It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monkey+Frankenstein. When Fiction Turns Into Fact!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I can only leave you with this one observation concerning these matters.
I see the line between human and abomination as very thin at best.
Unbridled, the human seems destined to abomination.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well, well, well.

First-ever human head transplant is now possible, says neuroscientist

Technical barriers to grafting one person’s head onto another person’s body can now be overcome, says Dr. Sergio Canavero, a member of the Turin Advanced Neuromodulation Group. In a recent paper, Canavero outlines a procedure modeled on successful head transplants which have been carried out in animals since 1970.

The one problem with these transplants was that scientists were unable to connect the animals’ spinal cords to their donor bodies, leaving them paralyzed below the point of transplant. But, says Canavero, recent advances in re-connecting spinal cords that are surgically severed mean that it should be technically feasible to do it in humans. (This is not the same as restoring nervous system function to quadriplegics or other victims of traumatic spinal cord injury.)

As Canavero notes in his paper:

“The greatest technical hurdle to [a head transplant] is of course the reconnection of the donor’s (D)’s and recipients (R)’s spinal cords. It is my contention that the technology only now exists for such linkage…. [S]everal up to now hopeless medical connections might benefit from such a procedure.”

qz.com...

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Join the OOB crew TONIGHT as they discuss the weird and wonderful world of ATS....

SHOW HOSTS: NoRegretsEver, Wrabbit2000, Above Board, ImaMarty, and Druid42 SHOW GUESTS: Bigfatfurrytexan, Darkblade71, Destinyone, and Zarniwoop

Show times Monday 10 pm GMT (UK), 11 pm CET (Europe Monday 10 pm EST, 9 pm CST, 8 pm MST, 7 pm PST (North America) Tuesday 10 pm AEST (Australia)

Out of The Box

new topics

<< 1   >>

join