It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Juliet Marine GHOST

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Juliet marine website

Here is the Juliet Marine Ghost prototype vessel. It purports to use supercavitation to achieve superior speed and mobility.

IT looks to me like the two winglike structures that attach to the main hull and the two outriggers is capable of changing it's angle in relation to the hull.

Just curious if anyone out there has any other pictures of this craft (especially the aft portion of the pontoons.)
Or feel free to post your thoughts on it's overall viability as a raider type craft for use in shallow and deeper water.

To be clear the main reason I am posting this thread is to see if anyone else has any more information than what is listed at juliet marine's own website... and because I'm curious what people think this would be good or not good for.
edit on 14-1-2012 by roguetechie because: Edit to add more information

edit on 14-1-2012 by roguetechie because: edit to add Juliet Marine URL

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
What does supercavitation mean?

Is this 'Ghost' only available to the U.S military..Or are there other countries that also have them?

Sorry for the 21 questions..Just would like to learn more about it & its background

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Well if it does do supercavitation and it is stealthy, it seems to be good as a fast patrol craft/specops insertion platform.

Who knows how well it will work though?

Supercavitation is basically creating and maintaining an air bubble between the water and the object (the pontoon looking things in this case, methinks) to reduce friction and let things go real fast
edit on 14-1-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The brochure's mention that they are open to civilian sales as well as military so if someone had the money they could probably buy one without the military goodies installed.

As far as supercavitation goes supercavitation wiki

Here's another wiki on super cavitating propellers

My biggest question is how exactly is it propelled? I'd love to see a picture of the aft section of it's outrigger hulls to see what sort of prop if any they have on them.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Seems like a pretty useful design. Personally, I want to see more development into these types of ships.

Only bad side seems to be that these ships would be screwed if they lost an engine or engine pylon. Even if one fails mechanically, the ship would be stuck going in circles.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'm also curious about what they mean by supercavitation in relation to their craft. They talk about the ghost being stealthy but supercavitation as I understand it is not something that would be stealthy at all to sonar. Now it could be that my understanding is very flawed when it comes to what they mean by super cavitation and or what part of their craft is supercavitating. Honestly this little design has left me with more questions than answers which is why I posted it up on ATS in the hopes that someone here might know a bit more about the design.

new topics

top topics

join