It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While on ATS, these are the Chinese IP’s that tried to hack into me

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
"Basically if you are not launching a missle, you are not being tracked by those dishes :]"

Let me guess its scanning for missile launch frequencies? So when they launch we literally know when they push the button. As opposed to detecting missile by satellite.. detecting it by launch frequency is a even better idea. hmmmm
edit on 15-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
I've been online for about 5 minutes and already an IP of ***.**.***.*** from Urumqi China has tried to hack into me.

Could you take a Print screen and post it, please blank out any IP or personal info but if you could color code the different numbers.

For example

img703.imageshack.us...

I just would like to see what you see.

You have to be aware that any program/ driver/ Internet cookie/ ect could be connecting to any one site.

Also it's possible if the connection is incoming that it's not meant for your currently WAN IP, it was being used by someone before it was assigned to you.

If you have other Internet devices such as a cell phone or iReader or an IP cable box (Hulu/ Netflix/ ect) maybe connecting to a harmless server.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Semaphore527

I've been online for about 5 minutes and already an IP of ***.**.***.*** from Urumqi China has tried to hack into me.

Could you take a Print screen and post it, please blank out any IP or personal info but if you could color code the different numbers.

For example

img703.imageshack.us...

I just would like to see what you see.

You have to be aware that any program/ driver/ Internet cookie/ ect could be connecting to any one site.

Also it's possible if the connection is incoming that it's not meant for your currently WAN IP, it was being used by someone before it was assigned to you.

If you have other Internet devices such as a cell phone or iReader or an IP cable box (Hulu/ Netflix/ ect) maybe connecting to a harmless server.

Sorry, but the image would reveal some of my security measures.
But I think you already knew that.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Wow, paranoid.. here, I'll bite. Just moved the IPs off to the side.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Hmm... ok it's hard to tell from that. What is the software I'll throw it up on a VM and see what it does, if I can understand how the history is generated I should be able to tell you.

I will say it's an interesting list you have there

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeyy

Long live Jerry Cantrell!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassey222

Wow, paranoid.. here, I'll bite. Just moved the IPs off to the side.

Your ad hominem attempt in falsely calling me paranoid, fails to intimidate me.
The plethora of attempts from the Chinese government, in hacking into American computers, is well documented.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

yeah but why you? unless you have access to or are working for a core system to our infrastructure (power/ transportation/ communications/ ect) I highly doubt they are intrested in gaining access to your specific system.

At worst it's a port scan looking for open networks and computers (which happenes 24/7) and if you are behind protection as you claim I think you'll be fine.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Semaphore527

yeah but why you? unless you have access to or are working for a core system to our infrastructure (power/ transportation/ communications/ ect) I highly doubt they are intrested in gaining access to your specific system.

At worst it's a port scan looking for open networks and computers (which happenes 24/7) and if you are behind protection as you claim I think you'll be fine.

No I'm not worried. The Chinese already hacked into my old google account (I'll never use google or their android crap). My point being was to inform other members of the hazards of not having the new extreme threat protection devices.
www.smallnetbuilder.com...

edit on 15-1-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I have no doubt China is conducting a no-holds bard "shotgun" attack on any and all computers they can. It's been pretty much accepted for years that they are engaged in intense industrial, corporate and general espionage. They pay special attention to anyone particularly Chinese or ex-Chinese nationals critical of their policies. As for targeting this site it may be it falls under the category of going after science, technical as well as socio-political information. They try to predict events and social moods like a lot of others. Social media sites are monitored for just that reason.

I basically do not store any information useful to a potential competitor, or use a "connected" computer that I use for general web scanning and the occasional comment for anything work related. I just assume someone somewhere can get through any security. For "office" communications, research and reports I have a separate system not connected to anything, not even directly to the a/c grid. I go beyond that but need not go into it here. It's known that you can modulate a signal and use the regular a/c to send-receive information. Paranoid? You can buy a device that lets you turn your house or office electrical wiring into a wireless transmitter akin to wifi. And power companies for years have used just that kind of modulation to detect and locate down power lines, no biggie.

As for China, they don't have any problem laughing at such things as copyrights or patents. So one way around that is constantly updating, changing and innovating technology so hopefully by the time something is analyzed, its already obsolete. Its expensive but what choice does one have? If you can pull out all the stops.

Welcome to the new cold war, not so cold.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture

I have no doubt China is conducting a no-holds bard "shotgun" attack on any and all computers they can. It's been pretty much accepted for years that they are engaged in intense industrial, corporate and general espionage. They pay special attention to anyone particularly Chinese or ex-Chinese nationals critical of their policies. As for targeting this site it may be it falls under the category of going after science, technical as well as socio-political information. They try to predict events and social moods like a lot of others. Social media sites are monitored for just that reason.
As for China, they don't have any problem laughing at such things as copyrights or patents. So one way around that is constantly updating, changing and innovating technology so hopefully by the time something is analyzed, its already obsolete. Its expensive but what choice does one have? If you can pull out all the stops.
Welcome to the new cold war, not so cold.

Indeed the chinese free-for-all attack on All Countries computers is quite telling of their war-like endeavor to conquer the the world. As you say, this no holds barred attitude, is a multi-faceted pre-emptive strike against non-Sino countries. Not in just attacking computers, but selling contaminated food, defective products, and Sun Tzu tactics to name a few.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

Anything that may be of value. They might send a link to a web site that you may enjoy going to. This could then redirect you to another nefarious site, or install a key-logger.
This is why a new type of hardware fire wall with VPN and gigabyte ports is so important. Include also a software net-defense w/ antivirus. I also use the Collusion add-on by @toolness.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I also studied the brilliant Sun Tzu tactics. But it would seem many of TPTB in China today have not...Or they would not be so short sighted.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Definetly make sure you have excellent protection on here, and everywhere
edit on 7-3-2012 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I also studied the brilliant Sun Tzu tactics. But it would seem many of TPTB in China today have not...Or they would not be so short sighted.

Um, maybe. But there seem to be a boatload of new Chinese restaurants popping up.
Sun Tzu say's it's better to infiltrate your enemy and attack with-in, than to attack from the outside.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The best way to check if you've been hacked.... is to use a second computer, and boot into it using a Ubuntu live disc (Google it), download Wireshark, and then switch on the computers you suspect to be hacked, and see if any dodgy data is going through it (Wireshark shows all data passing through your network)....... Make sure you disable Windows Update too, because that might show up as data going through the network.

I'd say, run that experiment for about a day, browsing the web, typing stuff in documents, adding new files to your hard drive, and see if any of this data gets uploaded. See if your keystrokes are being uploaded etc.

It's key to make sure you've booted into Wireshark before switching on the other computers, because once Wireshark is in RAM, hackers won't be able to modify Wireshark itself.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I use windows own Microsoft Security Essentials.

I have zero problems with malware/adware on any computer I have owned for for over ten years. Unless ive gotten blind drunk and clicked on something stupid. Even then modem off, safe mode re-format. Takes an hour or two.

You may be confusing IPs that are pinging you with some sort of crazy chinese cyber attack. You need to relax, its fine. Have a look through some peer block logs and see the horror.

No I'm not worried. The Chinese already hacked into my old google account (I'll never use google or their android crap)

Oh no, they didnt.
edit on 8-3-2012 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Just want to add, that if an IP is located in China, does not mean the used computer has to be in china as well.

If somebody is into hacking he will do everything to cloak his identity, and use a proxy rerouter.
So if he is sitting in let's say Langley and uses a rerouter it could look like a chinese IP.

So it's difficult to say if it's really chinese origin, might be, but might be not.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Um, maybe. But there seem to be a boatload of new Chinese restaurants popping up.
Sun Tzu say's it's better to infiltrate your enemy and attack with-in, than to attack from the outside.

I have no problem with Chinese opening up restaurants anywhere, I like Chinese food. And Sun T. would not have had that concept at least as a cultural "exchange" and exposure"with another society. This entire concept would be outside his experience. A bit like going back 500 or less years and trying to explain to a European the concept of mass media or mass production. Unfathomable to them.

And to be truly paranoid, even for me and thats scary, I could say that the restaurant angle is a so called 5th column, and I consider that ridiculous. Though we do know of Chinese gangs (Tongs in particular) who "are allowed" by certain immigrants no doubt made an offer they can't refuse, to use the business as a headquarters.

Actually ran into what I swear (I trust my instincts) was a meeting along those lines when I asked to be seated and there were plenty of tables, only 6 guys at one who didn't take their eyes off me. I said it would be fine for take-out and saw the lady let out a noticeable fe' u...!

But Sun Tzu DID apply his very famous and more-popular-today then ever book to far beyond military issues or affairs of state. Business people are no doubt the biggest readers of this book. "The Art of War" is usually read by the best and most successful business people on Earth, no question they are far greater in number then the military. I believe its required reading in US, British and no doubt more military academies the world over, at least in countries who think their soldiers should think.

And the business community dwarfs the volume read by the business community. Actually I give a copy of "The Art of War" to every new employ at any of my companies. I certainly don't require people to read it, though I do "sell" it with unabashed enthusiasm. I don't believe as an employer its up to me to dictate what people read and am clear on that. Perhaps that piques curiosity, who knows...

But when they crack the book to see what Bob is so hot on, I found over 78% do read it. And this is given to everyone not just the guys and gals in the nice offices. I don't "quiz them" but am often told they couldn't put it down, or I see certain behaviors which could be just business sense on their part reflected in how they work.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Maybe it's because some chinese are trying to get around the western supplied net nanny to deny a little ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join