It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help me identify these lights. military helicopters or....???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
last night around 7ish my young daughter and i were coming back from a trip to the store and a few blocks from my home i saw some red lights above the trees. i said "um... what is that?". what we saw were 5-7 red lights just above the trees at a distance of about a mile (very uneducated guess). we could tell that the lights would dim and brighten slowly and they were low. just above the trees from our vantage point. they were all separate "crafts" because it was evident they were moving independently. they seemed to be moving relatively slowly.

as i approached the house i couldn't see them over the trees so i ran through the house to the backyard and got up on the trampoline to see if i could see them. all i could see was one so i ran back through the house and got in the car with the kids to go to the freeway which is less than a minute from me and elevated. i drove for 20 minutes and we never saw another sign of them.

we did a bunch of google searches involving red lights and the only thing that comes up is if i add UFO into the search. the video in the link is very similar to what we saw only we seemed to be closer to the lights than the person in this video seems to be.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

the formation of what's in the video is THE SAME as what we saw only more "crafts" were involved.

there was no sound that i could hear. there is a military base here and i've heard military helicopters... they are louder than regular ones. with so many i don't understand why we couldn't hear anything.... if that's what they were.

any ideas???

edit on 14-1-2012 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
well... its not a chopper. Thats all I can say

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

what makes you say that? this is going to drive me nuts. i'm glad my daughter was with me so i have a witness LOL!

what color lights to military helicopters have? i've been told red and yellow by one person.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
i'll add that to me it seemed that each "craft" had two red lights on it.
edit on 14-1-2012 by pasiphae because: typo

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

looks like a TR-3B/Triangle
but it's missing the center (white) light ...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazkaat

looks like a TR-3B/Triangle
but it's missing the center (white) light ...

i think i'm going to try to draw out what we saw (with her help). it was not at ALL one craft. there were several and i don't think they were purposefully making a formation but the image i remember in my mind is a big spread out M with a couple of others in there. they didn't stay in the exact same "pattern" as they moved which is why i know they were all separate.

definitely NO white light whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It's a stealth mil craft, nothing more.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
here's another video that is EXACTLY what we saw other than "there's f-in hundreds of 'em!" . this is over a city by the way. not in the country. there were probably 7... no more than that. could have been someones idea of a joke. i may never know.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PFCStryker
It's a stealth mil craft, nothing more.

7 of them?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Stealth mil crafts do fly in formations and the reason why the lights are dimmed is because they're trying to minimize the risk of being noticed during missions but at the same time not 'cause any catastrophe during runway landings on bases. You live close by a mil installation so mil exercise is more likely.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PFCStryker

i'll buy that. i'm not 100% convinced of anything. my brother did say one drone flew over his house last night. that would have been a 40 minute car ride from where these were.

edit to add - is there a video of that sort of thing so i can compare??
edit on 14-1-2012 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I doubt you can find a good clear video of a stealth mil craft in formation action. In the first place their flights and mil exercises were meant to be "secret". maybe you'll find some blurry and shaky ones in YouTube but they're so unclear and shaky that it's hard to make of what it is on the video so people end up asking the same question. "Is it a UFO or a Plane"

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
In addition we do have plenty of secret stealth crafts made with distinct designs that when civilians sees it they have no idea what the heck is it they would think that it's a UFO.

and when i say stealth, I meant it. noiseless, radar proof and capable of flying at low altitude.
edit on 14-1-2012 by PFCStryker because: Stealth

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PFCStryker
In addition we do have plenty of secret stealth crafts made with distinct designs that when civilians sees it they have no idea what the heck is it they would think that it's a UFO.

and when i say stealth, I meant it. noiseless, radar proof and capable of flying at low altitude.
edit on 14-1-2012 by PFCStryker because: Stealth

well i guess that's probably what it was.... which explains all other ufo sightings. i guess that's what the videos i linked to were too?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Could be.

BUT

I'm not going to rule out that we're the only intelligent beings in the Universe.

edit on 14-1-2012 by PFCStryker because: BUT

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PFCStryker

i really don't know what to think. i'm sure there is life out there somewhere. i just know i saw something i've never seen before. it wasn't lanterns (too far away and the lights were red). it wasn't regular planes. it wasn't regular helicopters because the lights weren't right. they were nowhere to be seen after only a few minutes even though i was on an elevated freeway with a good view in the direction i saw them.

my daughter insists aliens and doesn't want to hear any other explanation. i'm trying to think this through logically... but it did freak me out.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Yes, there's definitely Life out there and who knows, what you saw could be really an extraterrestrial vehicle. the truth is out there and hopefully soon it will reveal itself right under our noses.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Any chance you can tell us where you filmed them? No mention of city, state or country. Would help determine if they were military bases close.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

i personally didn't film anything. first, i don't have a video camera. second i was in my car on the way home and didn't even have my cell with me (which doesn't even take good photos in low light let alone video). my daughter and i searched google and the videos i linked are as close as we can come to finding something that looked like what we saw.

bergstrom airforce base is on the other side of town from me (i'd say over a 40 minute drive from where these were seen). i have seen military helicopters (the HUGE ones) and military jets but it's rare to even see those in the day. since living here i've seen them as often as i've seen them in any other place i've ever lived. because there is a base here that's the only other explanation i could think of for what we saw. military helicopters. if they weren't that then i don't know WHAT the hell they were.

i looked at chinese lantern videos and that doesn't match what we saw. the lights were more red than orange and i could detect 2 lights per object/craft.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I see, there was a UFO incident involving Bergstrom AFB in the 1980's and this is what they reportedly saw:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join