It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SO. A.Z. Ethnic Studies Program- Problem: Solved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It does not matter where they are from? Poland, Africa, Middle East and lets not forget Asian countries as well. Point is it is not fair for every citizen in this entire state that is not of Mexican decent be forced to finance the education those that that are, especially when the ones that are paying the most of the cost are not Mexican American and cannot have their own children educated in their family's heritage in the same manor. That $h1t just will not fly on a state or federal level if you include the federal money we get. It opens up the state to thousands of law suits for discrimination by every other race or even religion for that matter.
SO... Here is how you take care of this whole ESP nightmare........

I believe that the school at the Tucson Jewish community center is privately funded by the Jewish population and does not operate with state and federal money like TUSD. I'm sure that those children are well instructed on Jewish cultures and history before they are sent into this world.
Why not have the Hispanic populations do the same thing? God knows there are enough of them here...lol some have done quite well and found a great life here, prospered and are very wealthy.
I say open up their own Mexican community center with a school that teaches Mexican cultures and history like the ESP did before they are released into society if they think that it is so important to them. It's about time that the Mexican American population steps up to the plate and pays up for this kind of education themselves if they want it so bad. How many thousands if not millions have come to this country seeking refuge and work in this country and found and much better life? 90% of them fleeing from a country that is either in poverty or has had a corrupt government for generations.

Tony Blair: (Who I really don't like) former prime minister of England once said something that always struck me as cool.
You do not judge a country's greatness by how mighty its military is.
You do not judge a country's greatness by its wealth or power either.
You judge a country's greatness by ...how many people are trying to get "into" it!

The Mexicans came here for a better life, time for the ones that succeeded here to make it happen for the rest that want too.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
For multiculturalism to work it is important to recognise the differences that exist between cultures. I know it is easy to get sidetracked with issues of racism and discrimination which quickly kills any constructive debates. I know everyone is different and there are always exceptions, but to generalise.

Mexicans are great at farming and providing the lunch for these Jewish schools. Literacy around the world is a huge problem with the infrastructure required for schools taking a lot of time and resources to develop. The world is becoming a more crowed place and better cohesion between cultures is needed. To achieve this we have to recognise our strengths and weaknesses so the best parts of our cultural diversity can combine.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
For multiculturalism to work it is important to recognise the differences that exist between cultures. I know it is easy to get sidetracked with issues of racism and discrimination which quickly kills any constructive debates. I know everyone is different and there are always exceptions, but to generalise.

Mexicans are great at farming and providing the lunch for these Jewish schools. Literacy around the world is a huge problem with the infrastructure required for schools taking a lot of time and resources to develop. The world is becoming a more crowed place and better cohesion between cultures is needed. To achieve this we have to recognise our strengths and weaknesses so the best parts of our cultural diversity can combine.

In So. A.Z. especially there are many wealthy and successful Mexican Americans that hold important administration offices as well as successful business owners, judges lawyers ect. Just as much or more than Jewish people. So, around here, Mexicans hold more worth than supplying lunch. At the same time, for whatever farms are around, I'll guarantee its the Mexicans doing the cultivating. Many Illegal.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

I do acknowledge there are exceptions, but how many of these more predominate Mexicans where actually raised in the American Education system and are for all intent purposes American? They may have a different ancestry but have grown up in the same environment.

I know here in Australia we have had problems with illegal Chinese works on some of the mines. Without any union protection for the workers they receive very low pay and dangerous working conditions.

top topics

join