It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs - The Earthlight Phenomenon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
An increasing number of ufologists believe that the answer to the UFO mystery is not in the vastness of the universe, but is hidden deep inside our planet.

The theory that UFOs might only be from Earth remained unnoticed in the ET-oriented crowd for a long time. It was almost strict believe that you had to deal with extraterrestrial spaceships.
Charles Fort (1874-1932), the famous explorer of the paranormal, was the first person that realized that UFO sightings coincide with strange "meteor" and earthquake appearences. It wasnt till the 60s when some ufologists started on the next logical thinking step and brought concrete obligations in connection with geological fault zones.

The possible relationship between "Earthlights" and the alien UFO research has divided into two camps. Ufologists "of the old guard" take such objects as before for extraterrestrial spaceships and believe that "massive" flying objects that can be spotted during the day. They also remember us that UFOs are sighted in places that are far away from fault lines.

The followers of the Earthlight theory accept the criteria that sometimes these lights can very well take on spaceship-like proportions. If Earthlight is a type of plasma with hot, electrically charged gases - they would also appear shiny and metallic in daylight. That would explain the descriptions of eye witnesses, the report of "silver discs" - from Kenneth Arnold, and after him thousands of other UFO watchers.

In this case the American newspaper reporter John Bennett came to my attention. He heard of a crowd that went to a ranch outside the city Ada - about 110 miles from Oklahoma City - where strange light phenomena could be observed. He was seized with curiosity. Because he wanted to get to the bottom of the mystery, he sat in his car and drove to the secluded ranch. When dawn broke, he noticed an silver/orange light between some trees. At first he thought it was the light of a lamp, but then the light got larger, rushing to and from him while changing it's color.

-

Despite the efforts of many UFOlogists trying to ridicule the Earthlight theory - or simply ignore it - the field of investigations is under way.

As impressive as the various research results may be, it remains to be seen if the actual intent of Ufology is to distract or whether they are preparing a new, more sophisticated form of ufology in our near future.

edit on 14-1-2012 by Anim8tr because: no reason given

edit on 14-1-2012 by Anim8tr because: ---

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

perhaps it explain some of the bright dots around quakes.. but still dont explain how..

and how do we even begin to expain somehing like this...

and this..

edit on 14-1-2012 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I believe their are beings/aliens in the earth. Theirs allot of evidence to say so. But i believe the ufo's from the 40's-20th century to still be actual metal ships, but from lower beings. I have seen some odd ships of "light" a couple of times in the past 2 years, these could be from more advanced beings.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Making a quick drop-off here but I'll be back. As you inferred; plasma speculations are not a very popular subject around here. It's basically ignored by ufologists of the "It's ET danggit!!" crowd...if they even know about it.

Many of them also ignore one of--if not the most--extensive field study of the phenomena ever done. Publicly and outside of possible black ops studies anyways. Project Identification.

It amazing how many folk who state they've "researched" the field are unfamiliar with the study. Probably, ahem, because Prof. Rutledge felt like the team had identified some of the daytime sightings as some type of plasma phenomena.

Challenged to explain sightings of unidentified lights and luminous phenomena in the sky around Piedmont, Missouri, Dr. Harley Rutledge decided to subject these reports to scientific analysis. He put together a team of observers with college training in the physical sciences, including a large array of equipment: RF spectrum analyzers, Questar telescopes, low-high frequency audio detectors, electromagnetic frequency analyzer, cameras, and a galvanometer to measure variations in the Earth's gravitational field.

The resulting Project Identification commenced in April 1973, logging several hundred hours of observation time. This was the first UFO scientific field study, able to monitor the phenomena in real-time, enabling Rutledge to calculate the objects' actual velocity, course, position, distance, and size.

Observation of the unclouded night sky often revealed "pseudostars" - stationary lights camouflaged by familiar constellations. Some objects appeared to mimic the appearance of known aircraft; others violated the laws of physics. The most startling discovery was that on at least 32 recorded occasions, the movement of the lights synchronized with actions of the observers. They appeared to respond to a light being switched on and off, and to verbal or radio messages. The final results of this project were documented in the 1981 book, Project Identification: The first Scientific Study of UFO Phenomena.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Making a quick drop-off here but I'll be back.

Can't wait. Project Identification really sparked my interest. More stuff please : )

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Since Harley passed away in 2006 , who is replacing him if anyone at all ?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Still multi-tasking but this OP has me raring to get discussing the subject with the crew. I should state here that I do believe some of the plasma/earthlight phenomena demonstrate intelligence. Here's a few more links y'all might find interesting.

“Bohm, a leading expert in twentieth century plasma physics, observed in amazement that once electrons were in plasma, they stopped behaving like individuals and started behaving as if they were a part of a larger and interconnected whole.

Although the individual movements of each electron appeared to be random, vast numbers of electrons were able to produce collective effects that were surprisingly well organized and appeared to behave like a life form. The plasma constantly regenerated itself and enclosed impurities in a wall in the same way that a biological organism, like the unicellular amoeba, might encase a foreign substance in a cyst.

So amazed was Bohm by these life-like qualities that he later remarked that he frequently had the impression that the electron sea was ‘alive’ and that plasma possessed some of the traits of living things. The debate on the existence of plasma-based life forms has been going on for more than 20 years ever since some models showed that plasma can mimic the functions of a primitive cell.”
www.mysterious-america.net...

Although the British MOD doesn't attribute intelligence to them, they do relate "plasmas" and ufos in the following report:

Unidentified Aerial Phenomena in the UK (PDF)

Here's a great ATS OP that also sheds light on another very intriguing scientific study of sorts involving these anomalous "lights."

The Yakima UFO Sightings by ATS Easynow

For the ET Only members:
Professor Designs Plasma Driven UFO

Watchdog: I believe the field part of the Project Identification studies ended years ago. Prof. Rutledge put out a book about the study & findings. I'm gonna check if it's available on Kindle as I haven't read it. Back later.
edit on 14-1-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
While perhaps scientifically interesting, earthquake lights, the Hessdalen lights, superior mirages, ball lightning, etc. are among the many things that could account for what some people interpret as UFOs, and there is still the issue of gun-camera footage from the many jets scrambled to chase UFOs and cinetheodolite footage from Project Twinkle withheld from public view. If those in government who have examined such footage had any doubts that they were spacecraft of nonhuman origin, they could certainly get better photos taken simultaneously from multiple angles by coordinating radar with observatories. If what they have only shows atmospheric phenomena, why withhold it?

edit on 15-1-2012 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
reply to post by Anim8tr

perhaps it explain some of the bright dots around quakes.. but still dont explain how..

and how do we even begin to expain somehing like this...

This has been debunked as the lights on the deck of a cruise ship at sea. Sorry.....explained, and ignorance has been denied (gavel hits desk).

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Yes the UK MOD does recognise the plasmas - I remember it as the main BBC News headline on a Monday morning some years ago, maybe 2006. For sure the earthlights if you call them that do exist, but they are not spontaneous, they are intelligent and are connected with radiant white motherships.

join