It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sightings - North America Leads, How is Canada Doing? Questions!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
So after reading through the many UFO sightings threads and videos, I have often noticed an American trend of sightings, and thought why is Canada never on the map for UFO sightings. Well, there were a few sightings here in Canada, but I wanted to bring this site I found to everyone's attention for statistics on UFO sightings:

www.larryhatch.net...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UFO Sightings Map: Western Hemisphere
As of March 2006, the *U* UFO Database lists about 18,552 filtered UFO sightings, worldwide, for all dates. Well over half are shown here as white pixels.

While the USA seems to predominate, this is just an artifact of available data. Highly interesting sightings come from many countries, even after eliminating fireballs, night-lights and other questionable reports.

Its interesting to watch activity shift back and forth on this map with a special "rotation" algorithm in the original *U* program. Sadly, that won't show on this static display.

www.larryhatch.net...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UFO Sightings Map: Eastern Hemisphere

Apart from Europe and English speaking countries, good UFO sightings for are hard to find in the East. Many Asian reports came from the US Military, travelers and businessmen.

Rather than a lack of sightings, the absence of a reliable chain of information blank some areas out completely. Culture, language, literacy and infrastructure combine to make a complete picture impossible.

Most of the Indian Ocean appears entirely vacant in spite of air and sea traffic. Still, the global nature of UFO sightings is evident.

www.larryhatch.net...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above website is the older source for this stuff for sure. But going back to my reason why not many reports on here about UFO sighting were Canadian based, I decided to see what statistics there were to back up Canadian findings.

I found this one site called: The Canadian UFO Survey Charts (www.canadianuforeport.com...)

I was amazed on the data shown between 1989 - 2007.

www.canadianuforeport.com...

In 1989 there were about 130 UFO sightings in Canada. In 2007 there were about 830 UFO sightings reported. That is about a 540% increase in 18 years!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------
My questions for thought:

So I am wondering are there other sites and up-to-date statistics you know about that you could share? Also why is it that A LOT of sightings happen to be in the US?
If UFO's have an Egyptian connection, why aren't there more sightings there?
Is there a stargate over the US, or somewhere in North America, that is leading to more sightings there of UFOs?
Is there a connection between an increasing trend in sightings and the real 2012 conspiracy that aliens will be the year the world will really know about them?

Thanks everyone for reading, I am looking forward to your response(s)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
seeing the maps makes me really wonder that it could just be out gov making these crafts and testing them.

btw im sure theyres a good precent of people that DO NOT report sightings cause they either are SCARED OR DO NOT wanna waste there time saying anything

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
There's sightings up here. People just have better things to do with their time. It's not like another sighting will bring about any sort of disclosure by any type of government, if that is the case.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
population of Canada is a LOT less than US so you would expect less reports proportionally

But the Canadian Government doesn't care much about them anymore

www.lac-bac.gc.ca...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I could make a list of reasons, but this one stands out:

Canada does not currently possess any weapons of mass destruction and has signed treaties repudiating possession of them. Canada ratified the Geneva Protocol in 1930 and the Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty in 1970.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join