It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Campaign Major Announcement Tomorrow, 01/15/12

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Found this on the DP website...

Big Announcement Tomorrow!

Coming off my strong finishes in Iowa and New Hampshire, recent South Carolina polls show I’ve surged into third place and am rising.

And tomorrow in Myrtle Beach, I’m hosting a rally, where I’ll be making a MAJOR campaign announcement that’s sure to rock the political establishment and boost me even further in the polls.

Where's the rally?

The campaign announcement I’m making will take place at the Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort and Conference Center, located at 10000 Beach Club Drive in Myrtle Beach.

Source

So, what's the major announcement? Could it have something to do with this guy?

SC Senator Tom Davis To Make Endorsement In Next Few Days,

His endorsement will take place Sunday, January 15, 2012 at 6:00 p.m. in the Pallisades Ballroom, 10000 Beach Club Drive, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572.

Sen. Tom Davis endorsement announcement details

This is the MOST sought after endorsement in SC and could be what RP needs to give him even more momentum and possibly even win the "First In The South" Primary.

I wonder if US Senator DeMint will be joining them? That would be a Grand-Slam for the campaign!

edit on 1/14/2012 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/1/2012 by Sauron because: edit title per OP request

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
So help me, if he's dropping out, my head will explode!
Second line.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Jim DeMint: Ron Paul Supporters Part of Our Natural Base

Just ahead of the GOP primary battle in South Carolina, Senator Jim DeMint is encouraging Republican candidates to embrace the economic ideas Ron Paul has put forward.

One of the things that's have hurt the so-called conservative alternatives is saying derogatory things about Ron Paul. I don't agree with him on everything but he's right about the out-of-control and unaccountable Federal Reserve, he's right about the need for limited constitutional government and the importance of individual liberty.

The 20 percent or the 25 percent of those supporting him are people that we need in the Republican party. A lot of them are Libertarians but they're our natural base and we shouldn't ignore them.

I cannot wait to hear what the announcement is. Even though I am not a Paul supporter he still has my ear.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

It's a hoax!! Or not?

Nothing at all from Dr Paul's official pages.

edit on 14-1-2012 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

He talks about the announcement boosting him even further in the polls so I am quite certain he isn't dropping out. Maybe you missed that part?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

It's a hoax!! Or not?

Nothing at all from Dr Paul's official pages.

edit on 14-1-2012 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

Go to the Source...it's an email from Dr. Paul.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Thanks for the tube interview.

It looks like no official endorsement from DeMint but he does support Dr. Paul and will work with him in the Senate if elected.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

No need to get snotty! I'm on the e-mail list and have not received any news of the "major announcement" and I just checked again.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I don't see why he would make a major
announcement about someone endorsing him.
Is that not what the endorser does?
Could be a number of things
endorsements only go so far
though..

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

No need to get snotty! I'm on the e-mail list and have not received any news of the "major announcement" and I just checked again.

Who was getting snotty??

OMG, I was just giving you the link in case you missed it

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
RP needs to get some major endorsements under his belt, this one could be the one that gives him serious momentum and shows that core fiscal conservatives can get behind RP. It's not much of a surprise he would back Paul, Tom Davis absolutely hates Romney. (too bad most of the GOP doesn't share Davis' convictions, instead they are corporate shills).

Leading SC Senator Blisters Romney

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well, if it's true and I hope it is, the Paul campaign needs to update their website a little faster.

I donated to the SC Moneybomb today and received an e-mail thanking me, but no mention of a "major announcement". There shoulda been something on the Moneybomb page as it would encourage folks to give more!!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Some are not convinced about a campaign announcement yet or RP being there but Davis will be giving his endorsement. That much is true. I'd be surprised...the DP usually won't put anything front page unless it's true.
I'll send Davis a Tweet and see what he says.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Graham and Demitt are the South Carolina Senators.........this other guy is a State senator.
...I guess I hope he is more influencial then my State's senators....who ever the hell they are.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Some DP'ers called the Hotel and said they confirmed RP will be there. I hope so because I know people who are already headed there...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I think it will simply be the endorsmentc from Tom Davis

DAILYPAUL.COM It's Official: "Exclusive: Top S.C. Tea Party Senator (Tom Davis) To Endorse Paul"

edit on 14-1-2012 by piett because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
Graham and Demitt are the South Carolina Senators.........this other guy is a State senator.
...I guess I hope he is more influencial then my State's senators....who ever the hell they are.

Not surprisingly, Davis’ nod has been among the most sought-after of the primary season. Last year, The Politico named him one of its “50 politicos to watch,” while a recent CNN story referenced him as a “rising star.”
His influence obviously hasn’t been lost on the candidates, either.
“To get an endorsement from someone like Tom Davis is a big deal,” former U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum told The Hilton Head Island Packet recently. “It would speak volumes to folks and make them take notice and give us a look.”

Source

Apparently, this guys endorsement is a big deal in SC. I even read his endorsement is bigger than their governor's.

Tom Davis’ Kingmaking Evolution

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Hopefully he's announcing who his vice president will be. If the annoucement is really as "MAJOR" as it's being hyped up to be, I'll be sure to donate to the South Carolina moneybomb for the third time.

edit on 14-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Hopefully he's announcing who his vice president will be

Doesn't he need to get the nomination first?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddog99
So, what's the major announcement? Could it have something to do with this guy?

SC Senator Tom Davis To Make Endorsement In Next Few Days,

I've only heard of Tom Davis through this thread. At the moment Lindsey Graham and Jim DeMint are the senators of South Carolina. From the information I've gathered, Tom Davis was apparently a former House representitive of Virginia. Can somebody please clarify this for me?

In anycase an endorsement would be good form Ron Paul, I'd say that every candidate aside from Mitt Romney will need every endorsement and support they can get. At the moment Romney appears to have the money machine behind him, the support, and the endorsement of most higher ups in the GOP, and he is ignoring the other presidential GOP candidates.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join