It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comcast/NBC Universal owner of G4tv Supporter of SOPA!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Comcast/NBC Universal owner of G4tv home of Attack of the Show and X-play on the Supporters list of SOPA.
Just thought it was funny considering anyone who watches this channel knows they seem to act as if they are not with seemingly negative reviews on it HERE
Example Video, One of Many

Photo Source

Actual .gov PDF
edit on 14-1-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: add image

edit on 14-1-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: add video

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
yea if you had a top down organized coup of the internet ready to fire off, would you not have seemingly powerful people who are involved with your coup pretending to be your enemies? its been happening since hitler and its what gets us (the average human beings) into all of this BS, start the problem, manufacture enemies, stage your fight, pick the winner, reap the rewards.-standard fatcat order of operation.

here was my point to this,

Through these businesses, GE participates in a wide variety of markets including the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity (e.g. nuclear, gas and solar), lighting, industrial automation, medical imaging equipment, motors, railway locomotives, aircraft jet engines, and aviation services. It co-owns NBCUniversal with Comcast. Through GE Commercial Finance, GE Consumer Finance, GE Equipment Services, and GE Insurance it offers a range of financial services as well. It has a presence in over 100 countries.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 14-1-2012 by POPtheKlEEN89 because: (no reason given)

NOTE::::::"GE co-owns NBCUniversal with Comcast".-along with about 100 other services ranging from military and government contracts to loans and industrial financing/insurance.

edit on 14-1-2012 by POPtheKlEEN89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

Yes I do not disagree. It was just ironic the one specified video was the one I had watched that triggered me to look into this as I tune in to this channel occasionally. The video was advertising an app that would scan barcodes and tell you if the product is linked to a company that supports SOPA so that you can avoid supporting the supporters. So in a sense they are inadvertently also telling their viewers to stop watching and giving them ratings and to unlike their facebook (which I did) because making a point takes action from the bottom in mass amounts. I have not seen any articles of them putting it to their network they only are adhering to their audience so to remain popular with them which is hypocritical.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

true, it appears SOPA's an advertising dream as well as a peeing on the declaration of independence.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

Doesn't surprise me that they would support this. Don't like Comcast anymore, probably will switch, Comcast product sucks (don't believe the commercials) since the switchover, we have had more trouble with tv feed going out then we ever did before with Comcast.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Wouldn't pretty much any major owner of often pirated intellectual property be in favor of SOPA? At least in premise?

The problem with SOPA isn't in the objective, it's in the details. It provides too much of a slippery slope, and needs to be refined and specified. Sure, I know many on the web just LOVE piracy, but the simple fact is that it is a pretty rampant problem.

My issue with SOPA is that it simply opens the door to too much leeway in interpreting what qualifies under it, and how it can be prosecuted, etc. The devil is in the details, as they say.

The other issue, is that it would be nearly impossible to enforce, just as the existing legislation in the US is.

top topics

join