It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anthropomorphism in Casar de Cáceres - Another Ancient Alien/Astronaut?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

"El Antropomorfo del Casar de Caceres" is a granite stele of anthropomorphic figure. It's origin is not clear but it could belong to the late Roman period or Celtic.

It was localized and released 35 years ago by the druid Cauceno (that's how he call himself), embedded in the perimeter wall of the cemetery of the town of Casar de Cáceres (Casar de Cáceres is a municipality located in the province of Cáceres, Extremadura, Spain).

The stele has been moved from its location to a room dedicated to Roman epigraphy, the Provincial Archaeological Museum of Caceres.

His rare head, smiling, helmet-shaped hair and slanted eyes, his bulky shoulders and wears thick boots that have sparked the imagination of many and the interest of some epigraphists and historians who did not quite decipher definitively the inscription engraved on his chest.

Maybe somebody in ATS can help to decipher the mysterios message. It seems to be 3 different interpretations, since not all the symbols are clear :

Casar cemetery is in very close to Arroyo de la Luz, felt for hundreds of years as a "hot spot" in terms of UFO sightings and apparitions that have been attributed in many cases to a divine origin. Already in 1134 there are legends of strange entities that helped the Christians in one of the battles of the reconquest.

www.celtiberia.net...
elodlh.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

interesting, but not the first one

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by vrlsh6

First one ?

Do you mean not the first visitor?, yeah....we know.

The important point are the inscriptions.
edit on 14-1-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
To me it looks like it is depicting someone wearing chainmail armor and a helmet of some sort.
Those are only my thoughts though.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
As the photo is not clear or close enough I'll speculate.

It shows chain mail as noted above

It was a list of initials partial names of men in a military unit or other organization

It also looks like it may have been made then 'erased' but you cannot tell as the photographs are not detailed enough

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

The military theory could be. We might need to check how Romans coded their militar divisions.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The initials may also stand for common phrases in Latin. For example, we use "RIP" and "LOL" and "BRB" (among others.) Other cultures had similar shorthand phrases -- including Latin. Could also be the initials of the legion groups at that site.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
The initials may also stand for common phrases in Latin. For example, we use "RIP" and "LOL" and "BRB" (among others.) Other cultures had similar shorthand phrases -- including Latin. Could also be the initials of the legion groups at that site.

Hmmm well Roman legions did have initials but I couldn't find a good online source, the tenth legion was LXF for example but the initials above appear to be other things or in a different format. A mystery

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I got the italian language wikipedia link for the list of roman legions, the symbols seem to be different from the one we are discussing here :

it.wikipedia.org...

(the english version doesn't show all the details on the italian link).

Maybe the stele is not roman?

Here another italian link, first you'll see the list of all the legions, then a quick description of each one, at the right of that there are the symbols (red squares).

www.romanoimpero.com...
edit on 16-1-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
dear op

it seems to say ilucia which is a mysterious celtic city supposedly near porzuna which was conquered by rome.

mr umbrella head however is one of the main gods that heralded the metal age. he is very popular as stele in tuscany and as idols in anatolia by 3000bc. he is from the sopot vinca originally it seems.

peace

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Parta

Interesting, thank you. I will try to go deeper using your info.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Parta

You were right, I found it !!

(Look the second from left to right, same smiley face)

www.discovertuscany.com...

We still don't know the meaning of those letters, but we got closer.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I read the translated Spanish language replies at the Celtiberia site noted in the OP, this message:

# 2 Reuveannabaraecus, Saturdays, December 23, 2006 at 01:55

Unfortunately I couldn't get the translated information to copy correctly. The writer has some insights on what the carving might have written on it

top topics

join