It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory Plausibilty, UFO travel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Using some theories of my own

I tend to agree with the theory that time stands still at the speed of light, and I can also agree to some extent that if you go faster than the speed of light time will reverse. The downside is that, time is a concept to perceive cause and effect from what I have gathered reading up on it.

Here's a flaw or at least something that merits more thought. If time stands still at the speed of light, than how does Light ever make it past it's point of origin. Take this for example, the sun's rays traveling at the speed of light take about 8 minutes to reach the earth. If time were to stand still upon the emittance of light, then the light from the sun would stay frozen at it's point of origin. I do not admit to being a scientist, but it's just a hypothesis. Another thought in that same fashion. Perhaps light in a vaccum with no other particles to interact could in fact stand frozen. However in outerspace, light has to pass through other matter to reach a destination. I'll use space dust as an example. Light passing through space dust meets a very finite resistance, which essentially slows down light just enough to measure under it's own standard in speed. So light meeting resistance allows it to function by a speed/time ratio, light with no resistance remains frozen at it's point of origin. Light shining through space dust is like light hitting a thin paper bag, and slows down just enough to move through time. So with no resistance, time and light stand still, with resistance light slows down, and moves albeit damn fast and functions within time.

On the matter of Soace Aliens traveling to earth. They must also know the function of light, and time. I think they have developed 2 types of travel. Faster than light, and worm hole/quantum singularity.

I think the greys understand they will go back in time if they try to jump past light speed, so they found a way to fold space. With folding space no manipulation of time is needed. While they essentially arrive at point b, nearly the time they leave point a, they just push their ships through a doorway.

On sightings of UFO's over the history of Human kind. In knowing that moving faster than the speed of light, reverses time in their perspective. I'm willing to bet, that's exactly their purpose. Aliens and UFO's spotted in our past actually come from whatever point in time they choose to get there. They use their folded space doorway to arrive near earth. Then they use their faster than light travel speed to have the world move around them, arriving at the very same fixed point in which they reached maximum acceleration for faster than light speed.

So Bob the Grey leaves his planet on say June 10th 2002 at 2:35 and 45 Seconds.

Bob the Grey, opens his doorway and arrives on Earth at the same time but 45.8 seconds.

Bob the Grey, hovers around Cleveland for a while, taking in the sights wearing a Hawaiin shirt, and wearing his 35mm camera looking like a tourist inside his UFO. Bob thinks hmm, I wonder what Cleveland looked like before current civilization. He reaches Indian stadium and hovers over it, using sublight speed maybe traveling at 800 mph. Above the stadium, he enacts his faster than light drive. He actually moves nowhere and remains at a fixed point since his perception of time is static, but the world around him goes through a reverse of cause and effect, undoing time. No cause, no effect, events undo themselves. He disengages his drive. Poof above where Indians Stadium will be, Bob hovers at 1200 BCE. He admires the Native Americans, and they start the legends of the Gods in the Sky.

Those legends persist, in our perception of time, but bob's time is static.

The only thing I don't have an answer for is how the hell Bob moves forward in time to get back to his point of origin, lol.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I think I solved the problem of moving forward in time. If they create another wormhole exactly at the spot where they engaged their faster than light speed drive, they can backtrack following the charged particles they had created from trip one. This wormhole would have to remain stationary, and it must be approached at beyong light speed from an angled trajectory so they essentially miss themselves in a collision from where they appeared from. The small amount of measurable gravity would pull on the charged particles taking some into the wormhole, and altering it's fixed point in time variable. They would also have to exit the wormhole, at an angled trajectory to avoid hitting themselves if they decided to drop the wormhole in the same spot where they engaged the faster than light drive on trip1.

This gives an explanation as to why UFO's always look like they are flying drunk. At that moment we see them they just took multiple trips in and out of worm holes, and used better than lite drive to reverse time. They take multiple trips into our past, but at faster than light drive we never see them move except from where they exit at funny angles. The appearance of the ufo seems to be static, when in truth it took multiple trips, but when they get back to their point of origin, they have to avoid hitting themselves.
They exit the wormhole at sublight speed, but entered it at better than light speed. The slower exit would be needed to keep the wormhole stable, and not jump backwards in time when they exit.

Holy Crap, and I thought I was only going to use my imagination to write poetry.

Any Thoughts on this ATS folks?

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Hi. I liked your post(s). They reminded me a lot of what I've been thinking about lately, with all of these new M-Theory and time travel discoveries coming out.

As for the light 'flaw'. Our perception of speed at the speed of light is relative, hence Einstein's Theory of Relativity. To use an example, say the same alien Bob is just out for a morning drive to test out his new rig. he begins moving, and has to build up speed to get to light speed. As he does so, from his perspective, time begins to slow because it takes time longer to pass for him than it does for everyone else. Once he reaches the speed of light, he 'blips' out of our apparent existence(or his, if u will), and is flying into the past. Assuming that he's in fact from the future, when he pops out, he might be here or in Ancient Egypt.

So you see, time is only relative to the person traveling. You are still very much moving when you reach the speed of light, as you must be. If you weren't, time travel would be impossible.

Now comes the tricky part. What if Bob is really from another Universe, and based on the M-Theory, has made his way through a wormhole to ours? Some theorists would say that he just used a blackhole or some other superdense mass to get here, and I think that might be the best answer. Does he use the speed of light at all to get there? Maybe, in that to reach the blackhole's singularity, he has to reach some maximum speed at which he can be stretched infinitely thin, and yet still exist as a being. IF the theory is correct, and time and space really slow as one gets closer and clsoer to singularity, then I find it really hard to believe that they are dead/killed upon reaching singularity. I rather think that they are just stretched to a point of frozen animation until they are spit out the other side; the other side being an alternate universe to our own.

And who said Sliders wasn't real? LOL!! Well, those are my few cents, and I'll leave you to ponder them for a while. Feel free to criticize any of my statements as you like, and I will try to respond in a timely manner. Have a good one.

d1k

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
How does anyone know light is the fastest speed in the universe? I'm pretty optimistic that that in it self is wrong and will be proven wrong sooner or later. Humanity may know a lot of science, but I'm sure a lot of its wrong and it's only a fraction of what there is to know "out there".

top topics

join