a "major" and bold political move for him to go Independent at this time.

1) Mitt is going to win SC. Ron might even finish 3rd. The only way to insure momentum is to go Independent.
2) If he goes Independent and Tom is the first to endorse him....Sweet move for Tom and his Tea Party aspirations.
I can think of even more reasons but I want to spend all my ATS points betting on this announcement.

RON PAUL GOES INDEPENDENT, MITT TEARS HIS HAIR OUT....In other news....Obama signs his kids up for 4 more years of ballet lessons.

I'm calling the shot..........Ron goes Independent.......(((((shhhh...can I delete this tomorrow if I have to?))))

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

No way dude! He doesn't have nearly enough dough flowing in to run as an independent. Plus he got third in Iowa, second in New Hampshire, and now he's surging in South Carolina with still a week left until the primary! Switching to an independent at this point would be stupid.

It's not going to be that. Have you not seen the interviews where they ask him if he's going to run as an independent? That's like 50% of the mainstream media interviews, and he never suggests that he's even as much as considering it.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Yea, I think / hope you guys are right. It's pretty much confirmed about the endorsement.

Okay...whoever calls it gets 2 RP chocolate bars!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

Ron Paul is announcing the second American Revolution.

Ron Paul is announcing that Obama and Mitt Romney's top campaign donors are the same big banks, and a Romney/Obama election would be like voting for which of the two rock 'em sock 'em robots that one guy is controlling is better.

Ron Paul is announcing that he and Rand Paul will surgically combine their brains and run for president as Rond Paul.

Daily Paul members are suggesting that the Senator Tom Davis endorsement will be the announcement: It's Official: "Exclusive: Top S.C. Tea Party Senator (Tom Davis) To Endorse Paul".

Yeah they're right, that's the announcement. Taken from the senators website:

SOUTH CAROLINA STATE SENATOR TOM DAVIS

SC Senator Tom Davis will announce his endorsement in the Palmetto State’s “First in the South” presidential primary, backing a candidate who can beat Barack Obama while at the same time staying true to the principles the Republican Party was founded on. His endorsement will take place Sunday, January 15, 2012 at 6:00 p.m. in the Pallisades Ballroom, 10000 Beach Club Drive, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572.

How would that "rock the political establishment" though?
How is this "MAJOR"? I want an excitement refund!

ETA: I just realized you had that link in the OP. I felt like a crack detective tracking down that information, but it was here the whole time

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Rond Paul? Classic!

Anyway, that's why I originally said in my OP I thought DeMint would be jumping on board as well. Davis is big, but you guys might be right about rocking the political establishment.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

(First, I need to re-learn how to do all that capture quote stuff on this site)

I just copied and pasted the following from another Ron Paul thread and they were quoting this from some other news source...Sounds like it supports my bet!

If congressional Republicans are hurting the GOP brand, the party’s 2012 presidential candidates may be making things even worse. By a margin of 53%-38% respondents said the more they watch the GOP nomination, the less they like what the Republican Party has to offer. Frontrunner Mitt Romney is not personally popular with Republicans or Independents. Only 31% of Republicans and 27% of Independents had warm feelings for Romney. Republicans are cold on Romney, and they are ready to bolt to a third party candidate. 18%-25% of Republicans and Republican leaners surveyed said that they would vote for a conservative third party candidate, and if that candidate was Ron Paul, Romney’s general election support would collapse.

signature:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Do brackets around ex, then brackets around ex with a backslash inside and before ex.

I'll put an extra e so you can see what I mean: [eex] [/eex]. Same with quotes, [qquote] [/qquote]

I'm 99.9% sure that the announcement is going to be about that Senator announcing his support for Ron Paul. He is going to be there at the same location at the same time to endorse a presidential candidate. That's definitely what it's going to be dude, or at least that's going to be a part of it.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Yes, but that isn't as "Major" as going Independant AND getting Tom's endorsement...Not to mention that Tom might just end up being VP in the deal.

Ron's people are smart. The media/establishment already has their headlines for after the SC results.
"Mitt is the only non-incumbent that has won Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina." They will crown him right there and make sure everybody knows the race is over....BUT......

If Ron goes Independent...(which by the way, is now or never if he stands a chance AS an Independent) It will
deflate the hell out of anything Mitt does. It will make Ron a front runner instantly. It will make Mitt's campaign feel worse than a Bronco's fan. It would be a game changer.

Even better...the people that are absolutely dead set against Obama....they will have to study the tea leaves very carefully and may just throw everything behind Ron just to make sure they defeat Obama....( I doubt it of course) but all those people that were going to plug their nose and vote for Mitt...well they know that vote won't mean a damn thing with Ron as an Independent, so they would rather throw their vote to him.

It is bold and risky.......but it is Ron's best chance......It is a smart move either way for Tom to endorse him because it shows that he is supporting the Tea Party..........What if Ron announces he is running as the TEA PARTY candidate!!!!!!!! (That still counts for my wager)

and if I am right about this....I expect every Ron Paul supporter to shower me with stars and I want my ATS status to be elevated to "Political Expert Pundit Extrodinaire"......or Pepe for short....I love the name Pepe....

edit on 14-1-2012 by Res Ipsa because: why must this be filled out? Ron wouldn't make me fill this out if he were President.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Ron Paul do you want a MAJOR announcement? Here's a thought, name Jessue Ventura or Judge Andrew Napolitano as your VP. Now that's major.
edit on 15-1-2012 by Tesclo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Maybe he's announcing a new political party.
Part of the plan?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Doubt it. He'd be excluded from all the debates and primaries.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
Maybe he's announcing a new political party.
Part of the plan?

Well that's an interesting thought, but not likely from Paul at this stage. He chooses his battles too carefully to risk it now. He is already running as a republican because he couldn't get enough widespread support as a Libertarian. I think I heard him say something along the lines of "America is not ready yet for a third party president." And he has a shot now, so a new political party at this stage of the game would be disaster. There is just not enough time to start something like that now.

An announcement that Kucinich has accepted to run as VP with Paul, would, however, be a pretty bold move. Paul listens to his supporters. And with all the speculation of the strong potential political strategy an RP/DK ticket could be to tap in to a large number of Dems- in NH 18% of Dems voted for Paul- it is possible Paul might have agreed, approached Dennis, and struck a deal.

And there would be additional benefits to make this move now, as opposed to waiting for the nomination: more time to convince more people that THIS is the ticket to win in 2012.

edit on Sun Jan 15th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
My prediction:

Sarah Palin will endorse Ron Paul tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The republican establishment is not going to nominate him, no matter what the people want. They are in their own little world.

He might as well go independent.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join