It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian Air Force vs. Pakistani Air Force

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Good work daedalus.

dont quote me but that guy sounds like one more of those terrorists from the terror camps in PoK.

Mr nofear, everyone has a right to be patriotic, but please do exercise patience, prudence and think about the concequences before making such strong worded insults at other members and their nations.

Read my signature too

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Wow, I never thought I'd see such vitriol in this forum.
This is about aircraft folks, politics is another forum.

THE CENSORS ARE THERE FOR A REASON, DON'T CIRCUMVENT THEM.

WARNINGS WILL FOLLOW IF THIS CONTINUES.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Wow, I never thought I'd see such vitriol in this forum.
This is about aircraft folks, politics is another forum.

THE CENSORS ARE THERE FOR A REASON, DON'T CIRCUMVENT THEM.

WARNINGS WILL FOLLOW IF THIS CONTINUES.

Its Indo-Pak dude.

Hostile neighbours and hostile at whatever they do, and like always initiated by that pakistani, pepped by the chinese.

Dont hesitate to warn, even if its me. maintaining sanctity on ATS must be top priority always

Also , i request nofear07 and that chinese general to stick the topic of the thread.

Needless provocation will only snowall into a slugfeast.

Please do exercise common sense before posting mr nofear007.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
SS, I am well aware of the political climate of the area but ATS strives to remain above the average site. This will be monitored closely and some carry banhammers.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
^^^ hence my immediate shifting of the acidic post to the boards and questions forum. My entiments exactly, these staements even go beyond the realms of political bickering. Its pure blind haterd w/o a shred of reasoning. So I brought this up to the notice of the entire ATS community.

Im sure the moderator dude who posted above me must have seen that thread...

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hockeyguy567

An average US pilot is better than the best Indian AF pilot. No one (besides Israel) comes close to the US in terms of pilot training, so don't compare this.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by no_fear007
I am CANADIAN!

Hmmmm....not surprising at all.

It'll take some 50 years for anyone in pakistan to get internet connection and 20 more years for them to find about ATSN.

But, why are you venting your speen on india.
i bet you were born in Pok and then migrated to cannada like a coward, as daedalus pointed out earlier.

as for me, you are right i am indian, go to school in india and will die in india.

BTW : very surprised to find you have'nt been warned or banned despite that nonsense you posted.

Interpid, what's going on. You allied with no fear07 or what

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hockeyguy567

An average US pilot is better than the best Indian AF pilot. No one (besides Israel) comes close to the US in terms of pilot training, so don't compare this.

How ignorant can people get ????

so much for deny ingorance

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Aight, everybody. U wont see no more anti-indian posts from me no more. I dont wanna be banned. I love this website. Peace, even to deadous or whatever ur name is and to stealthspy.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Was it J-7P that shot down the Su-30s and Mirage 2000s from india years ago?

Correct me if I am wrong.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by plutonian

What in blazes are you talking about!!??!!

Also no fear chill you can post anti-indian if you like but no profanities. I know by experience that PAF pilots are very well trained and professional

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I remember I have read it somewhere but forgot the source.

I know that PAF really deserves some respect, since they are still standing strong after US screwed them over big time.

[edit on 15-11-2004 by plutonian]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by plutonian

This never happened. India started getting Su-30s only 4/5 years ago, so how could they were shot down years ago.

Also India lost only 3(4??) Mirage 2000s in 15 years(before last month), out of which couple of them were lost in a hangar collapse and one in accident.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Thanks for the info, it is greatly appreciated.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
When did the US screw the PAF over??

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The question that is relevant is how many Indian planes would survive Pakistan�s Air Defenses as a whole. In the last war India�s air-force was decimated by superior Pakistani ADA. In the last nuclear standoff there was a lot of discussion about India not believing they could reliably deliver their nuclear strike via plane. Remember, they started a crash missle program after that standoff.

Also, more on topic, the Pakistani air force consists of 20 squadrons containing some 504 aircraft. Let�s see a breakdown:

4 E-2C Airborne Early Warning (AEW)
4 E-3A Airborne Early Warning (AEW)
3 P-3C Orien Anti-Submarine Warfare Patrol
29 F-16A Falcon Air Defense(FTR)
11 F-16B Trainer
58 Mirage V Ground Attack Fighter (FTR-BMR)
110 Mirage III Ground Attack Fighter (FTR-BMR)
12 Mirage III RP Reconnaissance and Patrol
49 Chinese A5c Ground Attack Fighter (FTR-BMR)
135 Chinese Q5 Ground Attack Fighter (FTR-BMR)
50 Chinese J6 Fighter Interceptor (FTR)
160 Chinese F-7P Fighter Interceptor (FTR) (mod MIG-21)
53 T-37 Flight Trainer
16 C-130 Hercules Transport/Cargo
3 Boeing 707 VIP Transport

Not great but enough to keep the Indian air-force engaged.

Link to more information

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
When did the US screw the PAF over??

In the early 80s, PAF bought some F-16s from US, US didn't make the second shipment of 70 F-16s due to P's nuclear test, and held on to the payment until recent years. (quite a lot of money) The PAF general said the Indians would not get the better end if they had the planes.

You can find plenty info about the Pakinstan nuclear test.

[edit on 15-11-2004 by plutonian]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Theres something thats not right. If pak bought the F-16s in the 80s, im sure they would have obtained all by 1998, the year pakistan conducted nuclear tests. Then what is the point banning the sale after 1998?
I don't remember exactly but there was another reason for the Us to halt the transfer of those jets....

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Pressler Amendment prevented the delivery.

A passage from an article regarding Pressler Amendment :-

"By 1983 the CIA strongly suspected that China had supplied Pakistan with bomb design, but the White House looked the other way. On Capitol Hill this was deemed a matter of great concern and in 1985 Congress passed the Pressler amendment, requiring economic sanctions unless the White House certified that Pakistan was not embarked on nuclear weapons program. Islamabad was duly certified every year until 1990. That year, however, Pakistan made cores for several nuclear weapons, and the administration of Bush, Sr.�under Pressler amendment�imposed economic, military sanctions against Pakistan."

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
^^YEah now thats right!! The Pressler amendment...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join