It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Masonic Ladies - Don't Fear the Square and Compass

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
i came across this article about masonic ladies - a rare topic so i thought i share it with ATS =) enjoy...

www.vice.com...

do you ATS think these are fully accepted masons or is this just a public stunt ?




posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
"Don't fear the square and compass"

Is that some kind of code for something that can't be mentioned?

What's so damned ironic is that they actually want to go right back to wearing aprons.

edit on 1/14/2012 by The1Prettiest1One because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It's Co-Masonry.



posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason
 


Originally posted by KSigMason
It's Co-Masonry.


what do you mean? can you elaborate your post a bit?



posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Theres no female masons.

if anything they could be Eastern Stars.

that is about as close as any female (unless shes super hot) will get to masonry. haha



posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Co-Masonry is an irregular body of Masonry that allows both men and women to go through their version of the Craft degrees. They are not a recognized body of Masonry and thus I would not sit in Lodge with them. Often they also don't require members to be men (or in their case, women) of faith.



posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
correct me if I am wrong but I thought they were called the daughters of JOB



posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lawlz0rz
Theres no female masons.

if anything they could be Eastern Stars.

that is about as close as any female (unless shes super hot) will get to masonry. haha


To my knowledge, Lawlz0rz is 90% correct, the other 10% is the 'hot' part lol

Otherwise, they could be co-mansons, but I was under the impression that they had to be of royal blood to qualify. IDK, but I've never seen a female mason myself, just Eastern Star ladies.



posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason
 


Yeah silly females wanting equality in frount of god....

Everyone knows that god doesnt believe in equality or compassion. Just look at all the babies with cancer... o wait thats our fault.. babies didnt get cancer before mcdonalds.

You "wouldnt sit in a lodge with them".. those words make me want to reach through the screen.



posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf
 


OR.......Maybe..............it's a fraternity.

Boys rule, girls drool.

It's just the way it is. God loves women just as much as men. He told me so.



posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance

Originally posted by Lawlz0rz
Theres no female masons.

if anything they could be Eastern Stars.

that is about as close as any female (unless shes super hot) will get to masonry. haha


To my knowledge, Lawlz0rz is 90% correct, the other 10% is the 'hot' part lol

Otherwise, they could be co-mansons, but I was under the impression that they had to be of royal blood to qualify. IDK, but I've never seen a female mason myself, just Eastern Star ladies.


No royal blood, not family ties needed. For regular masonry you need to be a man, freeborn, have a belief in a higher power, and be willing to learn new things. That is all. (Oh, and not be a criminal)



posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by objectivist
 

The International Order of Job's Daughters is a youth group for young women who have some kind of family tie to a Master Mason. It does not confer the Craft degrees nor allow the young women to sit in a tiled Lodge. You could say it is the Girl Scouts of the Masons.

reply to post by Wertdagf
 

It has nothing to do with equality before God, but we are a "fraternity".

Disease and err in the world doesn't negate the goodness or compassion of God.

I am bound not to sit in Lodge with them, not because they are women, but because they are not a member of a recognized Masonic order.



posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by KSigMason
 


Yeah silly females wanting equality in frount of god....


No Freemason has ever equated Masonic membership or lack thereof with standing before God or man. This is exclusively the province of the anti-Mason.


You "wouldnt sit in a lodge with them".. those words make me want to reach through the screen.


He's done two tours in Iraq. There are better people to play Internet Tough Guy against.



posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason
 


You put the cart before the horse, you may not sit in Lodge with them because you swore you wouldn't be present or assist in Iniating, Passing or Raising a woman among others. This is what makes a woman Freemason "clandestine".

Feminine and mixed gender Lodges are not trying to change mainstream Freemasonry, we are content to have Masonic communication with those we have Amity with. It is to bad we can't cooperate on matters unrelated to "Masonic secrets".

I wish there were more interviews to accompany the photos though.



posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha
 

I follow the ancient traditions and landmarks of Freemasonry.



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join